[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Planet Fitness? Never been and my entire family uses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 240x240
Thoughts on Planet Fitness? Never been and my entire family uses it. If it sucks elaborate.
>>
I'll ask again later, when my fellow Americans awaken
>>
Im american
>>
>>37621602
It's fine is you're a homeless person who needs access to bathroom/showers at $10 a month or a cardio bunny who just wants a treadmill, but...
>no freeweight barbell
>dumbbells max at 75 lbs.

I left after 6 months.
>>
File: QJ8kuyk.png (262 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
QJ8kuyk.png
262 KB, 472x472
>>37621602
Friend goes. Makes gains.
The atmosphere does not appealto me with lunk alarms and shit like that.
They also do a pizza fridays once a month which fucks with my head because the gym is like a temple me.
But if you got self control on your diet and you lift quietly its fine. I think golds is better desu senpai.
>>
It's more like a transitionary gym for people who just got off their couches but aren't comfortable enough to go to a hardcore gym yet, like old ladies and obese dudes.
>>
It's stupid that people bitch about it. They're very clear about the atmosphere that they're trying to create and the rules they have. People don't have to sign up. That being said, I think it's for pussies and the "lunkhead alarm" is retarded.
>>
>>37621868

100% this. If you dont fit that description, of course you are going to have a bad time there.
>>
>>37621868

>hardcore gym

lol

i never understood the fear of going to a gym, which is weird because i used to have hella anxiety about being in public/doing thing in front of people and shit

i guess i just zone out of the world when i lift haha
>>
>>37622222
Checked
>>
Its garbage
The selling point for cheap is the bait because if its just a small number a month fatties can drop the work out with little lost on their pocket.
Always full
Always someone breathing down your neck to finish a set and get their turn
Always a damn line
If you move from your machine for a second some dyel faggot will move your towel and skip your turn
Lunk alarm
PF is what tumblr is to social media, it will insult and a completely misrepresentation of what a group is by sayin all /fit/ness is a bunch of angry meat heads

Thank fuck my job has a free gym
>>
It is laughably terrible. The one near my house has zero squat racks/bench press or free weights with barbells at all. It's just row after row of cardio machines with some smith machines

They also give pizza away once a month. Planet Fitness is a gym for cardio bunnies or people who want to pretend they go to the gym.
>>
It's fine to start off depending on the atmosphere. The one near me is very casual and nobody presses the lunk alarm even though people drop weights all the time.
>>
>>37623597
wait so the lunk alarm is a literal alarm?
Jesus christ I just thought it was a jokey hint that "lunks" weren't welcome.
>>
>>37623794
Yes, there are videos on YouTube.
>>
I've heard it's also called planet fatness and that they serve free pizza once in a week and have free sweets on the counter.
>>
>>37623992
I know someone who just has a membership for the free pizza, 10 dollars for all you can eat papa Johns
>>
It caters to a certain demographic. It's also good if you are starting out or need cardio machines during the winter time due to icy roads.

Protip: that demographic isn't us.
>>
Bump for more possible discussion
>>
File: EDg4g8U.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
EDg4g8U.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Good starting gym for beginners under a year
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.