[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
squat 5x5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
18 KB, 300x300
hey /fit/ iv been doing 5x5 for about 2 months now techincly a year but kept missing it up but got my weight up to 100 pounds and my knees seem to keep going over my toes anybody help for this? i wear weight lifting shoes btw i cant really see what people mean by pushing your hips back if i try that i just bend my back
>>
>>37335056
Wtf are you asking, you fucking moron?
>>
>>37335156
how to squat proper cuz knees keep going over toes and cant psuh hips back
>>
>>37335215
there's literally nothing wrong with having your knees going over your toes
>>
>>37335235
Wait really
>>
>>37335235
i know but i feel a slight pain in my knee as if im doing it wrong and sometimes my lower back
>>
Push your hips forward, not back. Pretend there's a girl in front of you that you're trying to fuck.

And your knees should be going directly over your toes.
>>
Download a copy of starting strength, it will help you get your form perfect on squats.
He devotes like 15 pages to squat form. No way you can still squat stupid after reading it.
>>
>>37335291
hips forward how in the dom dibadone fuck do i do that?
>>
>>37335312
i read that i think or it was the 5x5 french guy but i think whats messing me up is my squatting shoes because i think i can normly squat when im not wearing any shoes sucks tho cuz there made for weight lifting
>>
>>37335237
>>
you type like a fuckin 13 year old.
I bet you are too.
>>
Watch any fucking Olympic lifting videos. Knees over toes is fine.
>>
>>37335324
5x5 website doesn't spend so much time on teaching form.
Just download and read the SS pdf... It will really cover it all.
>>
if this isn't a troll, and if you're doing low bar squats, then sit back as far as you can, don't worry about keeping your torso upright, it will come forward. if you can't seem to stop overbalancing forward and having your knees go beyond your feet, then you probably have tight hamstrings and hips and you should make it a high priority to look up how to stretch those areas.
>>
okay so I can do a high bar squat perfectly fine but its only if im not wearing shoes so do I wear shoes when squatting? or wear my running shoes
>>
should i do high bar or low bar /fit?
>>
>>37335473
it depends on your goals, and even then you're not limited to one or the other

>>37335458
don't wear running shoes because they are spongy, and if you wear spongy shoes when squatting then some of the force your body exerts on the bar will be spent in first compressing the sponginess. plus, if you can do squats without shoes only, then do it, but try a flat sole shoe like converse all stars or something if you are desperate to wear shoes in the gym
>>
>>37335056
look up alan thrall videos on form
>>
>>37335313
Tense your hamstrings and squeeze your glutes. Keep you lower back muscles tight to maintain stability.

Also, research anterior and posterior pelvic tilt
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.