[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Whilst at school and college I went to the gym nearly every day for a good hour. Kept my weight in check and I had made some decent gains.

2 years on, a 1 hour commute to and from work, and desk job later I am really struggling with motivation.

Working near a major city the gyms are packed and I have managed to find a gem of a gym that is fairly quiet in the evenings.

My issue is I really lack motivation to go. Ive gained 3 stone in 2 years since graduating and I am disgusted by myself. I know it would take a year of strict diet and exercise to get anywhere near my former self however the nature of my job makes that hard (client meetings / lunches / dinners / drinks / late nights / early starts etc). I find any minor set back tends to fuck me over and become a massive de-motivator. 1 night of relapse / missing a workout can keep me out of the gym for the rest of the week.

So come-on /fit/ full time workers - especially city workers with long commutes. How do you stay motivated day in day out? How do you not relapse? How do you find the energy at the end of the day.
>>
>>37266266
I stay motivated when I see how awful life for fatties is. They look disgusting, smell bad, usually have low self-esteem, and are ridiculously prone to other numerous diseases.
>>
>>37266266
sounds like your place has room for more gyms. Open one.
>>
Just fucking eat less.
>>
>>37266600
London baby

Gyms open everywhere. Unless you want to pay £160 per month your gonna see a packed gym. They have to become packed or they won't pay their ground rent.
>>
Q: How to motivate myself to go to the gym every day

A: just fucking eat less.

Lol. You're a fucktard
>>
>>37267402
buy a garage in harlesden then

if the smelly indian hostels can survive on 30% capacity, surely a gym which usually carries lots of dead memberships can, too.
>>
>>37266266
It's literally in your photo.
Get
Some
Fucking
Discipline!!!!
>>
>>37266266
Go in the morning you lazy cuck. Getting out of bed at 5:30 makes your commute easier and gyms are always less busy
>>
Just go as soon as work is done or go during your lunch break. No eating until you finish the workout. Not that hard.
>>
>>37266266
Hey man, I had this too, used to work at a Big4-firm, lots of commuting, lacking motivation, bad diet.

My solution was to join the military, but that's not gonna work for everyone. In my current job I still travel a lot, shit gyms nearby, etc.

Best option: fix a home gym. Squat cage or rack, bench, weights, pull-up bar and a dip station (can be made yourself for a couple of bucks) should do it. Overall cost should be little less than €500,- if done right and you'll have equipment that will last you a lifetime. No more excuses: when you get home: YOU WORK OUT

That's it.
>>
>>37267516
How do you get discipline when your schedule changes day to day. Discipline for me works when I can go to the gym at the same time everyday. On my chosen days
>>
>>37268056
Same with me. My college schedule changes litteraly every fucking week.
So damn annoying, demotivates the shit out of me
>>
>>37267592
>>37268056

basically this op. I am currently working in a big four firm and I know how though it is to not overeat and still find time to hit the gym.

solution for you would be to just make yourself a home gym. don't see any other way.

and get some self control. if you have lunch with a client just take a salad with some chicken breast and no desserts. just coffee.
>>
>>37267592
This is the dream. I want to buy a house with a decent garage. Don't mind jogging around parks for cardio or using a skipping rope.

I get the feeling from most comments that people don't get the whole 8am-7pm every day kind of job. Leave at 7 am. Get back at 8pm.

Can't go before because unfortunately my gym isn't open until 7am
Lunch isn't a thing unless it involves going out to meet clients or team lunches. Couldn't go to the gym at lunch time.
After work is the only option. Just so hard when your knackered. But people do it. Just want to know whether it's just pure dedication or if there are other things that help the motivation going.
>>
>>37268166

no man it is really just dedication. I guess some kind of self hatred is helping here. I looked at my body and just felt disgusted and uncomfortable. you just have to get into your head that the only solution to feeling like shit is the gym. then you will go.
>>
>>37268195

*not feeling like shit
>>
>>37268195
>I looked at my body and just felt disgusted and uncomfortable. you just have to get into your head that the only solution to feeling like shit is the gym. then you will go.

Its getting over that first hurdle... 9 times out of 10 (usually based on how good the gym sesh is) I fucking love it. Endorphins go crazy. Its that first hurdle to not get into bed and watch TV and fall asleep.

Just gotta really get motivated I suppose. Start watching youtube channels when I get home. Read a few threads on here. etc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.