[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some exercises and lifestyle changes could I make to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: BF3rskvn.png (55 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
BF3rskvn.png
55 KB, 472x472
What are some exercises and lifestyle changes could I make to better prepare myself for the military. I plan on enlisting in 6 months.

>Currently I run a mile a day average time is ~7:15

>I also go to the gym 3 days a week can do max 11 pull ups

How can I ramp up this regimen enough over 6 months to be in perfect shape for the military?
>>
Honestly you're way ahead than most of the people that go in. There are some people that go in that can't even do 10 pushups.

I would say just keep trying to improve what you're doing right now.

Once you can do 10 pullups you should add 10 lbs, hang a little plate using that chain belt or hold a dumbbell between your legs.

Good luck.
>>
>>37604686
What is your goal?

you should be able to do 1.6 to 2 miles in 12 mins.

min 40 sit ups, min 35 push ups and min 10 pull ups.

and also have a lot of stress endurance.
>>
>>37604739
Should be able to do run 2 miles in 13 minutes do 72 push ups and 81 sit ups for enlisting, I don't think they measure you on pull ups anymore.

You are on the right track OP there is no reason you shouldn't be able to reach your goal in 3-4 months at most if you keep it up.
>>
>>37604686

Just get a sub 13 minute 1.5 mile run and join the Air Force. Easiest paychecks I have ever made.

Also, any career ideas?
>>
>>37604739
My goal is to enter bootcamp in a physical state that will make the exercises there more of an average day's workout rather than brutal training.

>>37604812
I haven't thought about what specific career I want to pursue, leaning towards army but I haven't made a decision on what I would like to do in the army. Why was the Air Force easy? Did you enjoy it/ are you still enlisted?
>>
>>37604786
>72 push ups and 81 sit ups

that is infantry level. if he wants to join as a cook that is actually too much-
>>
>>37604882
But what is your goal after the bootcamp?

infantry? rangers? future spec ops? or just career focused?

you have many options and each will have their own training requirments for the future.
>>
Don't get too into shape, because you'll lose a lot of it in Basic. Everyone loses weight, even skinny people. I left basic 142lb, and I am 5'10. Have perfect form push ups, sit ups, and run good and you'll be a rockstar.

Also, don't volunteer for any details. They'll try to tell you it makes you stand out and shit, but all it actually does it get the young hooahs excited to sweep and mop. Let the fags do the fag work, that's time you can do extra pt or sleep.
>>
>>37604921
I'm looking into OCS since I have an associates degree

>>37605428
Why do you lose weight? I'm guessing because you don't eat and rest as much as you would normally. Also, how was basic training for you? Were you in shape before it or was it hard for you?
>>
>>37604686
>run a mile a day
is that a warmup to the other 15 you run a day? Because if you are only able to run 1 a day you are going to be in a world of fucking pain when you get to basic. I'd be surprised if you're even allowed in if you can't do 1.5mi under 12 minutes
>>
>>37605502

You lose weight due to the food they serve, the portions, the conditions (often just not having an appetite), and the sometimes long stretches of time where you only get an MRE after 8 hours. Basic is easy. I went in average shape and they got me to standard. People who did sports and/or worked out before joining did really well physically. If you're some cocksucker who can't be away from mom and dad for more than a minute you might have trouble adjusting, but even they make it. Nothing you do physical is hard. Don't take what a drill sgt says personally, think of it as they're correcting you in the douchiest way possible. Trust me, you won't "have to try not to laugh in their face," like some tryhards claim. You probably won't be in the mood for laughing when the DS is pissed.

Anyway, rappelling is fun, shooting is fun, and there's some comraderie there. I don't believe in the "you'll remember all the fags you went to basic with" that they tell you (I can only remember a few), but you'll remember your DS, and you'll probably adopt the habits they teach you.
>>
>>37605702
How much do recruiters get paid per hour?
>>
>>37605574

I never took the pt test they want you to do with recruiters. Most people don't. The running at basic starts off slow and easy, and passing is up to you. Easiest way to get booted is to not put effort into passing the run. They really hate fat asses who can't run (unless they can max push ups).
>>
>>37605714
Same as any other e5. What is different is the COLA and BAH, both of which are googleable. They're based on where the recruiter is stationed. As an example, a recruiter in NYC makes a shit load of COLA and BAH.

COLA= cost of living allowance
>>
File: 0421 - 5x6ZNct.png (95 KB, 710x582) Image search: [Google]
0421 - 5x6ZNct.png
95 KB, 710x582
>>37604882

Still currently enlisted, went in 3 years ago. I am just a refueler, so I drive a fuel truck and pump fuel into planes, just a glorified gas station attendant. Get same pay checks as infantry kek

But every job is important. It is not too hard to cross train into another field either if you do not like what you do for 2-3 years.
>>
>>37604686

You're already probably better off than 90% of the kids you'll see in Basic. Just keep doing what you're doing. Cardio, bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>37605502

IIRC you can enter OCS with an associates but they will expect you to finish a bachelors at some point.
>>
Don't they only want 3 pullups zozzle? If you can only do 11 max pullups, keep working on them and incorporate widegrip. Then once you can do a nice 3x12 set start by adding 10 pounds first weighted. Widegrip pullups are the goat
>>
>>37605951
I'm gonna graduate with my BS in accounting from a top state school, maybe pick up a master's, and then go to enter the marines or something. I wanted to get my schooling before potentially doing something that will kill or maim me. Marines will be something I do because I want to.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.