[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you accurately log exercise when you're on the treadmill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
How do you accurately log exercise when you're on the treadmill for speeds that don't end in 0 or 5? For instance, let's say you did 20 minutes at 3.9. There's no listing for 3.9. Can you use math? For instance,

3.9 mi/h * 20 min / 60min/h = 1.3 miles

1.3 mi / 3.5 mi/h * 60 min/h = 22.29 minutes

Is that accurate from a caloric standpoint? That is, is walking 20 minutes at 3.9 mph the equivalent of walking 22.29 minutes at 3.5 mph?
>>
I dont know
>>
>>37488962
perhaps
>>
Can you repeat rhe question
>>
>>37488962
Maybe
>>
>>37488962
You probably use more energy when you are faster, because your body heats faster and uses oxygen faster, so the process of de-heating and transfering oxygen to your muscles ends up using more energy
>>
>>37488962
If you look only at calories consumption, the only 2 figures you need are bodyweight and distance, time is irrelevant. By walking you burn 0.4999999 kcalories per kg of bodyweight for each kilometer walked. By running you burn 0.999999 kcalories per kg of bodyweight for each kilometer run.

By the way, OP, your question reveals you're kind of an anal nutbag. But a good kind of anal nutbag. I like you, OP.
>>
>when you're on the treadmill
Nope.
>>
>>37489372
wtf? you just contradicted yourself in the same paragraph
>>
>>37489324
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
>>37489372
literally retarded
>>
>>37488962
It's literally a linear equation. It's not that hard.
>>
>>37488962
>cos(x)
>>
quick, someone write a proposal and get some funding for this shit
>>
>>37489372
Thats nice of you Anon, you made OP not seem as moronic
>>
http://www.runnersworld.com/weight-loss/how-many-calories-are-you-really-burning?page=single

Apparently, most walking will burn the same amount of calories over the same distance, until you get to super fast speeds where you should be running instead. Running in general burns more calories than walking, because your body is doing more work with the up and down motion.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.