[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the biggest problem you had to overcome while starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1376769086752.jpg (324 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1376769086752.jpg
324 KB, 1383x1600
What was the biggest problem you had to overcome while starting to work out?

How did you overcome it?
>>
>Kyphosis

It's getting slightly better. Still upsets me I can't and won't ever deadlift
>>
tight as fuck IT bands and bad squat form

foam rolling and lots of practice
>>
Anxiety, tight hip flexors and really shitty joints that would hurt all the time especially shoulders

Fixed anxiety by JUST DOING IT.
Fixed shoulders with various stretches.
Working on the rest.
>>
>>37356416
>starting to work out?
Just starting out? No fucking problems, everything is easy as shit when you just start out. With the possible exception of a couple of very technical exercises.
It's when you're more experienced and results are hard to come by and you have nagging pains and injuries you have to work around - that's when the big problems happen.
>>
File: 1450800234753.jpg (64 KB, 599x546) Image search: [Google]
1450800234753.jpg
64 KB, 599x546
Telling my mama I'm bulking, and then food comas.
>>
Fucked up my chest doing only machine bench for the first few months and going way too heavy. Not sure what exactly it was, but the sides of my pectorals hurt like fuck whenever i did any chest exercise for like 4 years.

When I got back into it, I did SS the right way, but learned I can't keep to a 3/week schedule. It's so much easier if I just go daily, for some reason
>>
>>37356416
>What was the biggest problem you had to overcome while starting to work out?
Not being able to leave humanity behind

>How did you overcome it?
Steroids
>>
>>37356416
not knowing what i wanted. Still dont know but im just lifting :^/
>>
hungry skellie
I carry tupperwares everywhere
>>
>>37356434
lol shouldnt you be in a wheelchair mr hunchback?
>>
Anxiety of actually going.
I ended up forcing myself to either go with someone or just go immediately after school/work and only do one thing at least. For the latter I would be like well I'm already started, might as well do it all.

Also bench press alone. I figured I could just do whatever and eventually one time I went a little too heavy alone. barely made it out Asked a guy to spot me one time and he scared the shit out of me
>>
Soreness and proper nutrition
>>
Working out with DOMS

Not being a little bitch
>>
i have really severe depression but cannot kill myself due to guilt from my baptist family.

I have extreme mood changes on a regular basis so i keep to my self as to not inconvenience strangers :^)

>injured lower back and i have no idea when
>no deadlifts or squats for awhile
>i'm sorry body
>>
File: 1457828690471.jpg (26 KB, 251x330) Image search: [Google]
1457828690471.jpg
26 KB, 251x330
>>37358301
>injured lower back and i have no idea when

I know this feel man.

>start lifting 6 months ago
>constantly watch my form, very afraid of injuries
>lower back pain out of nowhere
>squats and deadlifts aggravate the hell out of it
>it gets worse over time, despite stopping deadlifts and squats
>every time I bend over too far it flares up
>not enough money to visit a doctor

God is fucking me
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.