[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to achieve as little body fat as possible? How do I become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 736x1007) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 736x1007
How to achieve as little body fat as possible? How do I become this mode?
>>
>>37503891
eat less
run
>>
>>37503898
Thank you. Will working on my lower body over upper help or hinder or make no difference?
>>
The ethiopian diet consists of a wheat wrap with like some bugs and dirt, but only 1 a day 2 if you're lucky.
>>
I just cant toe strike over any amount of distance. Half a mile is about all I can manage then I revert to mongoloid heel striking. These fuckers toe strike for hours.
I need to get my shit together.
>>
Literally eat an extreme caloric deficit. Repeat until desired results.
>>
Run while eatting like 1000 calories
Youll be a skeleton in no time
>>
>>37503970
But he has muscles. This would make you achwitz mode
>>
>>37503959
In my experience, toe striking is a lot harder on your calves than heel striking, but it only takes a month or two of regular practice for your calves to catch up, at which point they permanently cease to be your limiting factor.
>>
>>37503959
>>37504000
Why is toe striking better?
>>
>>37504002
It's more efficient, because your foot acts like a spring and stores some of the energy of your landing which then helps propel you forwards, and it's way easier on your joints.
>>
>>37504015
how do you do it?
>>
>>37504034
You just tilt your foot forward a bit and land on the ball of your foot. Toe strike is a bit of a misnomer. You are actually landing just behind your toes. Run down the street barefoot for like 20 feet and you will immediately feel yourself do it. Because landing on your heels on pavement hurts you'll adjust your gait automatically.
>>
>>37503891
running from cheetah x 5
gazelle hunt x 2
500,000 years of genetics x 1
>>
>>37504002

Like this anon said,
>>37504015
toe striking is more efficient. But why? Like the anon said, if you land on the front of your foot, your leg acts like a spring, absorbing the shock of landing. It also helps keep your forward momentum because you land with your center of mass in front of your foot, and thus you continue to move forward.

Heel striking on the other hand, is the opposite. Not only does it increase the shock on your legs (because your leg locks and the shock goes straight into you), but it is also less efficient. When you land on your heel, that shock slows you down, especially because your center of mass is now behind your foot.

tl;dr: toe striking is more efficient and safer than heel striking
>>
>>37503891
by being poor and starving yourself.
>>
>>37504117
Humm, that's what I always thought, but I've got this diagram that says Midwood striking is best.

I naturally tend to run with my toes hitting first, is toe strike better than midfoot? Or is that only with short/long distances?
>>
File: 4Steps_Running2.jpg (492 KB, 1553x1542) Image search: [Google]
4Steps_Running2.jpg
492 KB, 1553x1542
>>37504949
Pic related
>>
>>37503891
Step 1) Eat 1000 calories per day
Step 2) Repeat daily, without deviation, for five years
>>
>>37504949
Toe striking is a meme. The correct technique is the one you do naturally.

It was blown out of proportion by the media that got hold of a report that described the running technique of one tribe in Africa. However, other tribes run differently. There is no one size fits all running technique, it's different for everyone. Google it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.