[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym Nazi General.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1463230731772.jpg (85 KB, 653x527) Image search: [Google]
1463230731772.jpg
85 KB, 653x527
How do you contain yourself /fit/?

We've all been there.
You're doing your shit, minding your own business, when a pair of newbies comes in. Obviously their first day ever being in a gym, and through instinct they do some seated hammer curls.
All is well, but then you see the go up 5 dumbells. And they don't use their bicep at all.
Then they start to bench: Elbows only to 90 degrees, weight way too high for them, reps of 15, of balance, super fast.
Then they DL: With their back curved as fuck.
Then they chin up, chin never going up and never really coming back down.

My point is, how do you hold yourself back from going over and telling them what they're doing is wrong?
>>
I don't give a shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbBhul8dVnI
>>
>>37520446
>My point is, how do you hold yourself back from going over and telling them what they're doing is wrong?
by doing your own workout instead of standing around watching people
>>
OP here, I have autismo.

OK, what about if you catch some-one TEACHING wrong form?
Usually, a dad (who used to be strong he swears) teaching his candy ass kids to roll shoulders wen shrugging, or something?
>>
>>37520657
>OK, what about if you catch some-one TEACHING wrong form?
learn to ignore it because 9/10 times the dad will say "don't listen to him he doesn't know what he's talking about" as you walk away and you're just gonna get people pissed off at you
>>
i friendly aproach and tell them that they are going to get hurt doing that way , and teach them the correct way
>>
>>37520446
Realize this

The more people are lifting all wrong and get no gains makes me automatically superior to them
>>
Literally no one wants unsolicited advice. You could be the swolest motherfucker in the world and it'll not be wanted. I've learned to fight the urge to offer advice long ago.
>>
The only time i have ever offered unsolicited advice to someone i wasnt trying to bang was when some DYEL was planning to do 100 sets of squats with the empty bar and i couldnt be bothered to wait for that shit
>>
>>37520446
If they are born to make it they will learn their mistakes on their own.
If not, best case scenario is that you'll be teaching them to lift with proper form for the next month or so, and then they'll quit because "lol im not jacked yet"
>>
if you don't know them, don't do anything except removing the bar from their magical color-changing throat as they fail the last rep before surgery. beginners to experts, if they don't know you chances are they will want to tear something before listening to the safest and most efficient advice from the most respected Olympic champion and trainer.

make friends, be friendly; that way, advice is friendly. If you really can't control it, make a hasty introduction, never lead with the knowledge otherwise the earbuds go back in and you cease to exist in their world once more.

Make sure the advice you proffer forth is bulletproof (a.k.a. actual proven knowledge via years of your own personal experience or via books and experts), and well suited to the individual and their personal routine. The simpler, the better. If you have to ask a question on here in order to show someone how to do something, you are in no place to dispense advice. Basically, the simpler and less personal the advice, the better off both of you are.

If it's a matter of not wiping the equipment, let it go wussbucket. If it's a matter of not racking the equipment, be direct, clear, and unwavering.
>>
File: 1462647073259.jpg (28 KB, 501x218) Image search: [Google]
1462647073259.jpg
28 KB, 501x218
>>37521985
>he gets pissed off at picking up weights
>but not when some-one has drenched a bench of their bodily fluids
>>
>>37520446
I tell them what they're doing is wrong. I remember when I was just like them and how I wouldn't be where I am if someone didn't let me know how to gym properly.
>>
I never ever ever give advice to people. People have so fragile egos that a mere advice could be perceived as you thinking you ar ebetter than him/her. I don't care how fucked up retarded their form is, I would never give any tips whatsoever. Even if I can smell snapcity from miles. People have every resource avaible to look up form on youtube. Even worse when someone does a retarded routine, it shows they did not take the time to do a fucking google search since ALL the best routine in the world are litterally free and they think they can do better from day 1. Having good form is putting your ego aside and taking your time with a mirror or asing for tips. If you snap your shit up because you didn't take your time to hone your technique or just look up an exercise tutorial on youtube, you deserve it. I'm not saying I'm some kind of guru, but I take pride in doing an exercise correctly and it rages me to see someone get hurt and then complain that the very exercise is dangerous.

If they are literally about to kill themselves, I won't do anything. I'll be the first to call an ambulance though.
>>
I never pay attention to people unless they're in my way or grunting like an ox.
>>
File: brett_favre.jpg (14 KB, 247x211) Image search: [Google]
brett_favre.jpg
14 KB, 247x211
>>37522584
the former is easily forgettable, and complete sanitation in a gym is laughable at best. If you shower regularly you'll avoid most ailments anyways (ever stretch on the floor?).
The latter is a matter that can easily be completely resolved, and the perpetrator at times may be the only one capable of putting the weights away safely.

Neither are worth rage, both are easily resolved, the world keeps turning. Be human.
>>
>>37520657
get strong, look like it, have beautiful form and people will eventually come to you for advice. there's no good way to offer unsolicited advice. People will sometimes accept it, but it's the minority.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.