[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Story sharing/inspiration thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1434391742849.jpg (556 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1434391742849.jpg
556 KB, 2560x1600
Hey /fit/,

Tell me how did y'all lose weight while getting more muscular?

I need story to inspire myself. Been hitting the gym for a month but only getting bulkier with muscles, not losing fat like I want. So desperate right now.

Pic for your viewing pleasure
>>
S T I C K Y
T T
I I
C C
K K
Y Y
>>
>>37528385
Intermittent fasting is the way to go anon
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 640x464
>>37528385
>be hamplanet 178cm 152kg
>eat shitloads in the evenings while high, not eat during the day
>once while pigging out had a moment of clarity
>I have a brain to control my eating.jpg
>install my fitness pal
>control intake for last 16 months with few breaks for holidays
>workout for last year, mostly fucking around, then brosplit, then 5x5
>lost 53kg, down from 52 to 17%bf
>loose skin everywhere
>muscle everywhere
>start seeing abs through the skin, they feel like solid steel
feels good man

if you don't loose fat, you eat too much.
>>
>>37528717
that's shitty advice, eating schedule does not affect weight loss
what affects it is calories in, calories out
hitting protein macro makes building muscle faster, carbs/fats don't really matter, just eat what feels best. it's a long term process and you need to function and feel comfortable.
>>
File: 1298790963589.jpg (88 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
1298790963589.jpg
88 KB, 500x397
>>37528385
>>
S
S T
S T I
S T I C
S T I C K
S T I C K Y
T I C K Y
I C K Y
C K Y
K Y
Y
>>
I did read the sticky guys. I'm trying my best to go accordingly but the thing is that I'm getting bulkier without leaning down.

That's why I asked if any of you did anything special, not said in the sticky.
>>
Oh yeah, and thanks to those who giving actual advice. I'll try being stricter to myself with the diet stuff. It's just hard to eat less when you have to white rice for every meals like a yellow bastard I am.
>>
Cut your calories and mind your macros.

Calculate your TDEE (many good calculators out there), subtract 500 calories from that, and then eat at a proper diet with protein making up at least 40% of your daily calorie intake. You can play with the fats/carb ratios, whatever works best for you. Personally a higher fat/lower carb diet makes the chub melt off of me.
>>
>>37528385
>be fat since I can remember myself at 300lbs
>that's enough
>buy weights online because don't want to shamefully wobble into a gym
>figure out I need to eat a lot of protein
>eat only meat, fish and high protein dairy products
>somehow end up eating less than TDEE
>lift weights 3 times a week
>lose 10lbs+ a month
that was 2 years ago
I'm so sorry kidneys

I'm not very smart but it worked out in the end
my muscle gains are minimal though because I barely lifted in the past year
I like running more

if it'll make you feel better, haven't seen an ex-fatty with a bad jaw so far, probably eating and chewing shit for eternity does that, so you got the FACE covered once you lose weight.
>>
File: image.png (378 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
378 KB, 1000x1500
>>37529152
it's going to be a struggle sometimes. it's not a sprint, it's a marathon that will take longer then you think. you will hate yourself sometimes, but then remember that you hate the fatso you were before even more
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.