[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Warming up Can someone redpill me on this? Is it actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1272724154693.jpg (409 KB, 584x775) Image search: [Google]
1272724154693.jpg
409 KB, 584x775
>Warming up

Can someone redpill me on this? Is it actually beneficial or is it a waste of time?
>>
The best way to warm up is to first do your one rep max. This way your body is used to heavier load and when you do your 5 rep maxes; the weight won't seem too heavy. Eventually after the one rep max; you'll decrease to 3 rep max, then finally do your 5 rep max.
>>
>>37340859
do you know how I know you do not move a lot?
>>
>>37340873
^this
>>
>>37340859
maybe you should start using the word "redpill" incorrectly first you fucking newshit
>>
>>37340859
I just started doing warm-ups into my SL sets. It was helpful for my squat, but I think my OHP and DL suffered for it. My 3pl8 DL was fucking hard as shit.
>>
>>37340880
If I'm already warm and sweaty from squats then why do I need to do a warmup for every other exercise?

You fucking baboons neeed to use your brains once in a while.
>>
I do a light walk, abs and sometimes a pre-exhaustion exercise like hamstring curl before squats to fire up lagging parts, warm up synovial fluid, joints and tendons and increase blood flow.
>>
I drop down one plate for warm ups just to make sure my form is on point before doing something heavy and potentially fucking myself up.
>>
>>37340859
Purely anecdotal but I can lift heavier when I do pyramid sets. I'm dyel AF though.
>>
>>37340966
>What are different motor patterns?
>What is good form?
>>
>>37342184
It's a time sink.

Is one warmup set good enough? Why do there need to be multiple warmup sets that ramp up to the work set?
>>
>>37340859
Nah, it's pointless, OP. Just load up your 1RM directly to save some time.
>>
>>37342237
What about for a 5x5 program? I've been thinking about doing Bloho's program but it's already long as it is. A bunch of useless warmup sets will just make it longer.
>>
>>37340859
http://www.nsmi.org.uk/articles/injury-prevention/warming-up.html

there is an enormous body of evidence supporting warmups, for all types of physical activity.
Do you think professional athletes do them to fuck around?
Olympians will spend 20-40minutes warming up and stretching before comp
>>
>>37342205
>Is one warmup set good enough?

It can be. I tend to do 3-4:
>bar x5
>135 or 225 depending on the lift x3
>60% of my max for the day x5
>70% of my max for the day x3

>Why do there need to be multiple warmup sets that ramp up to the work set?

There doesn't NEED to be but I find that if I work up to a given weight that it's a lot easier than trying to approach it cold. Further it's not like your warmup sets don't count towards volume for hypertrophy purposes and like it or not hypertrophy will make you stronger.
>>
>>37342254
What about multiple warmup sets before each exercise? Isn't it excessive?
>>
>>37342248
Skip the warm-ups. They're for pussies.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.