[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I lose weight by eating soup/canned soup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Vegetable-Icon.png (681 KB, 340x510) Image search: [Google]
Vegetable-Icon.png
681 KB, 340x510
Can I lose weight by eating soup/canned soup?
>>
>>37254268

Are you asking because you are poor?
>>
>>37254268
yes. Calories are all that matter for weight gain and loss.
macros(carb, fat and protien) matter for muscle gain and fat loss
micronutrients (vitamins minerals, fibre) matter for health and well being.
>>
>>37254315
I have alot of stomach fat I want to get rid of. Is weight loss not just losing fat?
>>
>>37254315
So basically, if I eat <1500 calories daily, regardless of the carb/sugar intake (though I will try to moderate these too) I'll lose fat/weight
>>
>>37254383
>So basically, if I eat <1500 calories daily, regardless of the carb/sugar intake (though I will try to moderate these too) I'll lose fat/weight

Sounds simple, sure. The issue is that, if you eat garbage like cinnamon toast all day, you're going to be unsatisfied as fuck and then cheat on your calorie intake. Protein and veggies help regulate your appetite.
>>
>>37254268

If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. It literally CAN'T work any other way.

The reasoning behind any advice to "eat this specific food" or "don't eat that specific food" is to manage your cravings. You want to eat at a moderate caloric deficit without just being ravenously hungry (and thus, tempted to cheat) all day.
>>
>>37254342

When you lose weight, you lose both fat and muscle. It's a survival mechanism. Muscle costs more calories just to maintain. Your body thinks that because there is less fat to carry around, it no longer needs as much muscle to perform basic tasks such as walking around, so it burns some of that as well. Basically, it thinks it's making the most efficient use of the limited calories you are giving it to work with. (And in a strict "hunter gatherer" sense, it's not necessarily wrong.)

If ALL you care about is losing weight, then it doesn't really matter. But if you would like to still have some muscle to show off AFTER you lose weight, then lift heavy weight, and eat lots of protein (WHILE STILL MAINTAINING A CALORIE DEFICIT!) This will trick your body into thinking, "Oh, wait, I guess I do still need that muscle after all, better keep what we've got for now." You won't really GAIN any muscle, but you will ensure that most of the weight you lose is in fact fat.
>>
>>37254599

So what you'll find is that you will be faced with choices. "I can only eat X amount of calories, but still need to get this much protein." THAT is the kind of reasoning that will ultimately drive your food choices towards things like chicken breasts and vegetables, NOT "oh, I heard if I eat this I will lose weight."
>>
>>37254599
> You won't really GAIN any muscle

pretty sure if i intake a proper amount of protein and lift heavy, i'm gonna gain muscle.
>>
Good luck with your blood pressure though, canned soups are full of salt
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.