[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mental health supplements?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: brain.jpg (101 KB, 660x528) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
101 KB, 660x528
I'm looking for specific vitamins or supplements I can take to help improve my memory/concentration. I feel kind of spaced out sometimes and I forget small things constantly but I can remember important events for an ungodly amount of time.

currently taking
>daily multivitamin (going to switch to Opti-Men soon)
>fish oil
>vitamin D
>5g creatine
>5g beta-alanine

any good ones that have helped you guys personally? I also plan on getting some ZMA when I order the Opti-Men vitamins as well.
>>
don't fuck with too much shit

especially nootropics

may make you worse

eat your veggies and sleep enough
>>
>>37440196
ZMA fag here

I love the shit. If i could choose 3 supplements to take it would be ZMA, WPI and Creatine Monohydrate. I've tried Noopept, Alphabrain and 5-HTP and none of that shit worked anywhere nearly as well or cleanly as ZMA. /

Picked up Z-Matrix from BB.com BOGO
>>
Look into cognitivie remedation therapy (CRT) it may help with your problems.
>>
>>37440245
what are your personal benefits from taking it? I've heard the sleep is amazing on it but not much else.
>>
>>37440196
If you want to go natty,

1) sleep enough but not too much ie don't sleep for 14 hrs just because

2) keep a journal, write down events that happened each day. It will force your brain to be better at retrieving short term information over time. If you want to make it more challenging make a list of 5 random words in the morning and recall it in your journal at the end of the day.
>>
File: pepe95.jpg (210 KB, 1278x2170) Image search: [Google]
pepe95.jpg
210 KB, 1278x2170
i was just taking multivitamins for a while but i recently got a triplex omega 3, 6, & 9 supplement, apparently it contains flax seed oil, fish oil, borage, and cereal germ all in one, i was gonna buy just the flax seed oil by itself but this thing caught my eye

are these "all in one" supplements worth it? or what do i need to check in the label?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 356x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 356x525
>>37440196
try phosphatidilserine, it's scientifically proven to work
>>
>>37440273
I usually get around 7-8 hours of sleep so I think I'm fine on that front. the journal sounds like a good idea though, might help improve my writing as well.

would typing up the journal have the same effect as writing it?
>>
>>37440269
I usually take it about an hour or so before when i want to be asleep. Relaxes me quite well and gives me the best sleep even on <8 hours. Dreams are vivid as fuck. I feel increased libido upon waking which suits me well cause i train in the mornings.

Diet > Sleep > Gym

Sleep improvements alone are worth the price of this very affordable supplement
>>
>>37440298
so is it just the better rest that is helping you mentally?
>>
the most effective nootropic by research is....caffeine.
>>
File: 80klnwcity_figure12_large.jpg (298 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
80klnwcity_figure12_large.jpg
298 KB, 1024x723
I sold and marketed Nootropics for close to a year around 6 years ago, and took tons of them for around 6 months.

I learned a lot more selling them than I did taking them. They're the epitome of magic pills. Almost all supplements are bought and marketed towards insecure people looking for a quick solution to something that probably isn't a problem. In nootropics it tends to be "I want to be more intelligent". Bar none, the best thing I've found for this is walnuts and salmon and cutting down on carbs. Nootropics, particularly racetams with choline are fun for a short while and good to experiment with, and galantamine is fun for messing with lucid dreaming, Rhodiola Rosea Extract is good for more consistent sleep, but they're exclusively temporary, expensive and inconsistent when compared to good diet, regular sunshine and regular sleep.

tl;dr Cod liver oil, walnuts, salmon and other sources of omega 3 and monounsaturated fats with lower amounts of carbs and good sleep and you'll beat every nootropic on the market while saving money.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.