[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need somebody to explain the "proven routines" listed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: routine.png (31 KB, 696x560) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
31 KB, 696x560
I need somebody to explain the "proven routines" listed on the sticky, please.

So, is pic related the entire routine?

Like, is it just 3 exersizes (5 reps 5 sets each) and 3 days a week?

I ask because it seems rather...short, like its ranked on intermediate level but im currently doing many more exercizes with longer sets.

Also what exactly is "5 reps max"? putting an absurd amount of weight and making 5 reps?
>>
bump pls i have to go train in 20 minutes
>>
B U M P

SERIOUSLY ITS JUST A YES OR NO ANSWER
>>
wow no one replied thanks
>>
>>37461921
This is not a beginner routine and is probably not suitable for you. It's literally under the 'intermediate' part in the sticky. Pick a beginner routine instead

And yes, that's it
If you can't see how doing a heavy 5x5 is hard, you don't know how to lift
>>
>>37463035

Im not a beginner hence I picked that routine.

I was just surprised at the routine being only 3 days a week (I already did the routine today and I can understand that 3 exercizes are more than enough) because most routines I had seen so far were 5 days a week
>>
>>37463201
I see your confusion as I had the same thing.

It's 5 working sets.

The faggots should have stated that there are at least 5 sets of warm up.

So it's more like 10 sets by 5 reps each
>>
>>37463781
http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Under the the "Ramping Weights" section, it seems like the max is only for the last set.
>>
>>37463201
Dude if you didnt understand the routine there is no way you arnt a beginner
>>
>>37461921
madcow felt like more of a peaking routine

i'd stick to something with more volume and accessories
>>
>>37463781

No, reading into it like >>37463944 says, its pretty much 4 sets of warmups and the final set at 5rm. with increments of 10% weight between sets.

Its very poorly explained desu, but its there.

And I'm wondering...just how much do you need to be lifting currently for this program to be effective?

Because I'm currently benching 110 lb and squatting 120-130. So knowing that I have to start with lower weight, I wonder if this thing is actually effective for me, or if I should lift more so that I can start at a higher weight
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 736x736
>>
>>37464502

how much do you weight?
>>
>>37464559

65 kilos
>>
>>37464578

Stop that routine rn buddy you're not an intermediate lifter if youre 65 and bench pressing 110 and squatting 120, thats actually beginner level on both ends. an intermediate lifter bench presses about 150 lb and squats 230. So yeah, this routine will NOT work for you, because your lifts are too weak and are not enough to cause the amount of strain required for this routine to work.

If you dont believe me, just try it for a week. This routine works (I followed it when I was intermediate) so the week after that you should be able to do the 2.5% increase in weight
>>
>>37464363

English isnt my main language and I had never been big on researching routines on the internet (I trained with another guy who does) so I had never heard about a lot of the stuff in the routines.

>>37464626

where the hell are you getting those numbers from???!!!

Most of the big guys at my gym would barely rank as intermediate then, and theres some pretty massive guys out there. like 150 lb thats like 4 45 plates. Are yo usure youre not getting those numbers from olympic or powerlifting standards?
>>
>>37465089
>150 lb
>four 45 plates

You sound like a dyel and the gym you go to is full of them also

For the record a two plate bench is 225lbs as in two on each side plus the bar(45 lbs)
>>
>>37465177

My bad I was mixing things up with kilos

Are bars really 45 lbs though?
>>
Nice b8 m8 8/8
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.