[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can farmer walks actually help fix a bad posture? Can they strengthen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: farmers-walk-handles-web3.jpg (314 KB, 1000x909) Image search: [Google]
farmers-walk-handles-web3.jpg
314 KB, 1000x909
Can farmer walks actually help fix a bad posture? Can they strengthen the key muscles in the upper back that apparently have no strength on me which causes my shoulder anterior shoulder problems?
>>
>>37355001
>Can farmer walks actually help fix a bad posture?

no, in fact they can produce them AND horrible back problems as when you are walking with a hundred pounds below your waist in hand your Back/spine twists and bends to accomodate the weight
>>
>>37355001
Farmer walks strengthen the traps, which pull your shoulders up. To pull your shoulders back, you want to strengthen your rhomboids and posterior delts, which you can do with pull ups, face pulls, and wide grip bent over rows.
>>
>>37355113
To add to this, I'd say standing dumbbell OHP. Because my shoulders are rounded, I had the initial tendency to want to let my elbows flare back when I did this. Don't let them do that, and keep them in front of your body. You will feel it in your weakened back and shoulder muscles.

We're both gonna beat this posture shit, bro. We're gonna make it.
>>
>>37355212
Should I pinch my shoulder blades when doing these with

dumbbells? Haven't started these yet but dont

want to fuck up my posture.
>>
>>37355212
OHP works the anterior and medial delts as well as the traps at the top of the movement. This will not help somebody whose anterior delts are already pulling their shoulders forward.

>>37355246
Yes, you should pinch the shoulders.
>>
>>37355113
How good is this exercise for forearms and grip strength? I've never seen anyone other than myself do these and I haven't been lifting long enough to get a good sense of how much if any difference they make. Is this a worthwhile exercise or am I wasting my time?
>>
>>37355001
this, backpacking and lat pull downs have helped my shoulders alot. they all teach you to retract the scapula and externally rotate the shoulders (aka "puff your chest out"). that guys form is shit dont lean forward like him.

you know youre doing it right if you ferp the sorenese in ur upper back and glutes/hamstrings
>>
>>37355291
Good. Much better with real handles than if you try to carry dumbbells.
>>
>>37355113
walks contract the middle and lower traps and lengthen the upper traps, which helps if u have "no traps syndrome" aka chronically elevated shoulders from bad posture.

>>37355335
feel* not ferp
>>
>>37355335
How long should I do these? LIke 1min/2min per set or how does it work?
>>
>>37355021
This. Snap city imminent

>mfw retards actually do a walk
>>
>>37355386
pick something you think you can handle carrying then walk as far as you can or do as many laps as u can depending on how much space u have to carry them. then either increase weight or distance/laps carried.

great endurance exercise
>>
>>37355386

Find a fuarkin heavy weight and then start walkin'
>>
>>37355291
Heavy farmer walks are god-tier for forearms, but I think most lifters feel they get enough forearm work out of their other lifts, especially if they're deadlifting.

Hey, I never see anyone other than myself stretch before and after lifting, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. Same applies to farmer walks.
>>
>>37355335
>ferp the sorenese
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>37355462
see
>>37355374
>>
>>37355021
Just like how squats and deadlifts fuck up you back too right? :^)
>>
>>37355113
>dip machine
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.