[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting very annoyed with all the fat shaming threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: naafa.png (852 KB, 811x611) Image search: [Google]
naafa.png
852 KB, 811x611
I'm getting very annoyed with all the fat shaming threads as of lately, every day there is a new one with over 300 replies.
What bothers me isn't you laughing at fat people, I suppose it's just human nature to look down on others to make yourself feel better.
What bothers me is the sheer ignorance you display.

Genetics do factor in when it comes to obesity, A LOT.
You morons are either:
1) too dense to comprehend this or
2) simply will not accept scientific truth when it goes against your beliefs.
But you will straight out of the bat accept statements such as "ARNOLD HAD GREAT GENES FOR BUILDING MUSCLE", yet with obesity obviously it's 100% the fatties fault.

For example: Bell, C. G., Walley, A. J., & Froguel, P. (2005). The genetics of human obesity. Nature reviews. Genetics, 6(3), 221–34. doi:10.1038/nrg1556
demonstrated between 0.4 and 0.8 GENETIC heritability of obesity.
How about that?

Oh what am I thinking, you will just hide your head in the sand and yell "fatty" or whatever, Yes I am a bit fat, but guess what, it's not a 100% my fault. Just like it's not a 100% fault that you are a DYEL hungry skeleton auschwitz.

Your genes matter and so do mine.
>>
>>37404251
Yeah. Keep telling that to yourself fatty.
>>
You don't seem to have a problem with Skelly shaming, do you fatty?
This is bait anyway so whatever
>>
>>37404251
And yes, it is your genes to blame. You can do nothing about it.
You are going to be fat forever.
>>
File: 1422971497626.jpg (311 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1422971497626.jpg
311 KB, 600x600
>>37404251
>>
>>37404251

"Factor in" doesn't automatically lead to obesity. Some people might have to eat more to gain weight, and some less, whatever. Work with what nature gave you is the only thing that matters. Blaming your genetics does NOTHING. Cancer is genetic, but we don't accept it, why would we? We are sympathetic towards it, but not accepting. If a cancer patient would refuse treatment AND THEN blame genetics, why would we be either sympathetic or accepting? Fuck off.
>>
>>37404342

Also, weight is something you can change, getting cancer, not so much, which proves my point even further. No one looks down on an obese person trying to lose weight, but if you sit on your ass and eat 10 000 kcal and blame genetics, why the fuck would we ever accept you? You're like a person with SELF-INDUCED cancer who refuses treatment and want people to accept and have sympathy for you.
>>
>>37404251
Good point, fatty. Just kys now since you'll never be thin because genetics.
>>
>>37404251
Same bait every week like clockwork for years, with the same picture, and people still falling for it. Get your shit together
>>
>>37404251
The fact that genetics are a mere factor means that fatties can still push for a goal in fitness.
>>
File: afaan.png (828 KB, 811x611) Image search: [Google]
afaan.png
828 KB, 811x611
>>37404276
>>37404283
>>37404297
>>37404310
>>37404342
>>37404381
>>37404381
>>37404399
>>37404402
>>37404414

1) too dense to comprehend
>>
>people falling for the bait

kys newfags
>>
>>37404251
Genetics do play a role, but I really don't think americans are the fattest people on earth because american genetics are worse than everyone else's. It's because they have too much money to spend on fucking mcdonalds and kfc.
>>
>>37404251

Oh look it's this copy pasta again.

Let's see how summer it is now.
>>
>>37404251
So... literally evolution?
>>
I think obesity is more of a psychological and hormonal red flag than a genetic predisposition or a simple lack of willpower as many will say here.

Dieting can cause binge restrict cycles which fuck with your hormones and lead to feelings of uncontrollable eating and then feeling like a failure and repeat ad nauseum. Mice that are fed a restrictive diet then given uncontrolled access to food will regain their weight. See the Minnesota starvation experiment for this in humans. I became anorexic through a long period of intense restriction and started binge eating shortly after that.

Alternatively there is emotional eating in which the person is wearing their problem but not asking themselves and resolving the question: why is overeating my solution to X? Why am I eating to comfort myself? Etc.

I've been obese, a skeleton, and now I'm stuck in chubby zone perma-cut zone because I still binge eat once or twice per week. There's only one thing I know for sure. Dieting to lose weight doesn't fucking work long term because the logic of that statement is this:
Problem: I am fat and need to lose weight
Solution: restrict intake temporarily to lose weight

The real problem is this:
Problem: I do not have a normal healthy relationship with food

This problem doesn't get addressed, the dieter regains weight.
>>
>>37404251

This is pasta, guys. Disregard.
>>
So do with them
what we did with the Jews?
I don't think i get what your saying
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.