[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of this exercise? Is it useless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: hyperextension.gif (13 KB, 220x259) Image search: [Google]
hyperextension.gif
13 KB, 220x259
What's the point of this exercise? Is it useless?
>>
>>37277344
hamstring
>>
>>37277344
Doesn't this work lower back?
>>
>>37277465
I feel it in the lowerback
>>
>>37277344
Hits spinal erectors. Kind of useless if you deadlift, or it may be good if you need a deadlift assist.
>>
rip sometimes uses it for active recovery from deadlifts, especially for older lifters who struggle to recover from heavy deadlifts.
>>
I'll do it after deadlifts so.
>>
>>37277453
why not stiff leg deadlift then?
>>
>>37277507
Whynotboth.jpg
>>
if you're a faggot then it is useless for you. This is the exercise that stood the test of time. No pussies allowed
>>
Would this be a good exercise to do to fix hyperlordosis or should it be avoided at all costs?
>>
>>37277344
It is part of my warm up before I deadlift.
>>
>>37277344
I want to do this in my home gym since i like the feel of it, but i dont have a bendy-bench. What can I do instead? Goodmornings?
>>
>>37277344
Reverse hypers are so much better

But I've got a pinched nerve when I do them.....
>>
>>37278216
>the exercise that hurts me is the better one
>/fit/
>>
>>37278128
Same here.
>>
It's called a back extension, works your spinal erectors and your hamstrings to a lesser degree.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462564308220.jpg (105 KB, 767x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462564308220.jpg
105 KB, 767x960
Hyperextensions train the lower back.
If you work industrial jobs were you have to lift a lot of shit or pull chains n shit across floors then doing 10 reps of it 2-3 days a week will save your life.

I just do it as part of my warmup everytime I go to the gym.
>>
glutes
>>
>>37277479
No, this is different.

Deadlifts, you keep your back straight. You work the erectors isometrically.

Back hyperextensions allow you to round your back because the loading parameters (pulling 45lbs instead of 400lbs). You work the erectors concentrically and eccentrically.
>>
>>37277344
it's useless if you just lie there, yes.
>>
>>37278663
same here, only i start with hanging leg raises then hyperextensions
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.