[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, an ask does the mask helps in any aspect? It helps during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: brian-mackinze1.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
brian-mackinze1.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
Guys, an ask does the mask helps in any aspect?
It helps during your training? O its just a waste of money?
>>
it helps in making you look like a retard that follows retarded trends
>>
>>37533272
It helps to censor your face so people wouldnt recognize you for the retard you are.
>>
>>37533272
why is he wearing the mask
>>
>>37533283
http://www.trainingmask.com/training-mask-signs-coach-brian-mackenzie/ seems like qn sponsor or something...
>>
>>37533307
>>
NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS
TILL I PUT ON THE MASS
>>
>>37533272
you out yourself as a retarded try hard who trains for things he will never compete in or be good at
>>
>premature optimization is the root of all evil
>>
When I pull it off, will it be painful?
>>
File: deshi deshi.jpg (448 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
deshi deshi.jpg
448 KB, 1632x1224
might as well put on the mask
>>
Make sure to wear it in your cryotank
>>
>>37533272
IT WOULD SURE HURT A LOT
>>
File: HAMON.png (1 MB, 986x706) Image search: [Google]
HAMON.png
1 MB, 986x706
ask jojo
>>
your fault for saying the line wrong
>>
>>37533272
>Guys, an ask does the mask helps in any aspect?
no
>>
>>37533272
It looks like it would be painful to pull the mask off
>>
>>37533479
Understood! Thanks alot!
>>
Idiotic. The reason elevation training works is because the people who live in high elevations are there 24/7. Their lungs adapt to living there all the time. The same doesn't happen with an oxygen deprivation mask unless you wear it 24/7.

Even if it does help (which it doesn't), the effects only last so long. Runners regularly train at high elevations for several months to give them that extra boost for several races. Several races. Why? Because the lungs adapt to lower elevation (more oxygen) after a few weeks.

tl;dr--another training fad that's a waste of money.
>>
>>37533272
It doesn't help at all no matter what. It just makes it harder for you to breath while you work out. If you wore it 24/7 and then took it off when you worked out then it would work.
>>
>>37533272
it helps you look like a retard who has no idea what he's doing
>>
It heps with cardio, not sure about lifting
>>
File: sir.jpg (784 KB, 1350x1417) Image search: [Google]
sir.jpg
784 KB, 1350x1417
>>37533272
Depriving your muscles of oxygen hurts your performance and recovery which is the exact opposite of what you want. It won't bring up your red blood cell count otherwise, might as well be walking around breathing through a straw.
>>
>>37533272

http://www.sidesinspace.com/images/those-workout-oxygen-masks-probably-bullshit/
>>
>potentially fun bane thread
>turns out garbage

summer ruining things again
>>
>>37533582
then why training in an altitude is more effective
>>
>>37533272
By the way I think you meant to say "a question". You 'ask' a question
>>
>>37533669
Ya, sorry.
>>
>>37533567
How It helps? Any source ?
>>
>>37533272
It helps you become a BIG GUY.
>>
>>37533567
it doesn't help with cardio you retard
>>
>>37533567
read
>>37533501

damn you people are stupid
>>
>>37533666
It's already been answered ITT: people who live at higher elevations adapt to the situation. They're there all the time, unlike people who are dumb enough to fall for this fad and only wear it during training.

There's only been one study, ONE FUCKING STUDY, that has shown any improvement in performance by using a hypoxic mask. Even then, the results were statistically insignificant.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16338719
>It is concluded that acute exposure of moderately trained subjects to normobaric hypoxia during a short-term training programme consisting of moderate- to high-intensity intermittent exercise has no enhanced effect on the degree of improvement in either aerobic or anaerobic performance.

Waste of money.
>>
>>37533712
>How It helps? Any source ?
>>37533742
>it doesn't help with cardio you retard
I don't have a source. Just my friend who used one for a long time in every training session and felt it worked (placebo, apparently)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20141023210016-152086582-3-reasons-not-to-wear-a-mma-altitude-training-mask

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/the-truth-about-hypoxic-training-and-oxygen-reducing-masks
>>
>>37533855
>http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/the-truth-about-hypoxic-training-and-oxygen-reducing-masks

>Recent meta-analysis indicates that high-intensity, short-term, and intermittent training is likely the most beneficial way to benefit from hypoxic training.16 If the masks being sold today can simulate the conditions seen in the study above, then there's a good chance we'll see someone figure out how to best use them (obviously the “just wear them when you train” protocol is going to be hit and miss at best).
>>
File: 1429940916139.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1429940916139.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
>>37533272
LMFAO jesus christ what a fucktard. move to high altitude dipshit. all this will do is separate you from your money. life@7,000ft--reporting in!!!
>>
>>37533272
OP, i have never used one or talked to anyone who has used one, but i can assure you that they are worthless. i read so on the internet
>>
>>37533501
>going for a jog doesnt do anything unless you run 24/7
>>
>>37534356
Shitty analogy. Whereas jogging does have adaptive benefits to the body, elevation masks do not unless you wear it 24/7 which is how "elevation training" actually works--you're in a very high elevation 24/7. If you read some of the stuff linked in this thread, you'd know that as links BTFO "hypoxic training".
>>
I was wondering if using a mask like this one could help increase your natural EPO level or if a mask wasn't enough to do so.
>>
>>37533272
it will be harder to do cardio. doing strenght training with this is just retarded, no real benefit in strength. but as i said it might help you when you do cardio workouts, but instead of spending money to look like a retard, and be an actual retard just do cardio harder faggot
>>
>>37533314
Kek
>>
>>37533501
Close enough. It's the blood that changes.not lungs. You're body is low on O2 so it creates more red blood cells. This process can take newly two months btw
>>
just use roids to increase your red blood cells.
>>
>>37534710
Thank you for correcting me.
>>
>>37533283
tell me about bane
>>
Just use a straw
>>
>>37534710
fuck off retard youre wronh
>>
It works lung assistantce muscles and diaprham due to the resistance. It doesnt do anything similar to altitude
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.