[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saturated fat. Should we be avoiding it or supplementing it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: president-butter-salted-108224.jpg (31 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
president-butter-salted-108224.jpg
31 KB, 200x200
Saturated fat. Should we be avoiding it or supplementing it?
>>
File: 1459665997936.gif (1021 KB, 375x212) Image search: [Google]
1459665997936.gif
1021 KB, 375x212
>>37399703
A V O I D

For fuck's sake how hard is it to grasp that ~10 g of saturated fat a day is enough to keep your test at a normal level without destroying your heart?
>>
>>37399717
More fat = more test = more gains

Nice try mr goldberg
>>
>>37399995
You do realize there's a limit, right? Eating a stick of butter isn't going to make you Schwarzenegger, it's going to make you deadnegger
>>
You should be eating whole foods that have keep you full.
>>
I eat lots of coconut oil, grass fed butter, and cream. All high in saturated fat. Also delicious.

I avoid trans fats though.
>>
avoid avoid avoid
all fat is bad ('healthy fat' is a nu-meme propagated by doctors, hospitals and big pharma to get more people fat and dependent. obese people constantly in hospital and on medications are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. millions when disaster strikes.)
but saturated is terrible
it pretty much guarantees a heart attack down the line

stick to a low-fat diet based on lean protein, and healthy whole grains carbohydrates for optimum health
>>
>>37399703

I try to keep saturated fats under 7% of my calories since dietitians aren't sure if it's good or bad for you and I want to be on the safe side of the fence.
>>
>>37399703
NEITHER

Dont avoid it.
Dont suppliment it.

Limit it.

Dont eat butter and cheese on everything.

But dont run away fromeverything with saturated fat.

Just eat .35g/lb fats per lb bodyweight, and limit your sat fats to a reasonable daily intake.
>>
>>37400391
>>37399703
grass fed butter is full of nutrients
>>
>it's a "saturated fat is bad" thread
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>37400558
yup, just keep eating low fat, and keep exercising, you'll stay healthy
>>
>>37400558
>not getting omega 3 fatty acids from his reese's puffs
But seriously, it's not good to throw out egg yolks. Even though I like the whites more myself, I eat the food I buy.
>>
>>37400604
tell me about it.
no, really.
lets see that precious nutrient density.
>>
http://www.cochrane.org/CD011737/VASC_effect-of-cutting-down-on-the-saturated-fat-we-eat-on-our-risk-of-heart-disease

>We found 15 studies with over 59,000 participants. The evidence is current to March 2014. Thereviewfound that cutting down on saturated fat led to a 17% reduction in theriskofcardiovasculardisease (including heart disease and strokes), but no effects on theriskof dying. Thereviewfound no clear health benefits of replacing saturated fats with starchy foods or protein. Changing the type of fat we eat, replacing saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats, seems to protect us better, reducing ourriskof heart andvascularproblems. The greater the decrease in saturated fat, and the more serum total cholesterol is reduced, the greater the protection. People who are currently healthy appear to benefit as much as those at increasedriskof heart disease or stroke (people with high blood pressure, high serum cholesterol or diabetes, for example), and people who have already had heart disease or stroke. There was no clear difference in effect between men and women.

I don't limit it personally, but I only get it from real, whole foods like eggs and dairy and meat. I also eat a lot of nuts, seeds, and fish. I also eat 60+g fiber a day

If you're getting it from McDonalds and Mac'n'cheese of course it's going to kill you
>>
File: 1.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>throw away egg yolks
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.