[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>goto the only gym within reasonable distance of my location
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>goto the only gym within reasonable distance of my location at 5:30am hoping to have the squat rack free to myself
>2 fat butch lesbians half squatting 1 plate for 45minutes while I wait around and eventually just use the leg press instead

Yeah I can't deal with that shit anymore, I've decided to make the switch to a home gym. What's the minimum and max I should spend?
>>
File: IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg (448 KB, 792x760) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg
448 KB, 792x760
>>37402731
Spend as little as possible buy used commercial equipment and get equipment of ebay where people have bought it and never used it i got

£90 multi gym was £400
£550 tredmill was £7000+
£125 squat rack new
£140 barbell and weights new
£98 adjustable dumbells
£50 bench
£120 rubber matting
£250 spinn bike

its up to you what u want just buy weights if u don't do cardio. weights don't usually loose money so you may as well buy new when on offer
>>
>>37402753
Nice man
>>
>>37402753

cheers brehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>37402753
>>37402775
if you buy the cheap cvardio equipment the argos type stuff you wont use it because the commercial stuff adsorbs shock better and the stronger motor will be able to function properly. i had a cheap £250 treadmill and the belt would stick when running and im 80kg.
>>
>>37402773
>>37402775
thanks
been close to joining a gym for the woodway curve
>>
>>37402731
It's good that you kept those feelings inside.
Do never ask anyone how many sets they have left. Keep it taboo senpai
>>
>>37402731
> gym has only one squat rack

not even squat stands? anything? what kind of shitty gym do you go to?
>>
Powerrack (new)
Bench (used)
Barbell (new)
Plates (used)

all you need
everything else is icing on the cake
>>
>>37402753
>£550 tredmill was £7000+
Mirin hard, how did you manage get a deal like that?
>>
What do you need to look for when buying a barbell and weights. Can anyone recommend a set?
>>
>>37405435
Rippeltits has a really good video on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0eStYs3j0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaFpGrZBnrE
>>
>>37405435
If you are just starting I would go cheap. Use it for a while, then buy better equipment after you make sure you aren't going to stop using it like the majority of normies.

I started with this 300lb CAP set (2x45, 2x35, 2x25, 2x10, 4x5, 2x2.5 1 bar) from a local sporting goods place. Cost me ~150, bought a cheap bench& squat station for ~100.
>>
>>37405553
Okay thanks. I just got a bench and a squat rack as a gift from my Dad. I didn't really expect it so now I'm trying to assemble everything else
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.