[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best exercise for strength training and why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (273 KB, 558x385) Image search: [Google]
image.png
273 KB, 558x385
What's the best exercise for strength training and why is it the clean and press?
>>
File: kbcollage.jpg (38 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
kbcollage.jpg
38 KB, 600x333
>>37379595
They both tire me out at roughly the same rate but the dead snatch is my favorite because I feel it in my legs more.
>>
>>37379647

I'll have to incorporate that into my routine to test it out.

I've just noticed how my lifts have gone up since I started doing the clean and press with the barbell.
>>
>>37379595
A Curtis P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uog9VlurBVQ
just do a hundred every day and you'll see the results soon
>>
>>37379715
Have any other favorites? I'd love to add two more (one single kettlebell and one double kettlebell) exercises into my routine.

Currently I do:

Single:
-Squat w/ racked kb, to standing press, to squat w/racked kb x 10/arm
-Clean and Press x 10/arm
-Grounded kb raised to chest with elbows above shoulders x 20
-Dead Snatch x 10/arm

Double:
-Stand w kb down in each hand, hands out to sides, slowly bring hands together, hands out to sides, down x 10
-Renegade Row x 10/arm
-Unlocked-elbow overhead hold and squat x 10
-Unlocked-elbow windmill stretch x 10/arm
>>
>>37379595
You could hurt yourself doing that.
>>
>>37379790

With Kettlebell:
Turkish get-ups

Medicine ball:
Shot-put
Russian Twists
Inclined sit-ups
Axe swings

Free Weight:
Hyper Extentions
>>
>>37379903
That axe swing looks pretty awesome. I'll give it a try later today.
>>
>>37379803
yeah I know a guy who tore his rotator cuff pretty badly doing it with a kettle bell like in OP image
>>
>>37379803
>>37380114

The only way you can really get hurt doing exercises like these are if you're using weights that are too heavy or if you're performing the move wrong.
>>
>>37380422
That is the only way you can hurt yourself doing pretty much any exercise
>>
>>37381562

That's kind of the point. Saying you are going to get hurt doing these things is silly.
>>
>>37379595
>kettlebells
Otherwise I might agree
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.