[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I have had some shoulder issues and I believe it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: deaddd.png (160 KB, 220x430) Image search: [Google]
deaddd.png
160 KB, 220x430
Hey guys, I have had some shoulder issues and I believe it all has stemmed from bad posture. So I decided I would work on my deadlift form again. I have been doing corrective deadlifts and I think I have finally started to get them down. I am trying to keep a complete neutral spine and it is tough to do but im proud of my progress. Here is today's video, just hit 1135lbs. A few days ago I hit 115, then 95lbs last weekand posted here and got good advice. I tried to begin correcting things here. Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMGyvfST8wk&feature=youtu.be
>>
Looks better than the last video.
>>
File: 1463404939537.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1463404939537.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>
>>37458206
Pull the slack out of the bar before you rip it. That means just do a tiny pull in the beginning when getting your position tight, until you hear the "click" in the barbell. Then you pull it off the floor. Otherwise you risk pulling yourself out of position.
>>
Looking okay so far. I like the setup (besides what >>37458336 mentioned but this is minor) and you seem to have decent leverages for conventional pulling.

The main thing you can look up is to be more explosive with your hips after you pass the knee. I'm sure you're performing slow in order to guarantee "perfect" form. But please be aware that slow hips tend to become a bad habit and prevent you from locking out heavier weights.

On the negative motion I'd like you to bend more at the hips before bending the knees. This will stop the barbell from basically being scrapped down your thighs (which is not correct technique as it equals corrupted leverages and extra load on your thoraxic spine instead of glutes/hams).
>>
>>37458224
Appreciate the input
>>37458367
And okay more explosive at the hips on the way up? So more of the "fucking" movement when your pulling it right? Like exagerate it almost?

And okay so more at the hips like a lordosis thing then once the bar hits my knees then I go down? And you dont want the bar to slide down my quads? I didnt know that was bad form
>>
>>37458367
this
>>
i would try doing this deadlift with both your hands turn palm up. you'll feel your lats engage more it looks like you are missing some activation ;)
>>
>>37459322
Supinated is good for upper back activation but everyone here told me no lol
>>
>>37458206
GET OFF MY BOARD YOU WEAK POS
>>
>>37459733
Appreciate the input
>>
what's your height and weight? you seem to have similar leverages as me.
>>
>>37460240
I am 5'9 148lbs
>>
File: 1464128173579.gif (2 MB, 347x298) Image search: [Google]
1464128173579.gif
2 MB, 347x298
>>37458206

Holy crap 1135 lbs!!!!
>>
Good reps and good form.
Make sure to use your leg drive to get the bar off the floor. Keep your lats engaged throughout the lift as well.
>>
>>37461231
Thank you so much
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.