[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things your non /fit/ friends say that make you boil with rage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: rrrrrrrrrr.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrrrrrr.png
19 KB, 300x309
Things your non /fit/ friends say that make you boil with rage thread?

>lol anon you're already fit, why do you worry about what you eat?

Usually said while they munch on pizza and I go for a chicken salad instead.
>>
>you really shouldn't lose any more weight you're getting too skinny
>6'2 188 ~16-18% bf?

to their credit i used to be 240-250 but idk
>>
>>37125827
Theyre getting jealous senpai
>>
>I just want to tone
>I don't want to be too bulky
>Can't we just do abs and machines instead?
>Why should I work
Everytime a female friend asks me to help them with fitness. I seriously feel bad that they've pretty much been brainwashed into believing that being skinny fat is the woman's version of being in shape.
>>
File: 1452785229572.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1452785229572.gif
486 KB, 475x347
>>37125827
My mom always says that. Damn gains goblin
>>
>>37126204
moms have a biological urge to feed their kids
>>
File: triggered pepe.png (279 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
triggered pepe.png
279 KB, 550x550
>>37125780
Lol, chicken salad isn't even a particularly lean dish.

My grandmother can't tell the difference between muscle and fat, so even when I'm like 12% body fat and benching 250 for reps she'll make snide remarks about me gaining weight. It's 100% egotistical on her part because her side of the family is all skellingtons and my mom's side is stockier so she's trying to blame my apparently unsightly bulkiness on the other side of the family. Bad show all around.

My dad sometimes implies that I only lift out of vanity but that's not as bad because he just doesn't understand that it helps with the sports I'm into more than just hiking and swimming like he does would help. He's legitimately concerned I'll hurt myself lifting, and he's not without good cause.
>>
>maybe
>>
File: 1462186820208.jpg (46 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
1462186820208.jpg
46 KB, 200x234
>friends
You have to go back
>>
>>37125780
>ask how much i lift
>avoid answering because i know how it will end
>they ask again, i tell them
>"oh that's pretty good, yeah i'm at around *insert weight very close to what i just said*"

you don't even lift you lying little faggot, bullshit can you bench 2.5pl8 with good form with those noodle arms
>>
File: iXurMOO.png (271 KB, 536x535) Image search: [Google]
iXurMOO.png
271 KB, 536x535
>telling normies you lift
all they do is resent you for it and act jealous/try to fitshame you.
>anon wont eat any with us because hes obsessed with fitness lol
everytime
>>
>>37126746
How do I deal with office coworkers asking me why I bring healthy food with me to work?
>>
>>37127119
>because I like to be fit and healthy
>>
>>37125780
>i just want to be toned
>>
>>37127119
Saves you money as opposed to eating out.
>>
>>37127119
It's like the chubs in my office need everyone to share their shitty habits.

>Want a donut anon?
N-no thanks
>REEEEEEE
>>
>>37127119
>Please tell me how you wouldn't like to eat homecooked, tasty meals like me. Go on, tell me.

Shuts them right up.
>>
>>37127175
Sounds cringey

>>37128017
Makes you sound like a poorfag

>>37128223

Best one
>>
>>37128281

>Works at same job.
>Doesn't spend money on food like Co-workers.
>Is a poorfag?
>Would actually have more money.
>>
>>37127119
>bc im an adult who decides not let other peoples poor choices influence him.

>why dont you bring in healthy food to eat?

>why do you care about what im eating? >Are you projecting your insecurities on to my food choices?

>bc i cook better than mcdonalds, big girl.
>>
>>37127119
>bc i like to LOOK and feel good

Stare directly at their gut when you say LOOK
>>
>>37125780
>"so, like, what kind of stuff do you do in the gym?"
describe a deadlift
>eyes widen "oh, that's REALLY bad for your back!!"
>>
>>37125780
>that guy is fatter than you anon
translation,fat fuck that got his life together unlike you you fat no hope neet
>>
obese manchild fedora wearing mlp fan of a roommate:
>right, that's another 50 pushups done! i can actually see my abs! my body is truly the best of both worlds. right, what shall i have for dinner, a multipack of chunky kit kats or 3 bars of milk chocolate?
>>
File: naruto.png (120 KB, 384x308) Image search: [Google]
naruto.png
120 KB, 384x308
No need to get mad in situations like that, OP. Just say, plain and simple, something along the lines of "I got this fit *because* of worrying about what I eat."
>>
Reminder that this is people projecting thier insecurities onto you. Literally tall poppy syndrome, normies do it with any kind of success. Just brush them off and say you have very different fitness goals
>>
>>37128796
kek nice one anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21 KB, 1050x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21 KB, 1050x576
>any sport with weights is for fagots
>soccer is the best and most alpha workout/sport
>lol you go to the gym you must have body dysmorphia
>gym boy lol
>>
>>37127119
>my mum packs my lunch for me every day
>she loves me and supports my gains
>>
>>37128874
It is though. Don't let the internet hardass nooblifters on here convince you that you can just up your deadlifts forever with zero risk of injury and that everyone who gets hurt just didn't know the right form.

Professional lifters and other athletes get hurt doing them. That's not to say you should absolutely never deadlift, but people on here need to face up to the risk involved and make a rational call about whether to accept it or not.
>>
>what do you mean you can't stay out?

>come on, anon, you can have more than one beer

> doesn't higher testosterone give you man boobs?

>I don't like men with too many muscles
WELL GOOD THING I DIDNT MAKE THEN FOR YOU!
>>
>>37125780
>that much protein is bad for your liver, anon.

>shouldnt u take out the yolks?

>you like sweet potatoes!? Ugh...

>i used to lift that much before my injury

>how much do you curl?
>>
nice story loser.
>>
File: 1461311397893.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461311397893.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>>37129095
>i used to lift that much before my injury
>>
>>37127119
>stopped GOMAD for summer cut
>a co worker eventually notices I don't bring milk in with me anymore and asks why
>"just don't wanna drink that much milk anymore for a while"

Fucking normies. If I told people I was dieting they'd look at me like I sprouted wings. I'm the most fit person at my job and they wouldn't understand that I wanna drop some bodyfat and not look like shit because most of them are skinny fat or overweight.
>>
>why do you always get grilled chicken at the dining halls? The chicken is so gross
>>
>>37129134
are you me? literally get chicken everyday at my dining hall, it's good as fuck but everyone who works the line knows me as the "chicken breast guy" or some shit
>>
>>37129032
Accurate af
>>
>>37129130
I remember when I went on baby's first cut. I was at around 15% body fat when I started. My parents asked why I was drinking skim milk, I said I wanted to lose a little weight, and they thought I was anorexic even though I was still eating over 2000 calories a day.
>>
>>37129167
slim milk makes a difference?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 535x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 535x532
>>37125780
>haha you're so skinny you can eat whatever you want!

Went from 5'7 105 to 145 and people I know will forever only see me as skelly.
>>
>>37129150
>tfw you're that weird kid who asks for the whole grain buns
>tfw you're that weird kid who asks them not to coat the buns in butter before toasting them
>>
>>37129167
Lol it's funny how if you look moderately fit and are on a cut, everyone just assumes you have an eating disorder or something. No wonder people get obese.

>>37129189
Skim milk has less calories than 1%, 2% and whole milk. Might have the same protein content but idk for sure, skim milk is gross and I don't buy it.
>>
>>37129227
What about soy milk? Is it worth it?
>>
>>37126746
>people cant tell he lifts without telling them
>he must not have muscles
>>
>I'm doing a cleanse
why?
> I just want to get the toxins out of my body
what toxins?
> like all the bad stuff
isn't that what kidneys and liver are for?
why don't you just try eating as healthy as you can without it being overwhelming and exercise?
> I just like want to lose 12 pounds.
> sips cayenne lemon water
>>
>>37126411
He said *a* chicken salad. Like a salad with chicken on it. Not chicken salad, which is nasty mayo paste dogshit.
>>
>>37129189
>>37129227
I just drink it on cuts because I try to keep between 40 and 50 grams of fat per day when I'm cutting, so it's a convenient way to get protein without any fat. The amino acids might be less complete in skim though, I'm not sure. I'm lucky enough to dislike the taste of all sodas, so I am very used to milk and enjoy drinking even skim as it was basically all I drank as a kid.
>>
> you should only train each body part once a week
> you would recover so much better and be so much stronger
> even though you bench more than I can squat I am the supreme authority on training
>>
> don't you get tired of eating the same thing?
> why don't you drink?
> are you on steroids? you can tell me if you are
> you work out so you don't mind lifting every single thing for me even though I can do it because you go to the gym, right?

god i fucking hate normies
>>
>squatting is really bad for your knees
> bencing is really bad for your shoulders
> deadlifting is really bad for your back

yeah, I'm sure all that inactivty, binge drinking, and chain smoking is fucking great though right?
>>
>>37129206
Unless that was Kgs or something american but 145 lbs at 5'7 is still fucking skelly level hell seen manlets at 180 lbs 5'7 here on fit that look pretty lean (14-15% bfat).

>>37125827
You are too skinny though no one cares about muh abs if you like a girlfriend can snap you two.
>>
I could go on and on with the retarded shit I hear normies say on a daily basis. I've been doing this shit for 10 years and guess what all those people who talk shit are the same ones who find themselves too far gone into their disgusting degenerate lifestyle and hate what they've become but they are so lazy, and pathetic that they won't actually do anything about it.
All these negative people want to do is bring you down. They don't want to see you achieve success, they don't want to recognize that you did it through hard work. They will only accept that it was genetics and/or drugs, they won't accept the truth because that would mean accepting the fact they are disgusting lazy pieces of shit.
These people are miserable with themselves and want you to be miserable with them. Every criticism they throw at you is a manifestation of their own insecurities. Have pity upon them Anon.
>>
>>37129466
A lion doesnt care if the monkeys in the trees are laughing at him
>>
>>37129558
Oh man so deep
>>
>>37129596
Its a saddam hussein quote 2bh
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 575x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 575x456
>>37129464
I admit that 5'7 145 lean is still small but I don't think it's skelly. I'm a lot bigger than most guys my height especially upper body. Being more than 160 at 5'7 is huge.

But anyway I'm just mad that people still think I'm skelly when I want them to see me like Skeletor. Only myself to blame for that I suppose
>>
>>37125780
>see a friend and his gf
>haven't seen them in a while and I've lost 40lbs since I saw them last
>his gf is noticeably fatter
>she says "anon, you've lost a lot of weight you look good"
>thanks I just decided it was time for a change
>"yeah I've been eating healthy for a while but just can't seem to lose weight"
>just say "yeah it's a struggle" since I don't want to be rude or get in a long discussion

I would love to know what people's definition of "eating healthy" is. Do they not know what calories are? You can gain weight from a salad if you are drowning it in dressing and topping it with cheese
>>
>>37129766
If people cant figure out how to make it when the internet exists, theres no point in helping them. I dont correct normies about the retarded fitness shit they say anymore, just a waste of time
>>
>>37129766
Normie idea of healthy eating...

> 2 hard boiled eggs and whole toast for breakfast
> salad with chicken and lite italian dressing for lunch
> after work go to bar, pound wine / beer / margaritas / stuff face with nachos and tacos

people are retarded and will do good for like 3 days then get wasted, binge eat while drunk, be hungover, not go to gym, pizza + netflix bc muh hangover.

For most people to just not be a gross fat fuck all it takes is not doing the bad stuff all the time. Just don't eat the garbage, don't drink the garbage. You don't even have to lift. They can't even do that right. Fuck em they deserve their life.
>>
File: 1462481478045.jpg (87 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
1462481478045.jpg
87 KB, 914x1091
>>37129740
are there a lot of "guys" at 5'7?
>>
>>37129740
Just gain more weight lad we already have disadvantage of being short. However 160 at that height is really not huge unless you did 0 squats or something
>>
>>37125780

i dont' want to work out anon, i don't want to look too manly
>>
>>37129030
Italian?
>>
>>37130266
I don't believe this has happened. Unless it was a girl who said it?
>>
File: 1462444546781.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462444546781.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
>>37128664
>I didn't buy that Ferrari lol I'm richer than Jay Leno

fuckin tard
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.