[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/qtddtot/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 8UuKisb.jpg (102 KB, 750x265) Image search: [Google]
8UuKisb.jpg
102 KB, 750x265
QTDDTOT

Old thread is nearly dead.

Are leg presses bad for knees? If so, how do I prevent knee pain when leg pressing (and squatting)?
>>
Does people's sweat smell at the gym? I want to join a gym but like to eat garlic and onions and shit. When I work out at home it's a little strong.
>>
File: 1460463464901.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1460463464901.gif
1 MB, 400x225
Skinnyfat DYEL faggot here, i'm already going 3 times a week to the gym and i feel that i should do cardio. Will it help me with my bellyfat and gynofat or its not recommended when i'm already skinny?
>>
Is it possible to build muscle and cut? If I eat protein after a workout and do cardio, will I build muscle and lose weight
>>
>>37542956
>>37543000
You'll only lose fat if you eat at a caloric deficit and you'll only gain muscle if you eat at a caloric surplus. Cardio just helps increase your calories out and make achieving the deficit easier.
>>
>>37543000
The answer to your question is quite literally in the sticky.
>>
>>37542868
If you can smell it before you take off your shirt, other people can too. Otherwise, don't worry about it.
Reposting because there's like 3 question threads going in parallel :

Alright. What's going on? If I go up to the "bench press machine", and put the peg to 145, I can do 3x8 no problem.

If I pick up two fifty pound dumbbells, I can hardly get through the second set.

Is it a supporting muscle problem? The fact that machines are inaccurate and work different angles? Do I stick with the higher number or the one that feels more difficult to do?

And I can't use the correct equipment; the only thing we have is a Smith machine and everyone uses it to do pull up competitions on it.
>>
>>37542813
Leh presses are fine. Just as with any other exercise use loads you can handle and use proper form.
>>37543102
It's cause your balancing and stabilising muscles are weak. In the smith machine the stabilising component is lost. In Dumbbells both your hands are free for independent 3D movement. Think of it as doing push-ups with your feet on a chair vs on an exercise ball.
>>37543000
Be in a small deficit and eat enough protein spread throughout the day. Cardio and strength training are a must. it is easier to build muscle in a surplus but you can do it on a mild deficit too. Especially if you're new at this.
>>37542956
Do about 20 minutes to keep your heart healthy. Brisk walking, jump rope,dance...anything you'd enjoy doing
>>
sup frands, my progress (pic attached, "~" means the set(s) were completed with slight form issues and/or the last rep(s)/set was hard as fuuuuuuuck) is pretty shit during the semester because it's hard to get proper rest to allow for recovery (though I probably wasn't eating enough some days). I go back to classes soon so I want /fit/'s advice, should I stick with standard SS or switch to the lighter version with back extensions?

For reference, I am 21, 5' 11'', ~167lbs (started 150lbs).
>>
File: training.gif (760 KB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
training.gif
760 KB, 2544x1850
>>37543227
You should switch once you consistently can't progress on the squat.
This picture is somehow relevant in all the qtddtot threads.
>>
Is it fine to lift outside of routine? I have resistance bands at work (night shift desk jockey) and if I don't get the blood pumping every once in a while I wanna San Bernadino the place
>>
Care to rate my routine;
AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx
On the 2nd A or B I do the deload %s for squat/dead/bench/press, and keep assistance work the same.

Gist of it is:
Lower body lift, press, antagonist pull to press, assistance pull, and arm assistance

A
Deadlift 3x5
Press 3x5
Lat pulldown 3x8 (until I can do pull ups)
High Pull 3x5
Curl 3x8

B
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x8
Facepull 3x8
Dip 3x8

Also thinking of adding maybe SLDLs and back extension/GHR (one day each) for more posterior work
>>
After 3 months of SL, my lower back/hip started to hurt, and almost stopped after 2 weeks I did not see the doctor yet. Should I stay with SL but focus on my form or move to some other routine?
>>
>>37543949
Just do babbyweight cardio liftan.

One of the best form of cardio around, imo
>>37543976
0/10
Why write your own routine, when you know nothing about programming?

Try hopping on a tried and true program, like ss or greyskull
Fuck the arm isolations, and maybe read practical programming for strength training.
>>
>>37543976
Less accessories, more heavy compounds.
>>
Punpun was fantastic
>>
>>37543996
Normally i would say stick to the peogram, but sl is my least favorite novice routine (besides the meme that is icf, which i dont consider an actual routine)

If you do change programs, stick to a linear program like greyskull, or ss, or reg parks.

The problem isnt the routine, you just have bad form on some or all of the lifts.
>>
>>37544022
>the meme that is icf
*deep mouthbreathing*
Hi Jason Blaha here, i would like to talk to you today about my novice routine, ice cream fitness. Do you want to be jacked and ripped like me? Then do SL with curls, bro.
Gonna get jaaacked
>>
>>37543996
>>37544014
Really? There's ONE isolation movement in the whole program
>>
>>37544055
Replying to >>37544003
And >>37544014
>>
I'm going to a cheap gym. No TVs in front of treadmills, only crappy windows.
What do to not get bored to death while running? I'm not even out of breath but I have to stop at around 30 minutes because I can't take it anymore. Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>37544055
Alright, enjoy progressing on 3x8 babyweight, nigger.

I didnt even mention isolations when talking about that 0/10 routine.

Why are you such a special snowflake that the greatest, most tested novice programs known to us won't work on you?

If you give a good reason, i might help you come up with a decent routine.

Otherwise just do greyskull
>>
>>37544022
Thanks
>>
>>37544088
>2016
>running
Found your problem
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

If you must do cardio, consider barbell complexes
>>
Guys help me out: I (barbell)row more than I deadlift. I do have spondylolisthesis, do you think it is due to this? I row 3x10x100kg and can do diddys 3x3x130kg. How can I improve my diddys?
>>
>>37544090
Here's a thought, I'm not a novice and can't make linear gains anymore

Notice how the big 4 lifts are still 3x5?
>>
>>37544141
We've been through this before. If you weren't a novice, your program wouldn't be so poorly made.
Post 5 rep maxes.
>>
Gained nearly 6 pounds in a month on a bulk (3260 calories). Is that bad? I'm currently 6'0, 153 at 11% body fat.
>>
File: fk.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
fk.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Hey guys, ive lost 60 pounds and im 5'10 @ 165 right now, should i keep cutting even though i look like dogshit?
>pic related
>>
>>37544141
>>37544141
My mistake.

This was formatted as a novice routine, so i thought you were a summerfag.

Why not switch between volume and intensity days?
Sorta like tm?

Weekly progression is ideal anyways

TM p/p/l is what i do.

That routine is still not good, familia.

Have you read practical programming for strength training?
>>
>>37544137
GodDAAAYUM I would like to see a video of those "rows" anon. Deadlifts too, while we're at it.
>>
why does everyone claim here when they started they benched 120 and squat 220 when I literally see everyone at my gym starting less than half of that?

are you people shitting me?
>>
>>37544118
I'm not running for weight loss or heart rate. I'm running because I have to run around 6 miles in about 50 minutes. Not anything extraordinary so I thought it would be a nice touch to implement that in my routine. Never thought that running on a treadmill would be so damn boring.
>>
>>37544160
Gaining weight is never bad, if your bf% is under 15
>>37544169
>>37544169
Yes.

If you are 15% bf or over, you cut.
No exceptions
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs

Cut to 10%, bulk to 15%, then try cutting to 8%
>>
>>37543627
yeah but doesn't that assume proper recovery?
>>
>>37544214
Fat people start high.

I started at 125x5, once i got my form down
>>
i do PPL but I dont have a leg day

Instead I just squat twice a week during one of my Push or Pull days

Am I fucked?
>>
>>37544271
fat doesn't mean more muscle mass, if anything, the opposite really

unless they did labor work in every day life or any other regular activity no way most people start off at 120+
>>
>>37544281
As long as you also deadlift, i guess that is fine.

Basically a fullbody split at that point, though.

I like having a dedicated leg day to not just do deadlift and squat, but also hip thrusts and calf raises, also i like adding in a squat variation or two.
>>
>>37544317
Fatties do push ups, anon..

Shit is basically weighted push ups.

P.s. I had a 6'3 skelly friend bench 145 the first time he touched a barbell.

Was not expecting him to even do 1pl8
>>
>>37544317
Almost every fat noob is stronger than skinnyfat or skelly noobs.

It is no coincidence that powerlifters and strongmen pack on so much fat.

The higher your bodyweight, the bigger your lifts will be.
Endof.
>>
File: vac.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
vac.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
Can I vacuum pose daily or should I have a rest day between sessions?
>>
>>37544260
Well, if you're not getting proper recovery, what are we even talking about? If you're not recovering, you're not progressing, and you will never have to worry about changing your routine, because you will be doing the same thing all day erry day.
The solution is not changing the routine, it's having enough rest and nutrition.
>>
This chick just wants to date and I just want sex? Do I give up or keep pushing until she agrees for sex? Shall I try and trick her into sex? Thanks brehs
>>
Rolling for what I do tomorrow:
>even: Repeat the workout I missed, pushing my whole routine one day
>odd: Do the workout planned for tuesday, missing one day
>>
>>37544421
Do you look like Brad Pitt?
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>>37544400
Daily.
It isnt like you can add weight to vacuums and do your 5rm.

So you arent really going to overtrain that shit.

Plus core musculature has higher levels of strength endurance than most musculature.

I like to do 3-5 dedicated sets of max time one day, then either hanging stomach vacuums, or dumbbell pullover vacuums the next day.

In between training sessions, over the course of the day, i try to maintain breathing vacuums as often as possible (even as i type this).

Granted i have been vacuuming for a while, you might want to start more slowly, just 3 sets a day of 10 second holds, or summat.

This is the only exercise that will give visible and measurable results within 2 weeks.
The gains slow down quick, though

Maybe some kind anon will share artemus dolgin's ebook
>>
>>37544432
That 2 saved your gains
>>
>>37544156
Bench 6x190
Squat 5x270
DL 5x300
OHP 5x130
>>
>>37544187
I should read it.
I like PPL, but not the idea of only working each muscle group once a week. Is there some sort of push/pull that can be run ABA/BAB?
Also I'm on a deficit so TM wouldn't work for me.
But thanks
>>
File: bern vs trump.jpg (130 KB, 560x726) Image search: [Google]
bern vs trump.jpg
130 KB, 560x726
Six day routines?
>>
File: gymnast2.jpg (76 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
gymnast2.jpg
76 KB, 800x532
Posting my question from last thread.

I'm 5'8, 110 lbs. I'm looking to get a gymnast body type (pic related), because I think it's the most aesthetic and healthy. Relative strength without heart complications.

I'm not sure if I should do the greyskull routine+bodyweight exercises, or just one. I've found different stuff that suggest all three options.

http://looklikeanathlete.com/how-to-get-a-gymnast-body/#wrap
>>
>>37544187
Here
>>37544485
sounds like intermediate lifts, for a manlet of 170lb or so.

Hop on a PPL, imo
http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/
>>
>>37544498
PPLPPLx
PPLxPPL
>>
>>37544416
There's a lighter version of SS Mark puts in the book, it basically looks like pic attached only with no lighter squats. He says it's for old people and 'people who can't just get enough sleep/food'. I was just wondering where the line was between just trying to eat more, or switching to this version.
>>
Originally I was just using a note in my phone to track my workouts/weights, leaving notes to catalog each set
Then I moved onto Progression and it was much nicer

Now that I'm moving onto Texas Method, the days vary too much week to week to have two or three days as there are 6 unique workouts for two weeks
Is there a better way than a notepad to track this?
>>
>>37544537
I am the same guy that answered your question last thread.
Imo, just do the novice routine, worry about the calisthenics after your linear progression stalls.

I did calisthenics for a year of nogains before i did my linear program. Failed miserably ay planche progression, but after doing a strength routine, i was able to hold a back lever, a front lever, and do a straddle planche.

Focus on strength training for now.

Incorporate gymnastics when you are intermediate.

I know that isnt the most fun thing to hear.. But it is going to be worth it, once you have done your due diligence and put your months and months of 3x5s in
>>
File: ss10.jpg (136 KB, 900x613) Image search: [Google]
ss10.jpg
136 KB, 900x613
>>37544548
I've done PPL before and didn't like it as much. Was hoping for one of the big lifts per day and a day for accessories.
>>
>>37544610
>brosplit
That frequency, tho..
>>
i want to add dips and chins to my SS routine

what day makes sense to incorp without ruining my upper body main lifts?
>>
>>37544582

Thank you very much. My family and friends have been very against me wanting to get fit. Your advice is really appreciated.
>>
>>37544610
You can do 5/3/1, it works as you said, but 4 day
>>
>>37544621
Read the book
>>
Why is zyzz loved so much on here? Was he everyone's body goal or something?
>>
Been kind of /fit/ about 2 years ago, but then I let myself become lazy and fat. Also, new uni routine sucks, so I've got zero motivation to start all over again. How do I gain motivation to get healthy, fit and shit?
>>
File: 1448232385169.jpg (179 KB, 1023x703) Image search: [Google]
1448232385169.jpg
179 KB, 1023x703
>>37544552
That's exactly what's under advanced novice in the picture I attached, ya dingus. See:>>37543627
I don't remember anything about "people who can't just get enough sleep/food", and can't be arsed to look it up right now, but if you're not eating 500kcal above maintenance, then start eating 500kcal above maintenance. If you can't sleep enough, chances are the best you'll be able to achieve is maintenance, whether or not you make the switch.

But that's just my two cents.

>>37544578
Excel?
>>
>>37544675
Newfag.
You cant understand.

He was inspiration to wow nerds everywhere.
Most of this board is sadcunts, salty dyels, and crabs ina bucket.

Zyzz legitimately wanted you to mkae it. To understand through first hand experience, that all women are whores.

Zyzz wouldnt post in fat people hate.
He doesnt hate sad cunts. He wants them to become sick cunts.

He wants us all to make it, brah.

If you close your eyes, you can feel the spirit of zyzz, still. Yearning for you to make it.

W-we're all gonna make it, brah
>>
File: barrel kin.jpg (151 KB, 702x960) Image search: [Google]
barrel kin.jpg
151 KB, 702x960
>>37544626
I'm doing 5/3/1 right now and love it. However, I have 0 social life and enjoy going to the gym. I've been doing random stuff on Wednesdays and form practice on Sundays. I wanted to know if there was something like 5/3/1 with two accessory days or another lift, like rows added in.
>>
>>37544693
Motivation is fleeting, as you now well know.

Cultivate discipline
>>
>>37544736
Do barbell complexes for cardio.
It is what i do when i am bored.
>>
>>37544736
Check out the Simplest Strength template, it's 4 days but adds in front squats, sldl, incline bench, close grip bench with percentages, so you can probably spread it over 6 days

Or better yet do 4 day 5/3/1 and conditioning on 2 extra days
>>
>>37544693
Do you skip brushing your teeth? Of course not or your teeth will rot out.

Exercise is hard and boring. Do it anyway or your entire body will rot away. It's part of maintaining your body in modern society.
>>
>>37544625
Make sure you eat a lot and sleep a lot.
>>
>>37544734
Wait hol up... He actually posted on here? Like a daily user?
>>
>>37544963
Until you are old enough for TRT, but by then you can do roidliftan, just sitting there chasing pumps with 25lb dumbbells.. Who doesnt like that?
>>
>>37544976
He was a tripfag from time to time, yes.

Never posted nearly as consistently as trappychan (because he had a life) but he would meme with the rest of us.

Scooby tripfagged here too, newfag
>>
>>37545010
Dang.. I could only imagine how ape shit this board went when he died.
>>
>>37544757
What are barbell complexes? I Googled, but the answers were vague.

>>37544921
Thanks. I was hoping for fewer exercises per day. I usually only do three exercises max and that gets me in and out in about an hour. (I don't stick to Wendler's rep formula, just the exercises.)

I guess what I'm looking for is what to do on Wednesdays and Sundays.
>>
File: 1465820025514.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1465820025514.gif
912 KB, 240x176
what food is like baked beans calorie and protein wise and just as cheap?
ideally tinned and/or microwaveable
>>
Guys please help my bench is actually getting weaker despite good sleep and 3200 calories a day with decent protein. What can I do?
>>
Just do texas method with some arm accessories, it should help you from that point. Read the book if you want to modify it further.
>>
Should I switch to a wider squat stance if it helps my form, are there any downsides? Will I have to deload at the beginning? Right now my feet are about shoulder width apart
>>
>>37545451
baked beans

>>37545553
stalling (staying the same) requires more volume
regressing (getting weaker) requires less volume

switch to an intermediate/advanced program, depending on whether you're on a beginner or intermediate program now
>>
>>37545596
I'm getting weaker on an intermediate program with periodisation. My 1RM is 90kg, so I shouldn't be stalling at all really.
>>
>>37544702
Yeah I have a spreadsheet for weight calculations, but I miss having something on my phone to easily input how many reps per set assuming I couldn't complete them
>>
how important is upper body for vertical leap training?

I don't mind looking like a trex
>>
Is this schedule okay? Will my muscles not recover well?
1hr workout
1hr workout
Rest day
1hr workout
1hr workout
1hr swim
1hr swim
With an hour of light cycling almost everyday?
>>
How do I into higher vertical jump?
>Inb4 it's 100% genetics, don't ever try to improve
>>
>>37542813
Whenever I Deadlift I feel like my head is about to explode, as If my brain was a other muscle trying to expand and my skull restraints it.
Any help? Is it normal?
>>
Why do people say do LISS while on yohimbine versus HIIT?
>>
>>37546201
Sick brain gain, keep it going bro, you will become smarter by doing it.
>be me
>at uni
>struggling with calc 2
>started doing heavy ass Deadlift
>pass with merit
>banged my hell ass hot calc teacher
>went full trex with the giant head and everything
>>
>>37546201
Are you breathing correctly?
>>
>>37546187
bump
>>
>>37546262
I take a big breath before going up, once I'm on the top I exhale and take another breath before going down.
I got this from one of those fit youtubers not sure if it wrong but I didn't have this problem before 3 pl8s
>>
>>37546201
dont look at the mirror, look at a spot 3-4 metres infront of you on the floor, your neck is probably fucked up
>>
>>37546318
Once I'm on the top, should I keep watching there?
I think next time I will record my form.
>>
>>37546259
Lel
>>
>>37542813
I've been doing
PPxPPLx

On rest days I jog for 30 mins.

I just did a Push day and I was feeling a little weaker and I feel my arm is getting closer to a small injury.

What can I do to keep my schedule but recover faster? Do I just need to sleep/eat more?

If i feel weak one day should I drop in weight or maybe do a light cardio day for a break?

I feel weird taking a day off and enjoy my morning exercise routine. I've been doing this routine since April 1st but I used to do it at night. I recently switched to mornings starting this month.
>>
File: swimming.jpg (2 MB, 4480x2656) Image search: [Google]
swimming.jpg
2 MB, 4480x2656
>>37542813
I have been lifting (PPLrestPPL)
and also swimming everyday. Am i doing too much? one day of weight lifting is about an hour, then i'll swim for an hour.

Yes I eat accordingly. I used to eat less when All i did was lift alone. And now eat more since I am swimming.
>>
My grip strength is the limiting factor of my deadlift. How do I improve this ?
>>
>>37542813
why do the bench bars at my gym have knurling in the center?
>>
I'm doing ICF 5X5. What do I do if I can't do the full 5 reps when trying to add weight to the bar.

Last workout I completed my reps on OHP. Put 5 more lbs on the bar. Couldn't do all the reps. Did 5,4,3,3,2. Do I drop weight if I fail reps? Or just keep lifting with that weight? What about next workout?
>>
File: 1455064085205.jpg (134 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
1455064085205.jpg
134 KB, 764x764
>>37542813
Is my form okay on these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V16o2_elpVs&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtMYbbQVZo&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZEvc-kat4&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>37546483

Knurling in the center means that bar is supposed to be used for squats. So it grips your back better.
>>
File: image.jpg (831 KB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
831 KB, 3024x3024
How do you psych yourself up for 6am workouts?

Personally I am looking forward to the coffee shits before lifting.
>>
>>37545125
>What are barbell complexes
Take a babyweight barbell (i use 95lb)
Deadlift it 15 times, then row it 15 times, then hang clean it 15 times, then split jerk it 15 times, then do jumping back squats with it to failure, then get on the ground and do push ups to failure. At least that is the complex i do. I add shrugs in when i start to get tired.

No rest between exercises or reps.
Cardio as fuck with a barbell (to guaruntee it is fully anaerobic).

Each complex counts as a set. Rest for 3x the duration of the set (usually i do 2 mins lifting, 6 minutes rest)
5 sets is generally more than plenty.

You can do whatever exercises you like. High pulls are neat.you could do full cleans...
>>
>>37545916
Not at all.

Do plyometrics, heavy squat(both front and back) heavy hip thrust, and jumping back squats
>>
>>37546574
>>37546574
I dont do such foolish things, as wake up before 7
>>37546538
Lift the same weight for all reps, then add more.

If you lift all 5 reps the first set, it means you arent resting long enough between sets.

I dont care how long you rest.
Not long enough
>>
>>37546549
Huge amounts of buttwink.

Work on maintaining lumbar neutrality at the bottom of the squat.

I think part of the issue might be with bracing your core. Work on that.

Your bench is passable, if your glutes are on the bench. Just focus on cleaning up that bar path, and really driving your back into the bench (you arent lifting the bar, you are pressing the bar and the bench away from each other).
Other than bar path is totally fine.

Hard to tell for sure, but looks like too much lumbar flexion on deadlift.

Post a better angle where we can see your spine.
>>
Hey /fit/ I can't grip tbe bar on a deadlift properly. The way I gtip ends up tearing my calluses and after some research I've read that its supposed to sit on the calluses. I can't seem to grip it like that. Any advice?
>>
So I don't really understand heart rate and burning calories.

If I keep my heart rate above like 150, even between runs, am I still burning the same amount of calories I'd burn if I were to be exercising the entire time? I'm pretty unfit so I walk a lot while running, but it feels my heartrate is still pretty fast while walking.
>>
>>37542813
is it better to do neutral grips when doing pullups if i really want to focus on my lats?
>>
if i jerk off too much, why will this fuck up my gains?
>>
>>37547013
Chin up for lats
Neutral are second best.

I prefer neutral as they hit your brachioradialis more and such
>>
>>37546908
Git gud.
>>37547003
You best cut out that aerobic no sense if you know what is good for you.
Anaerobic or bust.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
Hill sprints and barbell complexes for life.
>>
Lmao just realised I can get more carbs from 2 slices of bread than 50g of oats. Looks like I won't buy oats anymore.

Also, is whey cheapest for protein or are egg whites cheaper?
>>
>>37544225
It also fucks your joints up, and fucks your cortisol levels.

It basically turns you into a skinnyfat dyel

If you want to tun, do sprints instead. Shit is anaerobic
>>
I lift 7 days a week tell me how bad that is for me
>>
>>37546470
It also was for mine. Kept going up with mixed grip.
Also when finishing my sets for Deadlift I did a few extra reps with a lighter weight and normal grip making sure to hold the bar for about 20-40 seconds eventually my grip strength matched my Deadlift weight.
I also hung once or twice days per week with "one arm" from the pullup bar. (I started with two hands and then I started to remove fingers from one hand until I got to using only one hand).
This worked for me, might not be the most efficient way to do it but at least it was effective.
>>
I'm looking fucking great physically but my back is covered in acne and shit. How fix?
>>
>>37547495
You'll be constantly more run down than you should be and make suboptimal gains, as well as being more prone to injury from fatigue
>>
How much weight should I start with on deadlift if I've never done it before? I'm intermediate in other strength standards
>>
>>37547530
Try 100, just to be safe and practice your form
>>
>>37547444
Bottom line is I wanna be able to walk up hills, stairs, shit even hold conversation while walking, without running out of breath.

I also wanna run 2 miles in 14 minutes. Will sprinting help me achieve these goals?

I tried ending my run with a ~150 m sprint actually.
>>
>>37547422
thanks based anon
>>
>>37544090
>>37544156
Tell me what's wrong with it then.

I'll tell you what I think is right when deciding on it:
-Small selection of effective lifts (pretty much everything Jim Wendler named as the staple lifts of any good program - including curls as the only iso)
-Heavy compounds making up most of the work, not sweating too much on the assistance
-ABA BAB schedule for frequency: everything is worked 3x/2weeks as opposed to only once a week
>>
I heard that keeping the temperature low on the thermostat so that you're cold is good for cutting because your body exerts extra calories to warm itself up. Is that real or just a meme?
>>
>>37547927
It's true, but I don't know the extent to which those calories burned will help
Scientifically speaking tho your body does expend more energy to keep you warm
>>
Someone suggested 'starting calestinics' or whatever the shit, Im a poorfag that cant afford a gym membership and lost all of his gains. two possible 9/10's are starting to look my way and I'd like to get in a reasonable shape to fuck with them.

So I ask for a routine or a proper link to said routine because fuck if I can find it. I need my chest back how do I get my chest back. Help me brehs.
>>
File: lateralpelvictilt.jpg (14 KB, 430x284) Image search: [Google]
lateralpelvictilt.jpg
14 KB, 430x284
How bad is it to lift (esp. Squats/deadlidts) with a lateral pelvic tilt? My right hip is lower than my left.
>>
>>37548563
Btw I've been lifting for quite awhile, though admittedly my weights aren't high, I've just only found out about this issue.
>>
>>37547927
It helps, but it's essentially a nominal amount, not going to make a big difference.

Thermogenics really doesn't help much unless you're out in cold weather for long periods of time, or in cold water for long periods of time.

Drinking cold water is better, although it's still fairly nominal. If you drink 64 ounces of ice water a day, you'll burn 70 calories.
>>
>>37548505
startbodyweight.com

>>37548563
I've got a similar problem. Most important thing, if something hurts, don't do it.

I've found not using clips on my squats help. I can't lift as high weight, but it helps my body correct itself and keep the bar path at a proper angle. If I have clips on, one side gets overloaded and sinks
>>
i put a frozen banana in my cottage cheese should i wait for it to thaw or pop it in the microwave
>>
Gonna miss 2 workouts this week due to trip. What are some exercises I can do with body weight to at least do something, working on strength and something that can workout what squat, bench, ohp, dl, row would.
I know I can do pushups, squats with gf on my back, dunno what else.
>>
>>37548593
No clips as in to force yourself to keep better balance?
>>
CARDIO ON MY REST DAYS YES OR NO
I want definitive answers with sources on whether or not this will help, kill, or do nothing to my gains.
>>
does-doing front hand springs build any strength at all once you got them down? does it at least maintain some sort of strength? i mean non-front handspring strength kind of strength

Is it unlikely for a 160 pounder to build muscle doing calisthenics? I understand the overload principle but how do I do this with bodyweight? cant be done or what?
>>
I've been bodybuilding (aesthetics) for about a year. I went from skinny to muscular enough to get mired regularly.

I've recently lost motivation to go to the gym, probably because I'm cutting currently and am not feeling accomplished without being able to put on muscle and improve my lifts. I used to go to the gym 7 days a week but now go twice a week.

I want to start going regularly again but my full time job requires me to be on my feet the whole day and tires me out.
I was wondering if going to the gym and working 2 body parts a day would be beneficial. Instead of doing a body part a day for an hour a day I could do 2 body parts a day for 2 hours. Would this be ok as long as one of the body parts is pull and the other is push? I'm worried that my muscles might not be able to recover fast enough for it to do any good but seeing as how I'm cutting I'm only trying to maintain muscle mass instead of growing.

Natty.
>>
>>37549261
>CARDIO ON MY REST DAYS YES OR NO
Are you cutting? If yes, then yes. If no then maybe.

>will help, kill, or do nothing to my gains.
It will kill gains but as long as you're drinking your BCAAs, eating properly, and continuing weight lifting, it shouldn't be bad. Worst case, you'll lose some muscle mass, best case, your lifts will not increase nor decrease.

>sources
4chan.org/fit/
>>
>>37549513
Yeah honestly if you hit a muscle 2x/week you're not going to lose it. I believe in a PSMF diet you only lift 2x/week so it should be fine
>>
>>37542813
How fucked am I if I was a hard core cross country runner back in high school and early adult? I'm trying to get my calves to grow and my quads to grow but it's been a bitch.
>>
I'm sacrificing a few hours sleep the next couple of nights in order to progressively wake up early in the morning to be able to get up before noon.
Should I just expect a shit workout Wednesday given I'll have slept 4-6 hours last night and tonight?
>>
>>37546187
Plyometrics.
Heavy back squat
Heavy front squat
Heavy hip thrust
Heavy deadlift.

Train for max strength for a year or so, then switch to explosivity based training.
Plyometrics.
Jumping back squats
Olympic lifts (you should start practicig these from day one, but wait until you have strengh before making them a focal point)
More plyometrics

After that any progress you make will be minimal.
>>
>>37549698
Consider skipping this one.
Extra rest days are useful sometimes.

Just dont skip two in a row ever. Or you are not gonna make it.

Better to rest and get stronger, than to lift weights that wont progressively overload the muscles, imo
>>
>>37546549
looks like you're giving up form while coming down from the deadlift. That is bad
>>
Would it be OK if I did SS on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays given I sleep and eat enough?
What would be the potential drawbacks?

The reason for that schedule is that I have rowing practice on other days
>>
>>37550118

After a few weeks, the Friday sessions will be killing you.
>>
>>37550130
Well, that seems OK, the schedule is bound to change in 2 months
>>
three sets of pull ups to fatigue, alternating hand facing ways, every night combined with a good diet, will this make me some nice easy gains?
>>
Started lifting recently and my whey just arrived. Do I drink my shake during the day or before/after a workout? And do I drink it on restdays?
>>
>>37542956
>i'm already skinny
>bellyfat gynofat
One of these isn't true
>>
>>37550630
Whey is food. You use it to get the protein levels you need to, in a convinient and cheaper way.

Thus, if your protein macro goal hasn't been reached yet, you drink a whey shake to reach your goal, if you went to the gym that day or not will not alter your protein goal, so you drink it whenever you need a help reaching your goal.

Theres also a lot of ways in which you can use way, including making homemade protein bars and cookies for convinient, healthy snacks.

This will require you to count calories.
>>
What's good 3 day routine for a permacut who's all stalled on SS/linear progression?

Don't care if it's full body, ppl, brosplit, etc. but please give me a specific routine
>>
>>37542813
Can you do isolation exercises with 3x5 and progressively overloading every time you succeed?
>>
>>37550788

yes you can but you might risk form (e.g. curls) or even injury (e.g. side raises)
>>
>>37550740
If you're cutting you will stall on whatever program you are on. Your body builds muscle really slowly (if at all) on a caloric deficit.
>>
>>37546574
I find that turning on some music first thing as I wake up (while still half asleep too lazy to get up) really wakes and psyches me up well.

Also doing things the night before like preparing your workout clothes, workout drink etc. tends to be motivating. Not only are you driven by the fact that those items are 'waiting' for you, but also it takes away the slight mental stress/exhaustion of doing mundane shit like finding a shirt to wear when you're barely awake.
>>
is training legs once a week for strength a good way to just maintain? I don't want to add mass to my thighs, I've got thin calves and it's looking rather goofy at this point.
>>
How the fuck do I eat oats? I found some very cheap oats that have been rolled then steel cut. I've never eaten oats so have no idea.

I want to eat about 200g daily. How to do this?
>>
>>37550921
you can use them in a shake,by blending them to fine dust before adding milk and protein, or whatever, or you can cook them in water to make oatmeal, or you can eat them raw with milk, or cook them with milk, or make oat cookies, pancakes, etc etc
>>
>>37550921
Oats + water/milk > microwave for 1-2 mins
Add some chopped fruit, coconut oil,flax whatever
>>37550412
You could do 5 sets every other day. Your muscles build up when you allow em to rest and recover
>>37549657
Eat right, rest well at night, train hard
>>37549374
Convict conditioning has some nice progressions for body weight stuff
>>37548723
Pull-ups, pike push-ups, box jumps
>>
File: 1464325291048.jpg (112 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464325291048.jpg
112 KB, 1080x1080
are 2-3 hour workouts bad?
working out 3 days a week btw
>>
>>37550970
Definitely not intense enough if you can go more than 1 hour
>>
how long would it take me to reach these numbers on 5x5 assuming perfect diet 6/7 days a week and good sleep?
Squat 70 > 120kg
Bench 50 > 90kg
Deadlift 110 > 175kg
Ohp 32 > 60 kg

Is it even possible on a linear progression program or will I have to switch to something intermediate?
I'm 5'9, 74kg, 20 years old
>>
>>37550948
>>37550968
Thanks. Is this ok for steel cut too?
Are they easy enough to eat after being in microwave for a couple mins even though they are not porridge oats?

What is a good ratio for water/milk with 200g?
>>
>>37550993
Don't think about a time because that's how you get bored with lifting because you want it now. A few months ideally but it could take maybe 6.

I am also 5'9, 74kg but 19 years old and have a 140kg squat max and 70kg OHP max. If you find that you get nowhere with 5x5 or don't like it then don't be afraid to try something else like Greg Nuckols beginner programs. I could not get past 100kg 1RM squat on 5x5 but as soon as I tried a different style of training, my lifts massively improved.
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
On fitsticky I found this template for the GSLP. When and how much weight do I add to the exercises that are 3x10 (dips, lateral raises and curls)? Do I act the same as upper body main lifts (+1 kg each workout, never adding 2 kg because I won't do more than 10)? Won't I stall a lot?
>>
>>37551058
Also would It be ok to switch chinups with pullups since pullup hit the back more and there are no other back exercises apart from dlift?
>>
>>37550993
>5'9
>74kg
>benching 50kg and OHP 32kg
Not saying you need to hop on a PPL routine and skipping L all the time, but you are going towards t-rex mode with your upper body lifts lagging like that.
>>
>>37551058
>doing anything to failure
dropped
>>
File: 1465876442974.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1465876442974.gif
2 MB, 540x304
So I had this delayed muscle tiredness thing going on from my last workout a few days ago but I decided to try and do my routine anyway
long story short I barely finished half the routine, I'd go down slow but my muscles wouldn't push back up and this went on for the whole thing.
Am I supposed to rest a few more days when my muscles are still tired or just keep trying to power through?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 587x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 587x505
Cunnrently at 25.7% bf fat, 5'9" and 203. Should I bulk at 20% or 15%?
>>
Do you generally pee more often when you're losing weight or is that a myth? Genuinely curious
>>
>>37551227
Or just excrete more in general
>>
>>37551058
the GS book says weighted chinups are better because you can use more weight. also the number of pullups you do will always be less than chinups, so when you get better at chinups, your pullups get better as well.

you dont increase weight on the plugins every workout, you increase weight when you can do more reps than required, by 2.5 lb. the fit version of GS is different from what i usually see, which is 2x6-8 for chins and rows
>>
I'm worried that my legs are progressing much faster than my upper body. I already had reasonably strong legs from a few years of skating, but my arms a fucken pathetic. All my gains have been in my forearms, so I feel like I'm going popeye trex mode.

Been doing SS for 2 months. Stats are from first day until now:

Squat: 57.5 - 82.5kg
Deadlift - 60 - 85kg
Bench: 37.5 - 50kg
OHP: 30 - 37.5kg

At the end of sets I throw in some assisted dips and inverted rows. I try to punch out 2-3 sets of 8 chin ups when I'm at home.

Anything else I should be doing to avoid trex mode? Maybe ease up on the squats?
>>
File: Reg Park.png (295 KB, 1178x679) Image search: [Google]
Reg Park.png
295 KB, 1178x679
Going to start running Reg Park's next week after 3 months of shitty, self programming and was wondering if it is feasible to add 2x8-12 hyper extensions as an accessory at the end of each work out. As i have a weak lower back and feel some extra attention would help. Would this be fine or overkill or be fine?
>>
Do programs like the Vertical Jump Development Bible work in adding to your vertical jump?
>>
File: Bloat.jpg (1 MB, 2339x4710) Image search: [Google]
Bloat.jpg
1 MB, 2339x4710
What can be the cause of a bloated belly (especially underneath the bellybutton)? I'm a tall, skinny dude, but I look 2 months preggo. No, it's not fat, 100%
>>
I'm a fat 5'8" manlet (225lb), I'm cutting and also I've decided to do Couch to 5k. I'm on Week 2. Can I make it? Or will the program eventually be too tough for an obese person and should I do something else?
>>
File: 1452594035390.jpg (13 KB, 480x209) Image search: [Google]
1452594035390.jpg
13 KB, 480x209
>>37551225
15%. Could even go a few percent lower. Below 10% is where it starts to get harder and less practical to lose weight.
>>
I have mediocre to shitty shoulder mobility.
Should I stop pressing overhead until it gets better?
I already stopped benching cause that usually is the n1 culprit.
>>
If I have a bacterial infection or viral infection and its causing me to have a cough and congestion/swelling is it worth it to push through and workout if I'm perfectly fine beside that or should I stay home and rest.

I feel like it's going to kill my gains, I almost went at 5am today but thought better...going to doctor in a bit.
>>
How do you guys measure your caloric and protein intake? The nutrition information is usually on the packaging but it's always for 100 grams or something.

Do you weigh everything you eat?
>>
>>37551301
Plug your stats into something like symmetricstrength.com and see how balanced you are.
But for now just keep going for a few more months. None of your lifts are strong enough to graduate from SS.
>>
File: 1357365664337.jpg (78 KB, 525x537) Image search: [Google]
1357365664337.jpg
78 KB, 525x537
>>37551518
It's just a little illness called "go see a fucking doctor, you imbecile". You should be fine, don't worry about it.

>>37551576
It would probably be better if you did weight training, to be honest. If you start running while being obese, you can easily ruin your joints. Also, if you only do cardio and cutting, you have a good chance of losing a fair amount of muscle along with the fat and ending up Auschwitz mode.
>>
>>37551637
If it's not portioned in the packaging already, yes, weighing us the way to go.
>>
File: 1449676853434.jpg (298 KB, 1898x1346) Image search: [Google]
1449676853434.jpg
298 KB, 1898x1346
>>37551597
What? Is your lack of mobility causing you pain? Are you doing anything to combat it?

>>37551603
An often used rule of thumb is: "If it's only above neck, you're fine."

>>37551637
I guesstimate. It's not perfect, but I would rather do this than weigh everything. At first it might be better to weigh a few things to see how good you are at estimating, but personally, I couldn't be arsed to do it all the time.
>>
>>37551696
I obviously can't do "proper" ohp, I.e. I have slightly extend my back to be able to lock out. I don't have any pain, though my shoulders are cracking and popping.
I've been doing mobility work almost daily, but there is little progress. Which is why I'm asking myself if the pressing isn't cancelling out my mobility work. Even though I always stretch after lifting as well.
>>
Am I wasting my time doing barbell shrugs if I haven't bought? I can barely hold on to 315 and I still don't feel too much of a burn in my traps. Feels more like a grip exercise at this point.
>>
>>37551744
If i haven't bought straps*
>>
I have severe acid reflux and always wake up several times each night, however I still get 7-8 hours total sleep. Will my gains still be ruined or is it the quantity that matters?
>>
How flat does being in a caloric deficit actually make you look?

I thought I didn't have that much muscle after cutting for 3 months, but I started eating at maintenance a few days ago and holy fuck I look much bigger.
>>
>>37552339
Depends how steep the deficit is, what time of day it is, and if you're doing low carb or low fat
>>
>>37552348
I was flat practically all the time, quite low carb diet.
>>
>>37551754
It helps with grip strength for sure
>>
>>37552367
Thats Natty lyfe
>>
>>37552367
It's mainly the lack of carbs I'd imagine, I normally cut moderately and with high carbs, and I look pretty much the same
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 869x1092) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 869x1092
Say I'm on an LP program.

If I get all my reps on the 3x5 of squats, but it was a huge fucking struggle, would it be a good idea to stick with the weight for the next workout until it becomes smooth, and then move up?

Cause yesterday I did 220 3x5 for squats and the last reps felt terrible, and had some lower back rounding too. I mean I got all the reps but fuck was it difficult. So good idea to stick with the weight and move up the next next workout?
>>
When you add weight to dips and chinups do you hang it from the front or the back?
>>
>>37546595
>>37545125
This, complexes are goat tier. I did a complex of snatch grip deadlifts, rows, power cleans, front squats, press, back squat, push press for 4 rounds of 8. absolutely demolished me.

>>37545553
>>37545613
increase carb intake before the gym, also, prioritize bench press on the days you bench (e.g. do it as your first lift). failing that, you might have to deload and just work back up. How many times have you stalled?

>>37545916
Are you an athlete?

>>37546116
you didnt specify what you are training on those days so we have no way of knowing...

>>37546378
>If i feel weak one day should I drop in weight or maybe do a light cardio day for a break?
everyone has off days, just power through them and try to finish as much as possible.

>>37546470
switch to mixed grip, farmer walks, static holds. You could use straps if you dont plan on competing.

>>37547530
>I'm intermediate in other strength standards
How much do you squat?

>>37550970
Dont listen to this guy >>37550982. I do 3x a week, and my workouts are pretty regularly close to 2 hours.
What does your routine look like?

>>37551225
15%

>>37552254
that is kind of shitty in general, but sleep is when your body is able to do most of its repairing.
>>
>>37551013
Thanks!
I just needed to set realistic goals for myself.
>>37551138
Yeah upper body is weak sauce. I've added close grip and paused bench as accessory, do chinups on off days.
>>
>>37552531
>If I get all my reps on the 3x5 of squats, but it was a huge fucking struggle, would it be a good idea to stick with the weight for the next workout until it becomes smooth, and then move up?
no, keep moving up. eat more. motivate yourself moar before your next squats.
>>
So I've managed to injure my forearm and now can't do most of the exercises effectively. Moreover, it hurts even when I rest and don't use the muscle now. How to restore it as fast as possible? I don't want to skip my workouts and lose all the gains
>>
I've never lifted in my life and i'm buying a barbell set.

Is a 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs) increment too much or should i also buy plates smaller than 1.25 kg?
>>
I'm about to be joining the Army as a 68W, and I would like to know:

What's the best exercises to help build enough strength to heft 300 pounds of man+gear on my shoulders?

I've been picking up fuckhuge sacks of flour to help, but it's just weird. What exercises would promote growth?

captcha: select the breads
>>
>>37552823
Are you talking about heaving it up unto your shoulders?
power cleans
deadlifts
farmer carries
>>
Can you guys check my form please? https://youtu.be/FHf3YSvzSt0
>>
>>37552839
Yeah. I need to be able to fireman carry a wounded individual around a hundred meters or so.

Weight tends to be from 225-300 because of the bulk of servicemen +added gear.

Thanks!
>>
Looking to make some cardio gains on the side. Running is no longer an option due to previous skateboarding injuries. Which will provide more benefit; the stair master thing, or the stationary bike? Willing to try any other forms of cardio as well. Including weekly/bimonthly hikes when time allows for it too.
>>
>>37552840
actually pretty good.
take your shoes off for more stability.
You could also start with your hips higher, that way you are not wasting any energy by making them rise first.
>>
>>37552531
If your form broke down then yes repeat the weight.
If it was just "really hard" then add weight.

Keep in mind though that progress is measured in years, not weeks. Don't kill yourself for short term gain.
>>
>>37553099
Here's a video of my last set
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fyxS1WOb44w

Form breakdown wasn't crazy bad but you can see my lower back rounded on the last rep.

This enough breakdown to warrant a week of not moving up?
>>
File: cbt140616.png (140 KB, 250x451) Image search: [Google]
cbt140616.png
140 KB, 250x451
Pic related is me, I'm 29, 5'11'' x 163 lbs.

My stats are good but I lack muscle so I look like total shit. I'm aware of this but I know too that muscle can't be built without a surplus and the whole body-recomp (eat at maintenance and lift will make you lose weight and gain muscle) is shady as fuck and not really scientifically proven. So I'm aiming to lose weight first and then build up muscle from there with caloric surplus.

Since I'm 163 today and look this shitty, what weight do you think should I aim before stopping cutting and start going at surplus? (I'll put 15 days - a month of maintenance before, not a sudden change)
>>
>>37553253
You cant really estimate a proper timeframe.

I would suggest cutting at a daily 500 caloric deficit everyday while doing a fbw workout 3 times daily. Just add some accessories
>>
>>37553181
That doesn't look terrible desu
But if you felt your back round then it don't kill your gains to not increase for a week
>>
>>37552531
>overarched back
>core not properly braced

Do calve raises help with squats or deads?
>>
File: weightgraph140616.png (109 KB, 453x805) Image search: [Google]
weightgraph140616.png
109 KB, 453x805
>>37553305
I have been doing keto and IF 23/1 since late may and it's paying off, even if maybe I'm eating a little too less. I must say keto seems to work pretty good but I can't honestly live long periods without pizza pasta and bread. So I'm trying to push things down faster to be over with.

I realize I can't ask for a time frame but more like how much weight do you think should I shred off before going down too much. Keep in mind that right now, before of keto, I'm glycogen-depleted, so I have to aim a little lower to take in account the weight gain back when I eat carbs again. I was thinking between 150-154 lbs, but I realize that looks almost scary on a 5'11'' frame.
>>
>>37553253
God dude I'm 158, close to 163. How the fuck is your belly so huge yet you weigh so little. Is the rest of your body skinny as shit or is your body just not dense
>>
>>37553450
It seems I carry a lot of weight around the midsection, my family is like this too. I think I am reasonably skinny in other areas, like if I do face pulls I perfectly see my rear delts. But I'm thrilled to see what happens once I go further down.
>>
>>37542813
do oly lifters alternate the foward leg on the clean and jerk? or do they spend time training both?
>>
>>37553401
All very good points.

First of all.. the picture you took from the side is quite unreliable. Are you flexing or letting your gut flow out? That distorts things.

The smartest way to go about this would be to remain in caloric deficit and keto until you begin to see somewhat clear lines of your upper abs. Then you can bulk.
>>
File: cbt140616.png (3 MB, 1343x1538) Image search: [Google]
cbt140616.png
3 MB, 1343x1538
>>37553542
I just snapped these pics for ya. I'm totally relaxed with no flex at all. You can see from the front how big the love handles are. I definitely have a good chunk of fat to work on.

The abs thing is pretty smart, I like it. Should I wait for just the 2 upper "squares" to be seen while flexing?
>>
I'm doing SL. Is it possible to squat less somehow? My legs are always very tired, even after resting (and also I do not want to become a TRex). Would it be possible to alternate Squats and DL? So workout A would be something like:

Squat
Bench
OHP

and B:

DL
Rows

And then maybe on B I can add some other exercises like curls etc.? Would this be stupid or not?

I like the look of ICF but I don't have enough time for the entire program.
>>
>>37553711
do greyskull LP
>>
>>37553741
why
>>
File: 1460476297464.jpg (103 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460476297464.jpg
103 KB, 1080x1080
I've eaten 1291 calories today but only 36g of protein, my limit is 2000 calories and I'm going for 80g of protein a day.

What can I eat to get the remaining 44 grams without going over 2000 calories?
>>
How do you progress on isolation lifts? Compounds are simple in that you just add weight each time, but clearly you can't do that with isolation exercises. So how do I improve?
>>
>>37553786
You add more weight. And if they're similar to your compound movements, they'll improve as your compound movements get better.
>>
>>37553779
Egg whites
>>
>>37553711
Do SS instead. You're only squatting 3x5 on it.

If you don't want to switch to SS, then
A:
Squat
Bench
Chin-ups

B:
DL
OHP
Rows

Though this isn't an optimal routine by any means.
>>
>>37553800
I find I can't increase in weight like I do for compounds. Do I just smash them out until I feel I can go up?
>>
I'm having trouble keeping my non-dominant forearm equal size with my dominant. The difference in size is ~1/2 inch. Should I just add more reps when I'm isolating that area and use my left arm more or not sweat it too much? I don't have as significant of a difference in my upper arms.
>>
>>37553900
Just try the new weight every time and if you miss a rep you do another set of your previous weight after some rest.

For example:
20kg curls for 8 reps are the goal.
You manage to do 7 reps and then fail.
You rest.
You go down to 18kg and perform 8 reps.
>>
>>37553923
Fap with your non-dominant arm.
>>
>>37544317
I hit 325 squat after 2 and a half months and I was a fatty
>>
How do I tell if pain is DOMS or an injury? I have some discomfort in my lower back (I'm not sure of the technical term, but the area is on each side of the spine i.e. to the left and to the right of it). It feels like it's a muscle as I can feel the area moving when I walk if I palce my fingers on it.

I did Rows in my last workout for what its worth.

Also, when I was squatting, when I was really pushing it for last reps etc. I could feel some pressure on my back, as if I was pushing from there as well as my legs. I assume this is incorrect?
>>
>>37553786
Isolations will obviously improve slower than compounds. Still go for progression, but you may want to progress reps in sets before increasing weights.
In addition, know that your performance will not be as consistent because of varying levels of fatigue from the compounds you should be doing before the isolations. So while you should aim for progression, some days you will not be able to perform as well as the last because you may be more fatigued from harder compound sets

>>37553779
So 709 calories left
44 g protein = only 176 calories
Should be easy to get the protein whilst staying within calorie limits

So is your question really just, what are high protein foods? Because you can google that shit or use common sense like meat & dairy

>>37553711
>turning down gains
Taper down to 3x5 squats if you want, as SL indicates you should after progress slows

You could also consider a greyskull type template if you want to reduce squat frequency

>>37553515
If you are training purely for weightlifting, there is no reason to practice both feet. These athletes pick a technique and stick to it

If you are just fucking around, you can practice both if you want and also use power jerks, etc

>>37552881
Anything that gets you moving
Stairs tend to be harder than bikes

Specificity is what works for endurance though

>>37552840
Get the bar closer to you before lifting. Every time you pick up the bar, the bar moves back towards you before taking it's vertical path up. Correct this before pulling
You could try starting with higher hips too, shooting up a little bit
Your feet are moving around all over the place, is it the shoes?
Squeeze glutes at the top
Is that even a standard height? Mats look a little high

Lastly, something that's hard to see is if you are correctly loading hamstrings. An easy way to test this is (with paused deadlift) to pause off the ground and feel if there is tension in your hamstrings or if your back is just doing all of the work.
>>
Why is my lower back sometimes getting blasted when I do leg day? I can barely walk since it's so sore.

It's happened twice so far. Once a couple weeks ago, and once today. Last time, I only did squats, but today, it happened when I was doing the leg press, post squat, so I wouldn't think it's a form problem, since leg press basically removes the back from the equation.

Basically, I was feeling strong, so I hit a new 5 rep PR, then drop set until 60kg. Then I moved onto the leg press, and drop set that from my max 8 rep. Half way through, my lower back was getting really sore. Once I'd finished, even moving was painful. It went after 10 - 15 minutes, but I'd rather it stopped happening.
>>
File: 1465923850766.jpg (16 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465923850766.jpg
16 KB, 480x270
(Probably a stupid question)

Could someone please tell me the pros/cons of:

More reps vs. fewer reps done slower (assuming that I can keep form through both).
>>
>>37554093
the sticky can you lazy fuck
>>
how do I know while doing bentover rows that I'm doing it correctly?
>>
>>37551157
Not knowing what AMRAP means
How's summer coming along friend
>>
>>37554103
Which one and where?

I've read both and read most of fitsticky.com.
>>
Will I make no progress as a skinnyfat guy and eating at a slight cut or basic maintenance? Do I have to bulk first?

Really just tired of having love handles and a soft chest
>>
>>37554149
Slower / heavier reps = more strength
Faster / more reps = more mass
>>
>>37554041
When did it start? Have you considered stretching?

>>37553923
>isolating forearms
If you'er a noob it'll go away on its own

>>37552840
>>37554050
In addition, I'm not a fan of wrenching the head/neck upwards like that. I like to keep it neutral and even tuck the chin a bit
If it works for you, it works for you (and it does work for many). Just be aware of this

>>37552786
1.25 kg as the smallest is perfectly fine. People deal with worse than this

>>37552772
Figure out why/how it's hurt and fix that accordingly
I hear doctors know their stuff

>>37552597
Should settle in your centre of gravity either way
Assuming you're talking a weight belt, I let it hang it front

>>37553326
They can help with stability, but very minimally. Like not even worth thinking about

>>37551744
Shrugs aare shit tier exercise for beginners especially
The traps have more function than just shrugging upwards

>>37551597
Warm up properly and use good technique and you should be good to go

I would bet a lot that at least one of your warmup or technique are total shit

Do shoulder dislocations before, in addition to the rest of your warmup

>>37551360
Too much lower back stress with that added
You are already doing heavy squats each day, deadlifts on B and rows on A

Let your lifts get stronger and then you will realize even this stress is too much to maintain

>>37551301
YNDTP
>hurr SS durr
Read the fucking book

>>37551227
It's proportional to intake

>>37551196
Read the sticky
Are you eating and sleeping properly?

>>37550788
No reason to keep isolations lower than 8 reps

>>37550630
>falling for the supplement meme
You don't NEED whey at all. IIFYM

>>37550118
No
Read the fucking book
Gains are made whilst resting from work, not just working itself

>>37547518
Shower often. Clean, rinse and dry.
Go to a dermatologist
>>
>>37554247
Most appreciated.
>>
>>37554067
Shit form
Tight muscles

Fix form
Stretch

>>37554126
You are leading with your elbows, getting a good squeeze in your back, controlling the weight downwards rather than letting it pull your arms off and not cheating the weight with your back/hips. Rows are the easiest exercise to cheat for higher weight

As with most exercises, a lighter weight variation with some form of a pause can help enforce good technique. In this case, pause at the top with your back squeezed as hard as you can.

>>37554151
If you're lifting, you will make some progress.
I see nothing wrong with starting at a slight deficit and then increasing calories to keep progress going.
But as conventional wisdom states, skinnyfats in the true form should not just cut. Rome was not built in a day
>>
>>37554334
Yeah im lifting. Did SS with a bulk for a few months and gained some muscle but also just looked fatter.

Now doing PPL and eating less
>>
am i fucking myself if i am just squatting instead ofhaving a leg day?

Right now I do a PPL without the L. Instead I squat on my push day twice a week
>>
>>37554374
Exactly what I did. Worked fine
>>
>>37551381
bump
>>
>>37553746
because it alternates squats and deadlifts, and its pretty much the exact same as SS
>>
>>37554374
Ayyyyyy did you ask a question a couple of days ago about not having an L day on PPL, and then some anon replied kinda harshly about adding squats to push day?

If so, I'd like to say I'm glad you took my advice
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.