[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Injury Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: butt problems.png (753 KB, 736x540) Image search: [Google]
butt problems.png
753 KB, 736x540
I've gone to Physical Therapy, an orthopedic surgeon, just about everything.

>Have a problem with injuries
>Pick up the teachings of Mark Rippetoe and Kelly Starrett
>Injuries stop for a while
>But as sure as rain...
>Problem is a pain coming from the lower Glutes and upper Hamstring (which in turn hurt the knees), along with the lower back.
>Only catch is that the pain seems to change sides every time
>Most recently, the pain only started when I was sedentary for a while (School Finals)
Just today, I experienced pain in my Right upper hamstring when preforming a normal squat, and a tingling sensation from my right hand when preforming a press

This shit is driving me crazy. It makes maintaining a regular workout schedule impossible and even gets in the way of every day life.

Should I just go ahead with Orthopedic surgery? Or is there another way?
>>
>>37280906
>Should I just go ahead with Orthopedic surgery? Or is there another way?

well what the fuck does your ortho say?
>>
>>37280906
>Should I just go ahead with Orthopedic surgery?
You sure as fuck shouldn't do anything like that until you're 99% certain what your problem is.

What did the physio think was wrong? SI joint?
>>
>>37280906
have you gotten an official diagnosis?
>>
>>37280920
He said Cortisone shot was the way to go
>>37280960
SI joint was one issue, they also thought it could be a imbalance in my Os Coxa (Pelvis)
>>37280966
No, no one has given me anything definitive
>>
Have you tried rolling and getting in there with a lacrosse ball or one of those hard rubber kong toys?
>>
>>37281002
>Cortisone shot was the way to go
Yeah that doesn't make sense. Obviously the pain doesn't originate from where you're feeling it, seeing as it's switching sides.
You don't want to just inject cortisone completely at random and hope for the best. That shit is NOT good for you. It's what you do when nothing else works and you're damn sure you're hitting the right spot.
>>
>>37281030
Everything
>Lacrosse Ball
>Rolling pins
>Voodoo bands
>Weights/medicine balls
It always comes back
>>
>>37281047
That's the thing. I have NO idea what is going on, Therapy isnt resolving the issue. Hell, I can't even run the pain gets so bad. I'm starting to inch toward the "Fuck-it" way of thinking
>>
>>37281002
have you gotten scans? MRI?
>>
Bump, please
>>
>>37281378
Go to a different physiotherapist. If he can't figure it out, go see a third one. Continue until somebody figures out what the issue is.

It's not an uncommon thing, you know, to have some kind of pain that several professionals can't find out what is. Happens all the time. Might be 2016 but the body is complicated as fuck. NO ONE can diagnose you across the internet, because the symptoms you describe can be many, many things.
>>
>>37281371
Yes, everything came up clean. Much to my frustration
>>
Just do NoFap
>>
>>37281641
lol
>>
How fat are you lets be honest
>>
>>37281718
I weight around 155 standing at 5'8"
[spoiler]le manlet joke XD[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.