[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ my gym "partners" are nowhere near as consistent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1453355136958.jpg (12 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
1453355136958.jpg
12 KB, 259x365
/fit/ my gym "partners" are nowhere near as consistent as I am. One is just one of those "oh this weekend i'll start" and the other says he can't lift cause he does boxing. Any suggestions? What should I tell my plebs for friends to get them to stop being faggots and lift already?
>>
>gym partners

reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>37379720
Don't bother. Lifting without them would be less hassle anyways.
>>
>>37379720
YOU cant force them to lift unfortunately. Just let them tag along. Lift like you normally do and be happy that you have training partners few times a week with you. Best days to have em are chest and arms day anyways..
>>
>>37379720
Just skype with someone who's lifting.
>>
Unless any of them are strong and motivate you by being better than you, keep in mind that the useless, weak, undisciplined lifter who doesnt know anything about optimizing or the science behind things, only serves as an easy spot.
>>
I've trained for 4 years without a gym partner, they're only gonna hold you back. If you need a spot, ask someone nearby.
>>
What the hell do you need a spot for?

Just bench in a power rack or half-rack that has spotter arms.

Why does everyone on this shitty imageboard need their hand held with everything?
>>
>>37380092
Not all gyms have a power rack...
>>
>>37380188
not even a half rack?

what kind of gym do you goto? Literally find a new one
>>
>>37380092

You don't need a rack to bench either if you just roll of shame it out and and dont suicide grip.

Or don't use clips and ditch the weight if it goes south.
>>
>>37380203
I'm not too bothered about finding a new gym just because it doesn't have a power rack, if I need a spot I'll ask someone to spot me. I'm still dumbbell pressing 130's if there's no power rack or half rack lol.
>>
>>37380225
>roll of shame

have fun doing that with 120kg on your chest lmao

the roll of shame is for dyel's benching 60kg or less
>>
>>37380244

Then don't use clips. If it works for candito it will probably work for you.
>>
>>37380264
LOL

the last time I saw a guy roll of shame a 2 plate bench without clips the right side plates fell off and sent the left side plates flying across the gym

never fucking suggest someone does that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.