[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you stretch or warmup before you lift?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (582 KB, 538x794) Image search: [Google]
image.png
582 KB, 538x794
Do you stretch or warmup before you lift?
>>
10 minuten bike ride, followed by a specific pre-hab shoulders warm up. That's it.
>>
Yoga in mornings, lift, then cardio until I puke is usually my routine.
>>
5 to 10 minutes on the elliptical until I feel ready and then some light stretchin before the main lifts. Just to losen up a bit.
>>
>>37625353
Never stretch before lifting, u less you lack the required mobility for a lift, and even then, it should be dynamic stretching only.

People who warm up with 5 mins of light cardio are faggots.

Just grab the empty bar, rep it. Slap on some babyweight, rep it. Slap on like half of the working weight, rep it. Wait a min or two. Rep like 80% of your workset, rest a min.

Congratulations, you are warmed up.
Proceed to lift heavy AF.

Stretch after lifting, the extra muscle tissue damage lends itself to inducing slightly more growth. Plus the extra mobility/flexibility is well worth developing
>>
>>37625918
this nigga knows
>>
>>37625918
bro science.
If you want science backed advise than a dynamic warm up should be done before your workout followed by a cool down and some stretching.
>>
>>37626510
cool down and stretching is after your workout
>>
>>37626510
Post this science you refer to.
>>
Of course not are you mad
>>
>>37625353
I do a couple minutes of interpretive dancing and goof around with low weight dumbbells
that's it though
>>
>>37626510
>""""science""""
Actually, the science backed advice is you are a fagmuncher.
T. A scientist
>>
>>37626510
he is correct though
>dynamic stretch b4
>static stretch post workout
>>
>>37625918
I can't do shit unless I stretch before lifting. Or.. I can do bench without stretching, but that's it
>>
>>37625918
> Stretch after lifting, the extra muscle tissue damage lends itself to inducing slightly more growth.

source?
>>
>>37627511
this
https://youtu.be/n-inLAok0wA
>>
i do about 1k rowing before i start anything

takes me about 4:30 give or take 10 seconds.
>>
>>37626510
Thats literally what the guy advises though you fuckwit. Lift with no weight and sets of baby weights is literally dynamic stretching.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.