[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am T-rex, mode due to life long biking and running. My upper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I am T-rex, mode due to life long biking and running. My upper body is tiny in comparison. I wan't to keep squatting because I read it helps the rest of your body to grow, but I don't want to get anymore size in my legs. If I do 1 rep for 5 sets at the heaviest I can go, will my legs stall in mass growth?
>>
>>37300835
So instead of making your upper body larger, you want to make your lower body smaller? Smart.
>>
>>37301059
That's not it, bro. I want to keep my legs the same size while continuing to gain strength and my upper body to progress at a normal rate.
Basically, will doing 1x5 avoid hypertrophy?
>>
your legs wont grow out of their natural limit in size
just get on a balanced lifting program so that you get your upperbody not weak
>>
File: Reg+Park+updated.png (295 KB, 1178x679) Image search: [Google]
Reg+Park+updated.png
295 KB, 1178x679
>>37301190
I'm doing Reg Park's after doing 6 months of Starting Strength. Doing squats every workout has me a little put off, though
>>
>>37301209
Im assuming your focus is muscle gain and appearance, and not strength since you posted that pic

you'd be fine if you drop the back squats and just do your deadlifts in B

do you still do running/biking? if yes then you have no business squatting so often, the progress will not even be maintainable after 2-3 months
but if you are not natural you might get away with it
>>
>>37301259
deadlifts in B, front squats in A**
>>
>>37301259
>>37301268
Okay cool, I'll continue with the front squats and deads and drop the back squats
>>
>>37300835
Bro you are t-rex mode not because your squat is high or high cycling it's because your bench is fucking weak and so are your presses.

Take it from a former t-rex that had his chest and upper body explode after hitting 2pl8 bench 1pl8 ohp for 5 reps.
>>
>>37301293
Damn, I hope so, I have really bad upper body but I can't stop making massive leg gains
>>
>>37301325
Look if you did Starting strength for 6 months and can no longer make gains session by session I would just do what I did and hop on the 4 day Texas method which is basically an every week pr upper/lower program as found in PPST3 (I would also recommend reading the book too, well worth the money spent on it and teaches you so much about how to tailor your programming ).

As much as I love rippletits but chest and shoulder gains at least for me need more volume.

But yeah some people are just good at the squat usually means you are good at benching too so there's that unless you've been a quarter squatting shitter.
>>
>>37300835
How much do you squat though?
>>
also
being fat and the body storing it in the legs =/= t-rex
keep that in mind
>>
Not OP but is there anything wrong with adding extra exercises?
>>37301209
For this, like chest flys on bench day and lateral raises on overhead press day?
>>
>>37301708
Not recommended
>>
Pics of your body op?
>>
>>37301708
Are you for real?
>>
>>37301708
ask in the routine thread
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.