[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lurker from /b/, what's a good amount of time that I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 50383-1-jpg.jpg (37 KB, 627x412) Image search: [Google]
50383-1-jpg.jpg
37 KB, 627x412
lurker from /b/, what's a good amount of time that I can remain seated in front of my computer consecutively without being unhealthy?
I assume obviously I gotta walk around for like 10-30 minutes after that period before I can sit again?
>>
>>37396282
Take a break every hour to stretch/walk around. The break doesnt need to be longer than 5 minutes either
>>
>>37396282
I use to spend a lot of time beacuse of my job but i work at home and i hang from a pullup bar every 15m, but in your case as long as you do some kind of demanding physical activity i guess you shouldn't worry that much, the less you spend sitting the better, also keep a good posture, that can be also very bad for your health
>>
xDDDDD we r legion
>>
>>37396599
I wish I could spend less, but I need a lot of time working on my programming skills
>>
>>37396585
Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to do so :D
>>
>>37396629
I also program but on a high level, now i'm learning python, when i don't know how to make some codes i get up walk a while, hang from the pullup bar, and for the time i return to the computer my mind is a bit clearer, my only recommendation is to spend as little as possible in the computer, hope it helps
>>
>>37396655
> :D
Are you sure you are from /b?
>>
>>37397279
Some schools are out for summer already
>>
>>37396585
Exactly the advice I was going to give. Every hour on the hour I stand up and do five minutes of simple stretches.

But there's not a lot of research on this specifically. And it'd be hard to get good data too, because what little we do have speaks to relatively subtle effects over very long periods.
Even the exact evidence about sitting versus standing versus levels of physical activity is a little mixed.

Some researchers believe that more than four hours sitting per day, in any combination, is bad for your long term health. Others believe that that's overstated, and that as long as you sit with good posture and are otherwise healthy and active.

That picture isn't quite ideal though.
Hand resting during pauses in keying should be on a palm rest, not the table, because otherwise it's too tempting to bend the wrists.
And optimally, the entire seat should be able to tilt back, about 30°, retaining a 90° angle between back rest and the seat itself. This prevents all of the weight of your torso and upper body from pushing down onto the pelvis, but also prevents your lower body from sliding forward which causes destructive slouching. There should be a slightly forward tilted headrest to support the head as it's angled forward. Feet should still be flat and supported, and there should still not be too much pressure on the backs of your knees (this necessitates either a very low minimum height, or a foot stool).
>>
File: stop2.gif (982 KB, 270x177) Image search: [Google]
stop2.gif
982 KB, 270x177
>>37397196
>high level
>python
>>
>>37397820
>doesn't know the actual meaning of high level vs low level
It doesn't mean harder to learn, idiot.
>>
>>37396585
make sure to actually walk around, not just stand at the counter waiting for your coffee/tea to brew or microwave to finish
>>
at work, I'm up & down all day. I try to get up at least once an hour to piss like a racehorse due to all the water I drink. Also, pullup bar in the door so I can hang & decompress the spine.

At home 3 sessions with gravity boots in the rack daily. In the morning, when I get home, and post workout or before bed.

Also, yoga. Bitches think it makes you sensitive. It just makes my back feel better
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.