[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TL;DR: >fat >enjoy lifting >Should I actively lose weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pancakecat.png (3 MB, 1185x1026) Image search: [Google]
pancakecat.png
3 MB, 1185x1026
TL;DR:
>fat
>enjoy lifting
>Should I actively lose weight or keep lifting?

I'm fat right now, by far the heaviest I've ever been. I'm 5'10" / 1.78 meters and I just weighed in today at 240lbs (108.8kg / 17 stone). I've gone to the gym for the past two and a half weeks.

My goal body type is more like bear mode, though I wouldn't be opposed to a leaner more natty bodybuilding type.

I've read the sticky and other sources, but I'm not sure if I should just train and focus on strength or hypertrophy, or if I should make cutting down my body fat a higher priority. My resting heart rate and blood pressure are on the higher side of normal.

If it helps, my lifts are currently:
>Squat - 145lbs/65.8kg 3x5
>Bench - 105lbs/47.6kg 3x5
>Dead - 205lbs/93kg 1x5
>>
>>37537164

Cut down. Even if you want to be big, it'll be easier to bulk up from a less fat state than spend all your time trying to recomp at that size. Healthier as well.
>>
>>37537164
Read the sticky
>>
You don't have to do one or the other. Do both.

But you're currently obese mode so I'd focus on cutting fat with HIIT.
>>
File: 1464120983527.jpg (41 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1464120983527.jpg
41 KB, 400x323
>>37537164
>>
>enjoy lifting
>two and a half weeks

you are obese, you are beyond bear mode. Lose weight
>>
You should cut at least down to 180
bearmode is easily achievable there
>>
>>37537164
kot
>>
>>37537164
You're fat as fuck. Keep lifting and lose at least 40 lbs. 5' 10" and 200 lbs looks like Batman Begins mode, and that's not super lean. You can gain lean mass while cutting since you're a fat beginner. Just keep your protein intake high and lift with intensity.
>>
>>37537181
>>37537238
>>37537248
Thanks, agreed, I'll focus more on losing bodyfat.

>>37537183
HIIT sounds good. Should I couple it with steady state cardio for health and mood, or is that unnecessary?

>>37537345
Gotcha, I was concerned I wouldn't actually make gains if I kept lifting while cutting and if I should just save it for after. That's definitely good news. Thanks.
>>
>steven hawking lifts
>staying fat to keep strength

Cut. I'm 30 kg lighter than you and lift almost twice as much as you (and I'm still retardedly weak)
>>
>>37537164
>>Bench - 105lbs/47.6kg 3x5

You haven't even yet begun to lift.

You have zero muscle to preserve at this point. I'm shocked that that's all you can lift, given your mass.

Your task now is to cut cut cut. Get down to 10-12% BF. Then bulk up to 18% and then cut again. Repeat as much as you want, ending at 18-22% with maximum strength and bear mode unlocked.
>>
>>37537456
Will do.

>>37537487
Agreed, I'm about 2 weeks into it right now. Not feeling great about my lifts, but would like them to get better while losing weight, if possible. Hoping for those newbie gains.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.