[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does scoliosis affect gains? I think I'm developing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 270px-Blausen_0785_Scoliosis_01.png (197 KB, 270x540) Image search: [Google]
270px-Blausen_0785_Scoliosis_01.png
197 KB, 270x540
How does scoliosis affect gains? I think I'm developing it and I won't tell a doctor, so I'm trying to find ways to balance my back muscles to fix it, but I'm concerned how it will affect my lifts.
>>
>>37526531
You should turn the question around.
Scoliosis is not a joke m8.
>>
>>37527382
???
>>
>>37526531
It would just cause muscles to grow according to the direction your spine is bent, so it affects gains quite a lot.
>>
>>37526531
Go see a damn doctor man, scoliosis is the real life gains goblin
>>
>>37527538
So he can tell me it;s incurable and to deal with it? Not like
>>
Personally I just don't do any lifts that involve the back. Isolationa all day erry day, a full body workout takes me like 2 hours.
>>
>>37526531
hmm. I might have this shit.

oh well
>*goes on lifting as normal*
>>
>>37526531

this is the most american post ive ever seen. You guys really need affordable healthcare. ITS SCOLIOSIS.
>>
>>37527550

how old are you? Its somewhat curable if you are just developing it
>>
>>37527665
>>
File: 1464007742737.png (1 MB, 920x614) Image search: [Google]
1464007742737.png
1 MB, 920x614
>>37527673
>>37526531
you don't "develop" it this late in age. it happens when youre young and already having a curve and it grows out as you age. at your age it is not curable you can only work on reduce the effect it has on your life. i know that because I do have scoliosis and a quite severe one.
>>
>>37527630
ITS THE CURRENT YEAR
T
S

>>
>>37527713
So like I said, theres no point telling anyone, I know what they'll tell me. That's what I'm asking /fit/ what to do to get around it.
>>
>>37527745
i can only give you the advice i was given in physical theraphy then. i was told that I should do more reps on the side your spine is curved towards because that is naturally the weaker side. also you should check if, like in my case, your pelvis is tilted and as a result one leg is longer than the other. if that is the case you have to also focus a bit more on the shorter one because that is also the weaker one. and really it doesnt hurt to go to the doctor especially if you get physial theraphy after and learn a bit more about scoliosis as a result. sorry if not everything is understandable, no englando native
>>
>>37527745

Speak to a fucking physio, because they know a hell of a lot more about working around limitations than a bunch of random idiots on a message board.
>>
>told my mother my one shoulder is lower than the other standing up straight when i was 10
>thats funny anon :)
>wake up every morning with excrutiating lower back & scatia pain at 22
>when i used to lift i have to go to a physio now
>mfw
>>
>>37526531

Ive got mild scoliosis, but im still lifting, although you gotta adjust your form a slight bit, ie when i squat more pressure is in my right knee coz of muh scoli, so i adjust form and try and keep power even between both legs.

Lifting helped me with scoli, helped strength the muscles around it so it straightened out a bit
>>
>>37527849
Your mother is dumb as shit...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.