[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think of tire workouts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
What does /fit/ think of tire workouts?
>>
I think they're re-TIRED
>>
They're wheely hard, but when Monday rolls around I always make myself incredibly tired doing them
>>
What does that even work out?
>>
>>37289592
perhaps beneficial for athletics requiring explosion... football, wrestling, MMA etc.

for your average training man, risking throwing out your back and looking like a retard flipping a tire around is not worth it for the negligible gains.

IMO tire flipping, cross fit, tough mudder... all that stuff is simply activity or just exercise. Not really training.
>>
>>37290827
So I should just stick to deadlifts and etc? I don't flip I stand in center, lift, walk five steps, repeat.
>>
Theyre pretty tiring desu senpai
>>
>>37289653
>>37289637
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>37290827
Crossfit is powerlifting and oly lifting as well you ignorant cuck.
Also tough mudder is an endurance sporting event like any other marathon or triathlon but guaged for the average American.
>>
>>37291861
Crossfit is shitty cardio and extra-shitty oly on top. A complete farce.
>>
>>37291868
Lmao then you know nothing about crossfit. Endurance WODs are meant for end of workout endurance shits and giggles. The majority of crossfit on lifting days is heavy weight training. Everything isn't time based unless you're going to compete and you do your heavy lifts and endurance separate.
>>
>>37291897
and what about those swinging pullups?
>>
>>37291944
Those are called butterflies, meant to be an endurance/core workout from stabilizing the body, just like kettlebell swings. It's not meant to be a pullups variation for lats because crossfit utilizes weighted pullups for that.
I feel like no one understands this ever and it's always a go-to argument against crossfit.
>>
>>37291993
So destroying your shoulders is a good way to do cardio and stabilize your core? Nice.
>>
File: 1447314051500.jpg (26 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
1447314051500.jpg
26 KB, 480x502
>>37291993
>>
>>37292134
>implying it has anywhere near the degenerative effects on shoulders as benching does
>>
>>37291897
>heavy weight training

you mean like 135lb deadlift for 30 reps?
or a 95lb squat for 20reps

no thanks lad I went to a crossfit gym to make sure I wasn't getting meme'd but all I saw was everything /fit/ told me
>>
>>37292194
>constant swinging and rotating of a really delicate part of the shoulder while relying on momentum is much less dangerous than a movement that goes up and down
>>
File: CT5JS3wUkAAHkuM.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
CT5JS3wUkAAHkuM.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
>>37289592
movie memeshit

just use weights
>>
>>37292212
>implying there are frequent injuries from butterflies except in amateurs
>implying benching doesn't put constant shear on the rotator cuff, especially if you're not a manlet
>>
>>37292196
Maybe you went to some shitty location.
You train like an oly lifter would, doing something like 5,5,5,3,3,3,1 for snatches, cleans etc.
Powerlifting portions (not for bench because it's not that important) are similar to 5/3/1 without maxing out frequently. More like 8/6/3.
High reps and low weight are only for WODs and 8 already covered endurance WODs, chief.
>>
>>37289855
Anyone?
>>
>>37292381
Hams and lower back/spinal erectors
It's like a deadlift but you push forward too
>>
>>37292429
I usually end my day messing with the tire after a lot of deadlifting. Am I wasting my time?
>>
I always tire after a workout

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>37292533
As long as it's not negatively affecting your normal workout capacity then you're good.
>>
Reminder that JJ Watt lifted a 1000 pound tire 30 times.
>>
>>37291545
If you're lifting with one hand, that sounds like a farmers walk.
>>
>>37289592
How much does that weigh?
>>
>>37292674
considering that the world record tyre flip is 1350lbs once I doubt that.
>>
>>37289592
they're very tiring
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.