[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've avoided edulcorants for a long time but recently i've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1219274484_Coca Cola Zero.jpg (20 KB, 262x466) Image search: [Google]
1219274484_Coca Cola Zero.jpg
20 KB, 262x466
I've avoided edulcorants for a long time but recently i've started to drink a lot of zero soft drinks since it brings happiness to my life and I enjoy.
Whats your opinion on edulcorants? Are them safe? Am i going to get cancer?
Three weeks ago i drank 3 liters of coke light, am I going to die?
>>
You'll be fine.
>>
>>37246996
you should try pepsi throwback
>>
>>37247113

o.o
>>
I just can't understand it
How does diet coke manage to have 0 calories?

My theory is that is actually tastes like shit, but nobody knows that because of the psychology of being familiar with the regular's taste, and then tasting this one and feeling the same sensations of carbonation makes you think it tastes good
>>
>>37246996
Diet Coke is fine, people just really don't want to believe it for some reason.
>>
>>37247814
>How does diet coke manage to have 0 calories?

Most sweeteners don't get metabolized at all by your body.
The sweet taste your brain recognizes doesn't come from the metabolization process.

Some sweeteners like Aspartame do get metabolized though, but the calories are far less than plain sucrose.
On top of that, aspartame is like 200 times sweeter than sucrose, so the amount of aspartame required for you to feel the same sweet taste is far smaller, so the calories are close to zero.
Also, keep in mind that if a product has less than 5 calories BUT still has some calories it can be labeled as zero calorie.
>>
>>37247898
Probably because there's a stigma about it being for stupid middle aged women

That's why they made coke zero, something "for men" as far as connotations

But here's the thing, if the fact is that diet coke is for bitches, and diet and zero are the same, you're still a bitch if you drink zero. You could of course easily say something like fuck the industry and drink diet out of spite and be 'above' them, but there's gotta be a reason diet is seen as for fat women. It's because it's cheating, in a sense.
The truer, more sincere thing to do is say "If I want something sweet, I will have something sweet, like a classic coke or some dessert" and then if you get fat and weak looking from eating all that, that's a character flaw on your behalf because your willpower wasn't good enough.
Diet takes that aspect away. You can pleasure yourself with no consequence, and that's a really ignoble thing to do.
>>
>>37247967
Dunno if that applies in every country, but i find Zero and Diet taste somehow different.
I prefer Diet, don't give a shit if it's marketed for middle aged women desu.
>>
File: 2013120544.jpg (126 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
2013120544.jpg
126 KB, 300x364
>be semi chubby dude in early 20's
>drink diet sodas to cut down on calories
>lose weight
>not fat anymore
>drink 3+ cans a day
>drink nothing but diet sodas, and the occasional water here and there
>goes on for a year like this
>suddenly develop heart palpitations
>OHSHIT amigonnadie.jpg
>heart literally skips a beat every 5 seconds
>feels like extreme anxiety
>goes on for months
>google causes of heart palpitations
>phenylalanine
>found in most artificial sweeteners
>can cause Arrythmia
>Arrythmia can cause stroke
>quit all diet sodas, and any artificial sweetener all together
>after a month of nothing but water, heartbeat goes back to normal
>start drinking normal sodas
>get fat again
>it was just a fluke? so w/e
>drink diet sodas again, for months
>get skinny, heart palpitations return
>goddamnit I can't drink diet soda
>quit again
>heart goes back to normal after a month

I did this 3 TIMES /fit/

THREE FUCKING TIMES

so now I only drink unsweet tea, and drink nothing but water, and the occasional gatorade when I'm working out. no problems since

don't drink diet soda, it will kill you.
>>
>>37248019
Zero is a diet coke based on coke classic.
Diet is a diet coke based on new coke.

They are different beyond marketing.
>>
>>37248075
Some people can't eat/drink phenylalanine, that's why there's a tiny warning label after the ingredients list. But most people are fine. Same concept with gluten.
>>
Diet Coke is literally headache in a can due to the fake sweetener. As soon as I made the connection between Diet Coke and the insta-headaches I got after drinking them I quit drinking diet shit. I go years between sodas and don't miss them at all.
>>
>>37246996
>edulcorants
Are you French or something?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.