[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is eating clean a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (416 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416 KB, 936x1285
Is eating clean a meme?
>>
Kombuca and probiotics certainly are.

If you eat clean (meat/veg/complex carbs) and avoid processed garbage, your gut will probably be fine.

Mineral water is GOAT for cutting out soda, though. You get that carbonated feeling without any shit.
>>
Eating clean is certainly not a meme. It doesn't take a genius to know that more natural food leads to greater overall health
>>
>>37474942
what the fuck is that egg looking thing on brands?
>>
>>37475050
Water flavoring
>>
>>37474942
>eating clean a meme.
From a bulking standpoint no.
You can eat dirty (huge amounts of food of whatever you want) and bulk.
or
You can eat clean (foods that give you the most protein per calories) and gain a decent bulk, but your cut is a lot faster and you hardly ever look obese.

Obviously cleanbulk doesn't build the gains a dirty bulk does.

Unless you're talking about like... hippie diets.
>>
The anti-sugar crowd has a point.

Sugar was invented in like, what, the mid 15th century? It wasn't widely consumed by the average person until maybe say the 18th century.

Fruits and vegetables have been selectively bred to contain more sugars for hundreds of years. Not consciously, but simply because they tend to be more flavorful and taste better.

I'm not a scientist, but it seems entirely reasonable that our bodies haven't yet evolved to effectively handle the absurdly large increase in sugar consumption we've seen as a species in the last 500 years, without seeing some negative health consequences.

Mostly I just suspect it's virtually harmless in most folks, in moderation. It's a super calorie dense food that tastes great, so we eat a lot of eat, get fat, then suffer from obesity related problems, and blame them on sugar, rather than over-consumption.
>>
>>37474942
Low calorie ≠ clean. Just putting it out there.
>>37475114
Again, wrong. Clean ≠ low calorie or high protein and dirty ≠ high calorie.
Clean = homemade, natural, healthy, whole foods.
Dirty = processed garbage.

You can clean bulk on 3000 kcal of spinach, legumes, chicken, eggs, potatoes.
You can dirty cut on 1400 kcal of oreos. Oreos = dirty, 1400 kcal = cut.
>>
>>37475114
clean and dirty, in regards to bulking, refers to your calorie surplus, not food selection.

e.g. >500 calorie surplus is a dirty bulk, <500 calorie surplus is a clean bulk
>>
>>37475182
you're conflating two different uses of the word.

"clean eating" is a concept of a healthy diet.
"clean bulking" or "dirty bulking" is a concept regarding to overall calorie consumption when attempting to gain muscle mass.
>>
File: Full potato.jpg (137 KB, 471x246) Image search: [Google]
Full potato.jpg
137 KB, 471x246
>>37474942

>clean eating
>dairy
>mammalian estrogen

>Clean eating
>aspartame

what retard put this together?
>>
>>37474942

Why would eating healthy food be a meme? It's just good for general health.

> eat a lot of vegetables
> make sure you're reaching the daily intake of vitamins, minerals
> try to get a ratio of omega 3/6 no more than 1:4
> try not to eat stuff with a lot of trans fat or saturated fat in it
> eat enough protein so your muscles don't waste away
> try not to eat stuff with added sugar in it

Optional:
> decrease consumption of red / processed meat -- could increase risk of some cancers
> decrease consumption of milk -- could increase risk of some cancers
> decrease consumption of soy products -- could fuck with your endocrine system
>>
>>37475182
>tells me i'm wrong
>says exactly the same thing I just did

sure brah
>>
>>37475258
"
>>37475114
>Obviously cleanbulk doesn't build the gains a dirty bulk does.
"

"no"

Calories and protein builds gains
Micros, fiber and clean eating builds health
>>37475210
The two are sort of tied together, since 1 ft3 of kfc has more kcal than the same volume of lentil soup
>>
>>37474942
No. But maybe not for the reason you think. A good diet that's clean keeps joints well maintained. Too much fatty foods and booze and you're cruising for gout and wrist pain. Eat clean and drink in moderation and you'll fix those problems.

Of course if your doctor prescribes medicine you should listen to him/her and not some whack job on a Bhutanese sun god worship board.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.