[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a guy lifting to retake his mantle as the Scott Pilgrim of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10
Ask a guy lifting to retake his mantle as the Scott Pilgrim of his crew (while becoming the best fighter in his area again) anything. If you're a slacker I've got all sorts of neato advice to help you be less of a waste of space than you were yesterday.
>>
File: 1462835451066.jpg (53 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1462835451066.jpg
53 KB, 480x270
My advice includes getting a girl too. Can't really help with keeping one so well. But I'm pretty good at getting them!
>>
>the scott pilgrim of his crew
why the fuck would you want to be scott? literally everyone in toronto thinks hes a lazy piece of shit save for ramona and knives.
>>
How to be productive and get shit done?
>>
File: 1329917721838.png (45 KB, 242x584) Image search: [Google]
1329917721838.png
45 KB, 242x584
>>37404465
>retake
>>
File: latest-1.png (154 KB, 632x900) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
154 KB, 632x900
>>37404711
I never asked to be Scott, really. It's just what sort of happened. Our personalities are similar (as crummy as that may be at times), I've got a little sister who is undoubtedly the big sister, my parents are off spending euros on things, and it just so happens I'm the bassist in a band.

Oh, and did I mention I've got an ex who was the lead of my old band who took off and became the lead of a band that's doing proportionately better than my own? I don't really like to talk about it, but it's a thing.

>>37404739
That's easy, just do more for yourself than you did the day before. Hear me out.

A lot of people avoid putting themselves in a negative light. I've managed to grow comfortable enough with my lazy and arrogant ways to make them work to my benefit. The biggest lesson I learned is it's totally okay to be selfish sometimes.

Even if it's one pushup more than yesterday, or if you studied just five minutes more, always reward yourself and remember you're doing it for you.

I totally let myself sleep in an extra hour today for taking the time to clean yesterday. And later for lunch I'm probably having pizza with a chick I managed to work up the courage to try and hook up with.

Little shit adds up.

>>37404770
No one ever took my spot, I just sorta fell out of it. Similar to Scotts boring depression. Only mine last like, three years? Shit got really out of whack. I'm surprised I was even able to date, even though none of the relationships went anywhere
>>
File: 1464621318385.jpg (128 KB, 1280x1656) Image search: [Google]
1464621318385.jpg
128 KB, 1280x1656
Some general advice for guys who have trouble approaching girls..

Don't be afraid of failure. Some girls just won't be into you and that's okay, but you'll never know unless you just swing the bat.

Be funny. This doesn't mean go at them with the best pickup or one liner you've got. Save your "witty" comments for your friends and just talk to her so you can get a feel for her sense of humor. Just play off of that.

Women loves guys who are awesome without trying. If you workout all the time DON'T EVER LET THEM KNOW. The novelty wears off faster when it's something you bring up regularly.

Look for "that guy" and don't be him. Study the fuck out of "that guy" and do everything in your power to not do what he does. It took me forever to figure this out, but it finally sunk in one night after my friends were picking on "that guy" who brought his guitar to a party and I realized that same dude was me a couple of weeks earlier.

Be clean. I don't care how ugly, skele, fat, or boring you are; smelling good and dressing like a normie goes way further than ranting about your talents or how much you can lift.

Number One Rule; never have a lapse in confidence. Want to turn a woman off faster than dropping the line "Nice shoes! Let's fuck"? Complain. They really hate that.

Don't drink. If you must drink don't do it regularly. Everyone can get drunk and being able to drink a lot isn't a special skill. I promise, if you find yourself getting called out for not drinking you'll get some shit for sure but having a handle (for people like me, a social edge) against a sea of drunk and horny peers proves itself useful without any additional effort on your behalf. Speaking from experience.
>>
File: 1464666362767.png (682 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1464666362767.png
682 KB, 800x800
Want to get buff enough to impress any normie girl? It's not really that difficult. I've got a two month method I incorporate with my regular lifting (which I do three times a week) that gets me back in shape when Taco Bell and Arbys catches up to me

1) no soda, cheese, or fast food
2) switch to a vegetarian/pescetarian diet
3) pushups and planks when you wake up/before sleeping
4) all the cardio you can do x forever
5) intermittent fasting

I'm not particularly strong or ripped, but I have been, and I've found that personality always means more in the end. I've been fat, skele, and dad mode but being active in general is more than enough.

Having trouble putting on weight? Have whole milk and pizza for lunch everyday. Having trouble losing weight? Do more cardio and alter your diet cause there really is no substitute. Ec stack helps but it's not enough by itself.

Do stuff. I'm an aspiring musician in a band who cooks for a living while hunting the paranormal on the side when I'm not preoccupied with my philosophy or sociological studies. That sounds a lot more impressive than "I play video games and play guitar" even if it's not really THAT impressive. Think of yourself as a hot new car model, and even if you're just a car, you've got your own sweet ass selling points that ultimately sell themselves.

Treat women like people, even if they're bitches. I'm a little sexist, so my method might not work for everyone (especially against a girl who just knows she's the hottest shit around), but don't take them too seriously. That way your feelings don't get hurt if you get shot down, and pride won't get in the way when they challenge you with snarky or sly statements. And they will. They're just testing the water to see how confrontational you are (I have yet to meet a girl who truly enjoys confrontation or sees it as a healthy thing, even when they think you kicking ass is "hot") and getting offended early on shows you'll probably be the source of arguments later on.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
This thread sucks. (Suuucks)

Also, Scott is not a good person despite being the protagonist. He's spiteful, shameful, and attempts to justify cheating on Knives.

[spoiler] Kim best girl [/spoiler]
>>
>>37404927
How to stop drinking alcohol but not seem like a fud?
How to beat the frequent bouts of rage for no reason?
How to like myself when I act like a dick so often?
>>
File: 1463682126085.gif (726 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463682126085.gif
726 KB, 500x281
>>37406986
>implying Knives isn't best
Also, you're right. But I work diligently everyday to shy away from acting out on those traits. And everyday they become a little less relevant to me.

>>37407039
1) Start by putting less stock into how people view your habits and more stock into how changing your habits ultimately benefit you. If people see you as a "fud" then fuck em. YOU know what you're living for and so it's up to YOU to make it all pay off. Their opinion is of little consequence if you're still social and fun without the alcohol lube, and if they judge you for not drinking they should get less of your respect.

2) Anger can be modeled after anger we have witnessed or experienced. People spend a lot of time learning. Life demands you learn. But what nobody teaches you is how to unlearn. There's a lot of shit we get stuffed with as we approach and livr through adulthood, but a majority of it is just shit. Unlearn habits and negative behaviors by figuring out your triggers and disarming them.

For example, it really grinds my gears when people ask me where I'm from. Before, I'd just get frustrated and stammer out my response then fume about it all evening. Now? I just tell them some bullshit response like "well I just came from home" and quickly turn the conversation back to them.

3) You're a dick? Accept it. Bask in it, even. But above all learn to work with it. I'm a bit of a douche myself and it used to get me into trouble. Then I sat down and said to myself, "what am I doing wrong, im just being honest"

It essentially boiled down to be having to deflate my ego and learn to be a dick with a silver lining. Feel like being a superdouche? Go stand in a mirror and be a dick to yourself. Now ask yourself, what did you gain from that? Whatever your response is (chances are NOTHING) say it aloud then look for the silver lining. That lining is what you want your "dick" to be 24/7.

Men become more valuable when they can make the most of what they've got.
>>
go roleplay somewhere else nerd
>>
So how much do you lift? (feels or autism doesn't count as weight)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-01.png (113 KB, 537x840) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-01.png
113 KB, 537x840
>>37407699
I lift light. The heaviest I work with is two 45 lb dumbbells, unless I'm with the crew, in which case my bench is just shy of 200lbs. Like I said earlier, I'm not particularly strong. Never had much reason to be.

Pic related, I'm the anon who posted this last night with the single sentence "I'm not even that strong"

It kills me to see the amount of threads people make daily about spilling the spaghetti out of their compression pants. Real talk, if a lot of guys went after girls with the same level of confidence they approach LoL or Dota with, all their problems with women would be solved.

At least until the novelty of pussy vanished and they want to play vidya all day again but it pisses their gf off
>>
>>37407799
But I don't even have the confidence to play LoL
>>
>>37407923
You + the confidence you feel when you do something you're good at = winning

If you can't do that, fake it til you make it.

If that doesn't work JUST DO IT and the above two approaches become their own habits (speaking from experience)

Trust me my man, I've fucked up more opportunities to get laid than I've ever gotten laid. But the first few times I scored, it only happened because I swung the bat. No swag necessary!

Also lower your standards and work up. Big girls, ugly girls, and big, ugly girls will work wonders at laying a solid foundation for your confidence.

If you've got balls just find a black girlfriend. Black girls know how to play all levels of the game but come with the added benefit of not dealing with your shit if you start whining or let yourself grow stagnant. Real talk.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.