[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW my right shoulder is fucked >TFW I can feel it shifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>TFW my right shoulder is fucked
>TFW I can feel it shifting if I put my hand over it and move it
>TFW quite severe, deep pain lately
>TFW it's probably some sort of arthritis and will either continue to get worse or stop me from lifting at all Soon

I-im likely not going to make it, am I lads?

It really hurts and all these symptoms simply cannot be a good sign
>>
Help, it really hurts
>>
>>37515319
Bursitis faggot
That's the most likely scenario, although it could be a strained rotator cuff.
Get an ultrasound, they'll either see bursa inflammation or strained muscles.
>>
>>37515352
It has been like this(the shifting thing) for years

The pain is a new occurrence
>>
1. Go to a Doctor to get it evaluated.

if no insurance or cannot for some reason

2. Take a week off lifting, educate yourself and learn what you are doing wrong.
*Did you get an acute injury or did this occur over time
*You could have a rare case where it is innately structural in which case only surgery could alleviate it, but that is really rare.
*If it is a chronic condition, NOT caused by an innate structural deformity, this must be caused by poor motion.
*Do you have some sort of muscle imbalance? Do you not do adequate mobility and stretching work?

Look im going to school for PT, so I may be able to help you out but im going to need 2 things from you and im going to bed soon.

Post a picture of yourself from the front and side(you can blur ur face out) so i can evaluate your posture

In addition to this post your full routine.
>>
>>37515366
Joints aren't fucking steel bars and welds, movement is normal. Plenty of people can partially unhinge their shoulders. 99% of the time excess mucking around with the joint won't do anything, the 1% of the time you end up inflaming the joint. And it will go away after a little recovery.
>>
>>37515384
It hurts insanely last few days desu

>>37515379
doesn't feel like anything to do with lifting

I've never hurt it WHILE lifting, only later at home it hurts like fuck even if I'm doing nothing to it.
I suspect it's some sort of arthritis.

Outside aboyt to sleep, can't rwally take picture

routine iS BLSS:
A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
I replaced pullups with lat pulldowns 3x8
Bent over rows 3x5
Cable rows 3x8
Curls 3x8
Rear delt flys 3x8

B:
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Ohp 3x5(although I shoulder press with dumbbells usually since it seems more mindful of shoulders - I do 3x8 in that case)
tricep pulldowns 3x8
>>
>>37515431
Your routine seems fairly balanced in terms of Pulling to pushing volume.

Its really difficult for me to guess what it is over the internet, especially without pictures.

Can you achieve the range of motion in this picture:

http://www.consultingsurgeons.com/ite3.jpg

if not, how high can u get ur arm up your back?
>>
>>37515450
all the way
>>
>>37515479
Can you achieve the range of motion in this picture?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tUGFCMNyTaQ/RuS365-JlSI/AAAAAAAAABE/9wPGxFUwjWE/s320/3079_f2a.jpg

If you are having no range of motion limitations and no specific movements are causing it, you can try supplements like fish oil + glucosamine, etc etc but youll probably want an MRI or something to make sure its not like a labral tear or arthritis like you said.
>>
>>37515513
Bro it's an imageboard just post the picture lol

But yeah I'm not really having an issue with any ROM so far that ive noticed. Just basically if I put my hand over my shoulder I've always been able to crack it in this weird way I thought was strange for years, but just recently(month or so) it has really gotten painful.

Going to see doctor in a week ill ask him about it
>>
>>37515534
Its bursitis.
Range of motion being unaffected is an indicator. I bet it aches as you raise your arm, then it stops aching when you break parallel with the level of your shoulder
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.