[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to gain strength while on a slow cut? If so how?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Is it possible to gain strength while on a slow cut? If so how?
>>
Yeah. Just cut slowly. I've personally done it.

It won't happen if you're in a rush to cut though.

When I had been lifting for 3 years I did a really slow cut and went from 198 to 173 (5'7") over like 9 months and maintained all of my strenght and even gained some on some lifts like deadlifts, weighted pull-ups etc.

I was cutting at like 2.3-2.5k calories though.
>>
>>37442073
I was more concerned with things like bench and squat desu
>>
>>37442153
ah , i just maintained, but thats still a strength increase overall if you think about it because i was still squatting and benching the same at 173 that i was at 198. 25lbs less bodyweight with same lifts is still relative increase.
>>
Is it not more efficient to do a really fast cut so you can get back on bulking again sooner?
>>
>>37443004
>get back to bulking

lel

dont ever bulk after youve cut. youre just asking for instant fat gains, gotta maintain and slowly get into a very slow gaining phase....

after youve gained your noob gains + a little extra more gains, bulking is just going to cause a lot of fat gains.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>37443047
>>
>>37443251
i cut from 220 to 180 (6'0 and 3 years lifting)

was lean, really happy with my physique. started bulking again, before I knew it I was back at like 210 and had basically gained back 30lbs of fat like it was nothing, for very little extra muscle and strength gain.

thus, bulking is pointless if you've been lifting for a decent amount of time, you can only gain so much after awhile, bulking becomes pointless.
>>
>>37442383
Fuak how have I never thought of this??
>>
>>37443047
This really encouraged me to get over my lack of gaining strength as I cut.
I'm still keeping my lifts about the same despite losing over 10 pounds, if not better.
I just know it won't be quite so since I'm aiming at about another 20 pounds to lose and it has been discouraging me to think I'll lose strength.
>>
>>37442048
Cut 4 days per week and bulk the remaining 3.
>>
>>37442048
Do strenght on Mon and tuesday, on other days hipertrophy and cardio.
Eat +350kcal on Mon and -600-700kcal on the others.
That is how I went from bench pressing 90kg to 105kg while going from 90kg to 85kg.
>>
>>37442048
cns adaptations are a thing
>>
>>37443293
No you're just a dumbass
>>
>>37442048
I'm on a 1000 calorie deficit and i've been on it for 4 months. Al of my lifts have increased bigtime. it;s entirely possible, just eat enough protein and take a preworkout sugar free monster.
>>
>>37442048
theory says yes, my experience says no...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.