[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking about it since Freshman Year, and now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
I've been thinking about it since Freshman Year, and now I'm sure. Boxing, or maybe MMA, is the career path for me. I'm just not sure where to begin. Any advice?
>>
>>37464576
sorry, unless you've been training since childhood, you're not gonna be able to make a living off of it.
>>
>>37464757
This isn't true, start by joining your school's wrestling team if still in school, sign up for an mma gym and give it 100 percent, you have to want it more than you want to breath. I gave up on my dream after an injury. Don't be me
>>
>>37464757
No, no... shame on you. This is clapistan and you can't tell him this. He's an outlier and a special snowflake. YOU DON'T KNOW HIM.
>>
File: cool pepe.jpg (65 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
cool pepe.jpg
65 KB, 400x388
>>37464821
>tfw american
>>
>>37464812
I'm not saying OP can't be good, great even. But thinking that he can make a living off of it is unlikely at best.
>>
I have thought of getting in the Uni team still not sure if to become a pro though.
>>
>>37464576
>>>/asp/
prepare yourself for a shitty life on the way out
>>
I am going to jihack this thread because I missed the earlier martial arts thread.

Question for you fighting folks. When I throw a double jab, like in a jab-jab-cross, is it jab > full reset into guard > jab? Or maybe jab > pull back halfway > jab? And since my hand is supposed to be open when I'm not punching, do I have to release after the first punch and grip again for the second?
>>
>>37464576
go to
B R O O K L Y N
>>
Are you dumb?

You start at a boxing gym dumbass.
>>
>A career where you gets an incredible amount of head trauma, ends prematurely, and generally nets you fucking nothing if you aren't exceptional
What could go wrong?
>>
>>37464941
Depends on the situation .If you want to deal damage then full reset,if you want speed than pull back
>>
>>37464576
Train boxing and bjj. if you can train wrestling in your college go for it but don't pursue the boxing career, the risk is too much better being proficient in all arts and try mma
>>
>>37464941
Jab pull back halfway jab

And when you're practicing don't really matter if you make a fist or not, you'll figure it out if you ever actually spar you just want to get the right jab motion down
>>
Everyone should try some form of martial art competitively there is no comparative feeling to being in ring with another man who wants to take your head off
>>
How doI I Dempsey Oll?
>>
Most fuckers are training at 10 now lol, and those ain't the guys that are fighting in the octagon at Vegas.
>>
File: snatchbythepool.jpg (23 KB, 396x346) Image search: [Google]
snatchbythepool.jpg
23 KB, 396x346
>>37464576
>career
>boxing/mma
oh, you mean getting parkinson's and then having to be a second for every man at your gym, just so you can afford to survive, or taking out massive debt to maintain a persona of a more skilled and less broken person?
>>
>>37464821
>>37464757

People start boxing and MMA later into life and become professionals all the time. It is a matter of dedication.

That said OP >>37464576

it is a fucking terrible career path. Lets say you go MMA since overall is a smaller and lower talent pool. Training like a mad man no injuries take your first fight in a year, get a few more, win an amateur title move on to a small time MMA promotion. My friend started at 20, first fight at 21 and went pro at 23. The pay sucks ass at this point if his girlfriend wasn't rich he'd be broke as hell. But legacy FC is looking to pick him up, slight pay raise for him. But more importantly it is a feeder into the UFC. Lets say he gets on at the UFC by 26, pretty reasonable. Starting pay still isn't enough to live off. Has to win fights and not get cut to even start making a profit after cost of his fight camps.

Most fighters work at the gym they train out of for a reason. The pay sucks for most fighters. I do not recommend this career path. I was an amateur boxing and grew up wrestling. I still do muay thai and BJJ plus I get paid to instruct. I am not a fighter. I am a mechanical engineering major cus I like money. Get an engineering degree and train MMA in Uni. That way you have a fall back position.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.