[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bike tour thread. I am planing on doing a 200km road trip with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: gavere_disc_black_blue_angled.jpg (380 KB, 2046x1690) Image search: [Google]
gavere_disc_black_blue_angled.jpg
380 KB, 2046x1690
Bike tour thread.

I am planing on doing a 200km road trip with my bike.
I am driving my bike every day but usually don't go further than 40km.

So I am concerned with with water and food.
Should I eat anything at all, or just fruits?
With the water I am taking about 3L of water, 1L of fruit juice, BCAA and some Boosters (in case I get tired)

Your recommendations?

(pic related)
>>
>>>/n/
>>
>>37307658
You idiot. If you can read, it's totally related fitness

I think you should go back to R-eddit
>>
>>37307685
thanks mate
>>
>>37307639
Sounds kinda stupid...
Y dont you ride 100km before you atempt do do 200?
Second: 1half a loter per hour might be ok, but if its hot, you can double that number. First liter water, the rest of it should contain carbs/sugar. After 1 hour, take one gel every half hour. If you get hungry, take some cereal bars.
If its mostly flat, then cut down on the gels. But rmember. Cycling around 28km/h uses around 600-800 kcal and a gel comtsins around 150-300 kcals
>>
>200 km tour
Work out for a few months and you'll be able to do that in a day.

>I am driving my bike every day
Do you mean that you'll be riding every day, or that you will be loading your bike onto a car? It seems like you do not speak English well.

>I am concerned with with water and food.
You should be.

>Should I eat anything at all, or just fruits?
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think that you can ride 200 km at 40 km per day without eating?

>With the water I am taking about 3L of water, 1L of fruit juice, BCAA and some Boosters (in case I get tired)
The amount of water you need depends on where you are riding, and specifically the climate and the availability of refills. 3 L is a reasonable amount for 40 km if you don't know whether or not you'll be able to stop and refill. You'll also need lots of electrolytes. You push water through your system fast enough when you're cycling that you need to replenish electrolytes regularly. Gatorade is okay for this purpose, and is often the best thing available when you're touring, but the energy snacks and shots that are sold at bike shops are better. Leave the other stuff at home. 40 km is not a long ride.

Finally, >>37307658 is right. /n/ is better than /fit/ for cycling questions, including questions about nutrition and especially questions about hydration. Hydration is something that cyclists are required understand better than most /fit/izens.
>>
I suggest doing a 80-100 km ride first, seeing g how much food and water you need first. I usually burn 25-30 calories per km at 180 pounds. Bonking from bot enough food is a real thing. God speed
>>
>>37307832
God i hate typing on.a tablet, but it should be understandable. Last typo should be contains
>>
>>37307832
Ah lol. Didnt get that part about 40km per day.... thats nothing, one gel and some sugary water shouldmbe ok
>>
>>37307838
>>37307880

no I am riding 200km on that day.
my usual tours are about 40km.

why 200km? because its a holiday and I want to push my limits.
>>
>>37307903
A "tour" usually refers to a multi-day ride. A 40 km ride is not a tour. I suggest stepping up the length of your rides 15 km at a time. That way by the time you get to 200 km you'll know what you need to bring with you and how not to die of dehydration.
>>
>>37307903
Your ass and back will hurt. A lot. Told you. Do longer tours before you try 200km...
>>
>>37307932
Your ass and back should not hurt while you're on the bike. Back pain means your bike doesn't fit you, which is bad. Riding a bike that doesn't fit you is like lifting with bad form. You're not going to perform as well, and you risk injury. Ass tenderness is normal after a ride, but pain during a ride indicates that your saddle doesn't fit you, which is bad.
>>
>>37307932
I can always turn back or take the train.
No something I am concerned about.
>>
>>37307685
You've obviously never been to /n/

Anyway OP load on carbs for 2 days
don't drink plain water, go for gatorade or similar, water it down if you like, unless you want to get cramps, hell I'll just mix can of redbull with a liter of water
2 bottle cages with 800ml bottles should be enough between refills, unless it's super hot and you're riding through middle of nowhere
>implying
forget your backpack at home and refill as you go if possible
fill your pockets with energy gels and bars if you have cycling jersey, if you don't, get one, you won't ever go for a ride in tshirt after
you'll be going through a shitload of cals

Also 200 seems like big personal milestone, but in reality after 1-2 months of training it will seem like a breeze
>>
File: 1448800066235.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
1448800066235.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>37307903
>my usual tours are about 40km
>>
File: kek.jpg (7 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
7 KB, 209x200
>>37309547
When I first started biking, 40km seemed so much to me .
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.