[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mp/ Meal Prep General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: CAM00108.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
CAM00108.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Gonna start one everyday or so.

I will try to keep this alive everyday.

So guys, how is your meal prep going? Do you guys prep for the oncoming day the night before? Do you prep for the week? What do you add to the mix to keep it interesting? Any recipes you have made that are interesting and healthy?

I am a fatty who wants to lose the weight, and I finally realized that diet does the most work than anything else. Plus, it keeps me away from being stuck to the TV.

Post your meal prep here, post your stories, what you jam out to as you prep, etc etc. Help fellow anons out!
>>
File: 1454055771260.jpg (436 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
1454055771260.jpg
436 KB, 1126x1001
>>37374916
Any good infographics on meal prep?
>>
>>37374941
I barely got into this man, and Im going to try and stay consistent. Apparently the USDA has good infographs on their online website.
>>
I'm also quite interested in this. It seems like something I'd be into doing.
>>
>>37375008
It took me about an hour of cleaning and stuff to prep two portions of fruit for the snacking hours of my day. Im currently prepping some veggies (steamed), and i plan to cook some chicken i had lying around for about a month (it was frozen).

I have burned through 2 Sun Kil Moon albums. Its great fun, and opens your eyes to the boring, old kitchen.
>>
>>37374916
How big is the difference between chicken breast and chicken thighs? I know the breast is better for you but jesus christ I hate eating it
>>
>>37375169
You would need to get a scale, and then weigh and see the difference. Probably a slight difference, but you can make up any protein you missed with nuts, milk, or something else. Eat whatever you like, just in portion.
>>
>>37375169
Thighs have more fat I think, thats why breasts are the go to cut
>>
>>37375169
I find thighs to be gamier in terms of taste, but there's a lot of good slow-cooker recipes for boneless / skinless thighs that aren't garbage, so I recommend it for that. Only problem is that it's about the same price as breasts.
>>
God I wish the kitchen was mine so I could meal prep properly.
>>
>>37374916

I like to separate meat out into portions that are the size I will use for cooking before freezing it. Frozen vegetables are also a nice way to have some on hand.

Sometimes when I'm lazy I will make a lot of soup with high protein and a variety of vegetables and make that most of 2-3 of my meals that day. I usually eat a few small meals each day. Another thing I like to do is make stir fry with extra rice. Cook some extra chicken, or whatever meat, and separate that for later.

That way the next morning I can make fried rice the next morning. Just steam some vegetables and tear up the chicken. Mix the chicken, veggies, and some cooked rice into a bowl. I probably use about a cup or rice. ANy more and you will need another egg. Season it and add a bit of soy sauce and olive oil. Use olive oil to start frying an egg. Lightly scramble it. When the bottom just starts to cook dump in the rice mix and mix it well. Cover it and cook it until the egg is done and everything is warm. It's a fairly quick yet healthy and hardy breakfast that will get you ready for a workout.

>>37375169
Thighs are more fatty and usually a little cheaper just because people don't want them as much for that reason.

To make chicken breasts better, don't just eat the chicken breast by itself. Use it as a part of something. It also helps to marinade it. Let it soak in spices and juice for a few hours to a day ahead of time. Try cutting it into strips then marinading it in bourbon and southern spices. Then have it with beans and you have a high protein meal. You could also marinade it in lime juice and taco seasoning, then cut it up and use it for lean tacos.
>>
>>37374916
Is that the lid that thing comes with? I snagged mine from an Asian girl on move out day from college, but it had a crock pot lid or something with it. It boils over constantly.
>>
>>37375294
Rice cookers have a lid. That traps the steam and lets it cook properly.
>>
>>37375294
I lost my rice lid thingy.

Just ate some leftover steamed veggies that didnt fit into the Tupperware.
What should i eat in the morning? Cereal or just some plain milk and banana?
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Kinetic-Glasslock-Rectangular-Container-55083/dp/B00V3K8REC

GOAT individual meal prep dishes. They are expensive but well worth it IMO. They don't wear out like the plastic ones do.
I buy a six pack of chicken breasts and throw 'em in the crock pot all day. Then throw rice and veggies in the steamer, separate it all out into six dishes and freeze.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37375312
It has a lid, but I don't think it's the one it came with originally. It's really just good for a dorm room; a pot and stove works just as good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.