[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would really appreciate some advice /fit/ >25yo >Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Shutin.jpg (159 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Shutin.jpg
159 KB, 640x480
Would really appreciate some advice /fit/

>25yo
>Never worked out in my life
>6'3 about 172lbs
>know nothing on how to start or what to do
>Major anxiety and depression, minor agoraphobia
>Pretty broke since I'm saving for an investment property, no cash to spare

Ideally I want to figure out a routine that requires almost no equipment that I could do in my apartment. My goal is to lose my love handles, get bigger shoulders and get to around 180 or 185.

I'm normally around the other boards so I figured you guys would be my best bet. Don't underestimate my ignorance, I literally know nothing.
>>
If you can't join a gym then retool your diet and do body weight exercises in your apartment or at a park or something. Go to YouTube and search for body weight exercises and do them. There might be some info graphics floating around with programming and stuff. But you should just do stuff everyday. Your diet will be most important
>>
>>37322558
Ok sounds good, but like I said I really don't know anything. I was hoping someone could help me point me in the right direction. I tried looking things up on my own and I just got overwhelmed. There's just so much information readily available that I can't separate the good from the bad. Could you recommend any good websites for figuring out a good diet?
>>
>>37322558
Also are there certain things I should absolutely be doing or just push ups, sit ups, and squats? I was also thinking about resistance bands since they are cheap and portable.
>>
>>37322606
The sticky man. It's full of great advice besides just things to do in a gym.
>>
>>37322606
Pull ups for back + biceps
Dips fro triceps + chest
Squats for legs

Can do pull ups on a tree branch
Dips on a counter top
Squats are squats

If you can't do bodyweight on those, buy some assistance bands
Once you can do bodyweight, put something heavy in a backpack and go again

aim for 3 - 5 sets until failure or 8 reps of each

Obviously, this is a fucking shit routine compared to weightlifting.
>>
READ THE STICKY
I
C
K
Y
>>
>lose my lovehandels
Losing fat anywhere is nutrition. You donneed to lift a single weight to do this.
Without proper nutrition and discipline you will f a i L
Find out your maintenance now and eat 500 calories less every day
No excuses.

Once you've lost weight think about strength training unless you want to be a useless weak fuck.

Spot reduction is not a thing. Your body decides where it stores and loses fat.

Also read the sticky you stupid little bitch. Count calories. Get a kitchen scale now. Like, order it right the fuck now and you better have amazon prime

Lifesum for calorie counting
>>
why do people treat this like their own personal trainer

there have been 1000 threads like this before OP, and there will be 1000 after this one too. and the advice to all of them is the same: READ THE FUCKING STICKY.
>>
Getting bigger shoulders is gonna be tricky with bodyweight exercises
>>
>>37323001
OP, this is the readable, easy and digestible advice you are looking for.
>>
>>37322520
>>25yo

>>saving for an investment property
Nice.
>>
>>37323047
Well here's the thing about the handles. I tend to fluctuate in weight alot and even when I was down to 160 I still had them. Is this still diet or just how my body is built or do I need to do ab stuff?
>>
>>37323056
I don't know, I thought that's kinda what went on here. And I will read the sticky!! Lol
>>
>>37323090
Thanks man, I'm like a quarter of the way to a down payment. Hopefully in another year and a half I'll be all set.
>>
>>37323068
not at all. there are well established training protocols out there which will deliver exactly that.

that's not meaning to say it won't take many years of discipline and borderline religious commitment, but anyone who can do a front lever. L-sit to handstand, iron cross or other advanced calisthenics movements always has shoulders which are leaps and bounds better than the rest of their body, besides maybe the abs.

free weights remains by far the best way to do get dem joocy delts though.

>>37323108
>i tend to fluctuate in weight
that is down to three things: metabolic fluctuation (which isn't very significant unless you have IBS or some other disorder), erratic caloric intake and inconsistency in your physical activity.

eat the same number of calories every day (500 less than what your body needs to maintain its body weight, taking into account your activity level, is the generally accepted deficit for maximum muscle retention and fat loss simultaneously), making sure that you eat at least a gram of protein for every pound of your bodyweight, and your love handles will be gone, unquestionably within an absolute maximum of 6 months, assuming you're not a fat shit. ab stuff is completely unrelated to your love handles. doing ab work may increase the size of the abdominals, which will give the illusion of fat loss on the gut by making the abs protrude through the layer of fat and skin more.
>>
>>37322627
Resistance bands are a meme for cardio bunnies and middle aged women. The non-constant force really fucks with your ability to train and are pretty useless.
>>
>>37322627
get yourself a doorway pull up bar (the type you could just hook on, like the Iron Gym one) and add in pull ups.

also, as soon as you can, transition to one-arm push ups. they're not as hard as you think and are infinitely better than push ups.

forget sit-ups - do L-sits instead, palms on the floor. progress to being able to do a full L-sit with flat palms, look up the progressions online.

don't do two legged squats if you can't load them properly (don't have a barbell and a rack? you can't load them properly), do pistol squats.

kick up against the wall (its scary at first) and do handstand push ups. you won't be able to do these straight away so look up the progressions for those as well.

look up bodyweight rows, too.

there you go - you have a vertical pull, a vertical push, a horizontal pull, a horizontal push, leg work and ab work. the best you can do with your bodyweight.

however, if a good looking body is your aim, this is a very inefficient way to go about getting one. its much better to join a gym or begin building and buying your own equipment (olympic barbell and plates including bumper plates, adjustable dumbbells, bench, power cage or squat rack)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.