[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Never really played sport as a kid >Trying to play team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: jamie 2.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
jamie 2.jpg
403 KB, 1920x1082
>Never really played sport as a kid
>Trying to play team sports with friends now as an adult
>realise that because i didnt train from child my hand eye coordination is completely outclassed
wut do? Am I fucked? Can you even improve hand eye coordination significantly as an adult?
>>
Spend some time playing video games like rock band or try to learn an instrument, I never played sports but my hand-eye coordination is on point just from vidya. Other than that practice practice practice.
>>
you can always improve by working hard, but you're right, you'll never compete with people who train from child. does it matter, though? when you play sport as an adult you're not doing it to become a world champion. it's just a social thing.
>>
>>37379971
Practice

Put the hours in an you'll develop muscle memory and coordination
>>
>>37380001
Video games do not help in ANYTHING. Do not believe redditors claiming otherwise.

An instrument can help somewhat, but not so much in sports coordination
>>
>>37380131
>>37380001
OP here
>used to play music
>played lots of video games
it doesnt help

only thing that has helped is lifting. I was slightly more coordinated after lifting which kind of surprised me.

Is the solution just to lift more?

>>37380118
>>37380048
I'm not planning to get on a world level but just on a decent level. Problem is almost everyone who still plays this sport as an adult played it from child
>>
I've played sports all my life and my hand-eye is still shit
>>
>>37380175
I pick up new sports fairly regularly. Started playing badminton a couple of years ago and I've picked up cricket recently. I mostly do it for the social aspect but it doesn't take long to get fairly decent if you aren't a complete spastic.
>>
>>37380175
We're you actually GOOD at playing music? It only really helps in coordination when you can play beefheart tabs or some shit

Playing a G chord does not count
>>
File: fromgip.gif (350 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
fromgip.gif
350 KB, 500x211
>>37379971
JUGGLING!

My sis wanted to learn juggling and bought some sack cube toys. She left them behind at my house and I used them for a week. It took about 3-4 hours (on and off) to get the pattern down. I only did up to 5 catches. But I was seriously improving. Also got a good cardio workout picking up the sacks every 5 seconds. Proof of HandEye Coordination? I dropped 2 supplement bottles and caught them with pure instinct. I reacted with joy. Also seeing how quickly I was improving with juggling in under a week, left my mind with positive thoughts. My sister took them back though, and I am gonna buy my own.
>>
>>37380206
>but it doesn't take long to get fairly decent if you aren't a complete spastic.
>if you aren't a complete spastic.
well shit

>>37380212
never played guitar, I'd say I was mediocre to decent. I wouldnt say I was bad though.

>>37380235
I might try this

Any particular tips for stick/ racquetsports?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.