[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Treadmill Desk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: treadmill.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
treadmill.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Are the benefits of a treadmill desk worth it? do you eventually adapt to having to walk and work?

>inb4 why
sedentary lifestyle is not really that good for you plus you have the benefits of improved blood flow and higher cals burned per day
>but why would I want to burn more cals!
because that means you can eat more thus getting more protein and other vital nutrients into your diet which can help weightlifting
>but my gains
wouldn't improved cardiovascular health and posture actually INCREASE gains?
>>
>>37450426
theyre good, i have the version that has a steering wheel and some wheels under it, so i can drive down the road to buy some groceries while finishing my work and exercise at the same time
>>
File: linus.png (452 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
linus.png
452 KB, 640x480
All I know about them is that Linus used to have one and now he doesn't. I can't imagine that it's easy to type at high speed while you're walking. It seems like it would reduce your productivity, but I don't know.

I've heard people rave about standing desks, though. Specifically the adjustable ones that can switch between being a standing desk and being a regular desk. To me switching between sitting and standing periodically seems like it could easily be comfier than sitting all the time. I plan to try one eventually, but I don't have a job right now.
>>
>>37450447
srs anon

I've read multiple studies on how being active increases life span and reduces aging as well as having many other positive effects on your body.

But I wanna know what people here have felt about it especially since the desks are fucking expensive
>>
File: Treadesk.jpg (29 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Treadesk.jpg
29 KB, 400x600
Humans evolved to get about 6-12 hours of exercise a day, take that for what you will.
>>
>>37450522
well linus is out of shape and obviously doesnt care about his health past memes so his opinion is discarded.
>standing desk
All I know about standing all day (worked where I was required to stand all day) sucks ass unless youre moving around too
>>37450545
is that yours anon?
>>
>>37450563
I have also worked at a job where I was on my feet all the time, not uncommonly for 10+ hour shifts, and standing in one place for maybe half of that time. It sucks, but it only starts to suck after a few hours once you're acclimated to it. If you could switch positions once an hour, I think it would be pretty nice.
>>
I had an adjustable standing desk at my old job. I think I was the only one who tried to use it. Realized how weak my back was after standing for a couple hours. Was useful though since I've developed some tolerance for it and I've gone to standing room only ballet and opera shows since they're so cheap.
>>
here's something I read on Forbes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/03/11/new-study-treadmill-desks-boost-productivity/#6fd483204c8a

Im seriously thinking about getting one of these seems like a great way to improve your lifespan and quality of life.I honestly can't wait until I have a child so I can train that child to be an Übermensch from day 1
>>37450599
>one place for half the time
boy I feel bad for ya, luckily I worked sales so I was able to move around, but when It was slow and I was standing in a place I was dying and my posture became shit because id slouch
>>37450682
did you notice any health benefits?
>>
File: tread.png (59 KB, 674x247) Image search: [Google]
tread.png
59 KB, 674x247
http://time.com/3551130/standing-desk-treadmill-desk/

its looking pretty promising
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.