[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think it's time I abandoned squats for good. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: hott.jpg (15 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
hott.jpg
15 KB, 270x400
I think it's time I abandoned squats for good. I've been lifting 1.5 years and in that time I've only managed to squat 180lbs for reps and given myself two hernias getting there.

I just dont' understand what the problem is. My other lifts have gone up as you'd expect: OHP 135 BP 225 DL 350.

I'm not even seeing any hypetrophy in my quads or ass even though I'm squatting 3x weekly. The ROI on the movement has been almost nil, and the time and effort I expend doing it can be better spent elsewhere, like lunges or hip thrusts.

Any thoughts? I think joocy quads just aren't in the cards for me.
>>
>>37501859
your form is shit and you convince yourself the weight is too heavy before you lift it so it becomes too hard to lift.
>>
>>37503631
This, I really want to see a form video from a guy with those stats
>>
Im 80kg and could squat 2pl8 my second month lifting. How much of a queer can you even be
>>
>>37501859
>>37503631
>>37503907
Also, long legs/short torso = shit squats
No excuse though, deload and work up
>>
Switch to leg press or a hack squat machine, not everyone has the structure to get the most out of squats, and they aren't some magical exercise like a lot of noobies on here like to pretend.
>>
Bump it down to once or twice a week. De-load and focus on FORM. And like the other anon said you may just not be built for it, doesn't mean you should abandon it but you'll never see great results and it will take years of effort to get there.
>>
>>37501859
>tfw been lifting for 3 years and i cannot bench 135 pounds
>>
>>37504652

If he can somehow find a lift that he does get better results from, he probably should abandon (or at least seriously scale back) his squatting.

Do what works. If it ain't working fix it or toss it.
>>
>>37501859
Inguinal hernia?

I just had my first one repaired with mesh and about a month back into lifting. Stated from the bar now all my lifts are at one plate
>>
>>37504667
Yeah I worded that a little badly. Like you said though if OP can't get squats to work for him he should just keep it as an accessory.
>>
>>37504663
Girl?
>>
>>37503631
Was up to 350 lbs x 10. 2nd Warm up set with 225, teen douchebag comes over and pushes me mid descent because his girl was mirin.
Bar almost slipped and I heard 3 pops. Migrated Slipped disc over 4 vertebrae impinging on 6/8 spinal cavities.
Still finished the squat, turned around and slapped him straight in his pimply face before shoving him to the ground.
However, that one push completely fucked me over as the orthopaedic said no heavy lifts for a year.
>>
>>37505981
Spinal canals. Eligible for spinal disc replacement to be done within 2 years. Honestly, fuck idiots.
>>
>>37504673
femoral on one side. I got what is likely an inguinal on the other side while getting my lifts back up following surgery for the femoral.
>>
>>37504591
Why is this? Wondering because I think i have long legs and a short torso and find squatting decent weight extremely difficult. On SL 5x5 atm.
>>
>>37504667
Everything I have read says that squats are crucial to strength building because of how many muscles they work. Could you really replace it with accessories? I like squats, just wondering if I've been memed on or if you're the one memeing.
>>
File: short-torso-vs-long-torso.jpg (189 KB, 1561x1661) Image search: [Google]
short-torso-vs-long-torso.jpg
189 KB, 1561x1661
>>37508484
You have to lean forwards in an awkward way.
>tfw long arms, short torso
>60kg bench, 80kg squat, 150kg DL
>>
>>37503631
definitely. I had great hypertrophy til I started getting a lil higher in weights and wanted to see the numbers keep going up, my form started weakening. When I noticed no progress, dropped some weight, fixed form, hypertrophy started up again. If you're not getting full depth on squat you shouldn't even bother. The last bit makes all the difference
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.