[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: fwri0.jpg (38 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
fwri0.jpg
38 KB, 434x434
Questions that don't deserve their own thread. Has anyone here seen success using only machines?
>>
>>37108079
No.

When the fuck do my lats come in? I'm up to 60 pounds in chins and nothing. Does bodyfat hide them like a game of hide and seek?
>>
>>37108113
Probably genetics and bodyfat if I had to guess. Just keep training'em anon
>>
>>37108113
iktf i have nice lats from the back but basically nonexistent ones from there front, i look like a tube in a shirt unless i flex, it's especially bad in loose clothes

is it just high insertions?
>>
How do I stop craving junk amd the like? I literally keep failing sticking to my new healthy ways of eating. Is Cold turkey the only way? Is my willpower just not enough?
>>
>>37108129
I'm just going to go with me being too fat... hopefully. But yeah, I fucking love chins so no danger there. Plus I started doing rows so hopefully.

>>37108130
Sucks.

I think I'm going to record myself flexing to see if I can find some hope.
>>
>>37108143
stop being weak
>>
>>37108156
Me too I love chins. I have a bar at my room door. You can get a decent body just doing them alone with diet and cardio. Favorite exercise by far
>>
>>37108113
How do you perform your chin-ups? When done properly they're actually much, much harder than you'd think. Try to keep your upper back arced (thoracic spine extension) throughout the movement, and try to pull your chest all the way up to the bar instead of just your chin.

Do you know how to use your back to pull with instead of your arms? Understand that your lats are only connected to your upper arm (the humerus) and has zero connection to your forearm or hands. For this reason it helps to focus your mind on the movement your upper arm makes and try to ignore your forearms, your hands and even the actual weight or bar. Think about moving your elbows from A to B rather than the weight.

Also, pauses @ peak contraction are really good for feeling your back work.
>>
>>37108079
See what the research says on machines OP
>>
>>37108113
Pullups are better for lat width than chins
>>
File: 1462699234145.jpg (176 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1462699234145.jpg
176 KB, 1632x1224
>>37108157
I need to find my motivation >>37108178
>>
>>37108219
the extension from chins/close grip works the lats as hard as adduction from overhand pullups.
Just dont go to wide. And do both extension and adduction based lat exercises for mac growth
>>
>>37108219
They're two pretty fucking similar variations of the same fundamental exercise. The difference is neglible. Even if beginners like to make threads debating which is "superior".
>>
>>37108234
>>37108237
What about medium grip overhand pull ups are they still effective? Those are all I can do due to the width of my door
>>
>>37108213
Tbh all I do is pull myself up to the bar. I never really thought about my form nor can I confirm if I'm doing them like you're saying or not. But I do plan to keep them in mind next chin session.

I do pause at the top but it's mostly to flex at hit my bis hard. I don't know if that helps you diagnose me, but my mindset is just to get my head over the bar, flex the fuck out of my bis, go down to almost straight arm and then back up and repeat.

Even if I'm doing it wrong, I'd still be hitting my lats hard though, no?

That elbow thing is something I'll have to use though.
>>
I finally have started to diet and exercise. I weighed 139 lbs a week ago and I'm 6' 2". I'm already 146 lbs, which I'm sure is mostly waste weight. Every day until today I struggled to meet my 3000 calorie goal, but all of the sudden I was able to eat it all in two meals. I now am crazy hungry in spite of smashing my goals by 600 calories. Wtf just happened to my body? The hunger hurts. Literally the opposite issue every day until now
>>
>>37108248
>are they still effective?
Yes.

>>37108253
You're always going to be using both your elbow flexors and your back muscles. But your mental focus as well as your so-called mind-muscle connection determines what muscles do the most work. If you're actively flexing your biceps hard all the time, then that's very likely removing work from the lats. You're fucking it up for yourself doing that.
>>
>>37108268
You've given me a lot to think about. Thanks anon

Before I go however, is there any benefit to do wide grip chins over a narrower grip, or would I be just wasting my time?
>>
>>37108283
Go medium grip and never look back
>>
>>37108283
Having the arms out to the side instead of out in front of you, will train the function of adduction instead of flexion. For max development you should be doing both. You don't need to do both at the same time or even regularly though - you can just switch to the other variation once/when you can't seem to make more progress on the one you're currently doing.

Note that you shouldn't go super wide as this basically makes it a shitty exercise with low range of motion. Just wide enough that your elbows are to your sides rather than in front of you.
>>
What does /fit/ think of frozen food? Like ready meals and stuff. As long as I try to pic healthier versions is there a problem with making them the bulk of my diet? Like one frozen meal a day
>>
>>37108342
>Like ready meals and stuff
The definition of shit food. Pretty much THE ONLY THING everybody agrees on in the realm of nutritition, is that the more processed the food, the more shit it is.
Avoid at all cost.
>>
>>37108390
Even stuff like weight watchers? What makes it shit exactly? Just curious. High sodium and all the additive/preservatives..? Or is there more things I'm missing
>>
>>37108079
OP here
No one? Damn. Machines really suck huh. Kek.
>>
>>37108419
High sodium isn't much of an issue unless you have hypertension. But the more processed food is, the more of its nutritional value is lost. It becomes more and more like "empty calories", meaning that it's just that, calories, but not much of anything else. Like eating sugar instead of vegetables. Of course I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.
And yeah then there's all the shit that's added to it.
>>
>>37108458
Damn I see... such a shame. Because they're so damn convenient
>>
19, 5'10 and 150 pounds at 11%bf
Trying to lean bulk on 2700 calories. Why am I still hungry?
>>
I need to gain alot of weight fast and im already eating til the point if almost throwing up, any foods that are calorie-rich but dont fill you up as fast?
>inb4 "just eat more"
>>
>>37108461
>Because they're so damn convenient
Which is part of the reason we're having an obesity epidemic.
>>
What apps are there to track weight lifting?
>>
>>37108458
What about high-end ones like Amy's?
>>
>>37108517
Just invest in a notepad and pen
>>
I can't sleep more than 6-7 hours without waking up naturally, but everywhere I read it says to sleep at least 8-9 hours. Should I just listen to my body?
>>
>>37108562
No.
>>
>>37108473
Clean food is usually very filling. Just eat a lot of sugar and fat and unhealthy shit. Don't you like nutella and shit like PBJ Sandwiches or chips?
>>
What would happen if I increased volume for a lacking exercise? My bench is weak compared to other lifts, should I try doing 5x5 instead of 3x5 just for bench?
>>
>>37108517
SL 5x5 app is free if you're doing that program. I think you could use myfitnesspal to track your gains too but I've never tried it. Just using it for nutrition.
>>
>>37108607
I can't find it in mfp
>>
>>37108620
Just checked it. You can't log in how much weight you lifted so it's pretty much useless. Fitnesspoint seems like it could work. Even gives you statistics about how much weight you lifted.
>>
>>37108593

It might well work.
>>
I'm dyel af. I haven't lifted since I was 21 and I'm 25 now. Back then, I gained muscle easily and was able to look good with a shit routine and diet. I eat an amazing diet now and know how many macros I get every day. I just don't lift.

To get back into it, I signed up for a summer weight lifting class at my university (2 yes left for my masters in engineering) and a weight lifting class in the fall. After that, I'll have a year and a half of university until I'm finished.

How much can I realistically expect to gain in my summer and fall semester? It'll be around 7 months total.

Also, how much can I expect to gain in the 2 years I have that I'll be forced to lift while signing up for lifting classes?
>>
>>37108784
7 months? Don't know if the newbie effect also affects people who stopped lifting in the past but if it does, maybe around 4-6lbs muscle possible in those 7 months. Maybe 12-15lbs alltogether in 2 years, if you follow a strict regiment.
>>
What exercises can I do against unbalanced traps?
>>
Do I have to deadlift to get a good physique? I don't like doing it. Can I just squat, bench, OHP and row? Worried about my legs looking unbalanced in particular if I just squatted without deadlifting
>>
What should I choose as my level of activity in tdee calculators? I lift 6 days a week for 1 hour and do cardio on my rest day
>>
>>37108517
Fitnotes
>>
>>37108947
I would advice against stopping deadlifts just because you don't like doing them. Just watch your form and do it.
>>
>>37108947
You don't "have to do" any exercise. Deadlifts are great, but if you don't like them then do something else. Just don't neglect your posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, erectors).
I will say though that if you don't like doing them, there's a good chance it's because you still haven't quite nailed down good form yet. Unless of course it's just because they're tough that you don't like them, in which case you're a pussy and won't get ever get anywhere with your training.
>>
Is coffee really that bad to drink every morning? I started lifting about a month ago and I'm still very addicted to coffee, hard to lay off. Been drinking water/tea otherwise, sometimes a beer (maybe once a week)
>>
>>37108991
Naa. Although personally I'd say that being addicted to anything is bad.
>>
>>37108991
Your brain becomes hooked on caffeine and you build up a resistance. Eventually you'll be fatigued all the time unless you drink coffee.
>>
Cardio vs no cardio, is the end result the same when cutting if the exact same deficit is made? I'm on my feet at work 3-4 long days a week 7.30am-9pm. If I can skip cardio on this cut... I will.
>>
>>37108829
I put on 40lbs lean muscle in 7 months
>>
>>37109012
How many mg Tren?
>>
What weight should I start with for dead lifting? I've been working with dumbbells for a bit at 10 kg and am looking to get into dead lifts.
>>
>>37109027
I started with 1pl8. If you have to start with less, try romanian deadlifts.
>>
>>37108829
Thanks, m8.
>>
>>37109025
Natty
>>
How long after a meal is it to enter a fasted state for fasted cardio? Obviously the easiest way to do is upon waking but what if I want to do it later in the day
>>
>>37109069
Before after pics? How tall are you? Pretty hard to believe. Most people put on 40lbs lean mass in 3 years, doing that in 7 months sounds like steroids or bullshit.
>>
>>37109100

For most people, about 40lbs is all they're ever gonna get.
>>
>>37108079
have you a valediction, boyo?
>>
>>37109171
Th-that'll do pig
>>
how do i get rid of a mole in the back ofmy neck
>>
Which is harder cut or bulk?
>>
File: 1456454445689.jpg (40 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
1456454445689.jpg
40 KB, 1500x844
>>37109200
>>
>>37109208
Bulking because more = more

Cutting is only a problem if you refuse to eat low calorie highly satiating foods aka vegetables
>>
>>37109226
I cut on 2 frozen meals a day but have vegetables for breakfast. I must say if not for that daily dose of veg I'd be screwed
>>
I always look way more muscular in mirrors when the reflection is bad (low light, reflections from glas at night etc.). Why is that?
Does it have to do with the fact that I'm at the end of my bulk and white like an albino or does it happen to everyone?
>>
>>37109208
it depends on where you came from and your metabolism. I hate bulks because I have to eat like 4000kcals/day and I was a skeleton before. Half of my day is literally me worriying about getting my calories in.
Other people might feel the same about cutting if their metabolism only allows for few calories and they're used to eating a lot.
>>
Is I Robot a good movie?
>>
>>37109258
4000 is ridiculous if you're not doing a shitton of cardio at the side. Most people's metabolism doesn't vary that much that they'd need 4000 calories just for small gains.
>>
>>37109275
I know, it's really weird. I started with 2800, didn't make any gains for 2 months, upped to 3300, made solid gains for like 4 months, got stuck after that. Upped to 3700, stopped making progress at 82kgs. I'm making very slow gains at 4000 kcals at the moment.
I'm thinking of a cut just so I don't have to eat that much anymore.
>>
SL 5x5 or ICF for a skelly who wants to be aesthetic?
>>
>>37109318
SS with chins and dips, or GSLP
>>
>>37109241
Would like to know too, low light makes me looks 5x as fit
>>
If I get a small, slight pressure or slight, localized burning sensation in my lower abdomen occasionally in a recurrent spot while coming out of the bottom of a squat, is it a hernia waiting to explode?
>>
>>37109241
>>37109332
Low light provides more shadow, which helps to make what muscle you do have stand out
>>
which apps are good for tracking measurements around bicep, legs etc?
myfitnesspal only alows for neck, hip and waist circumference.
>>
>>37109432
notepad
>>
>>37109432
Pen an paper. Or make an excel file on your computer.
>>
>>37108219
False
>>
What ab exercise works the entire core? I just want a single exercise I can do to exhaustion every morning I wake up.
>>
>>37109318
Literally doesn't matter to start with. Do whichever you think you can stick with and has the most volume. Do this for 6 months.

Do some reading about programming and how it all works and then in a few months you'll know enough to start adding variations and being able to judge what does and doesn't work for you.
>>
>>37109597
Weighted russian twists.
>>
>>37109597
None. But using an ab roller is pretty great.
>>
File: aaasdf.jpg (29 KB, 211x317) Image search: [Google]
aaasdf.jpg
29 KB, 211x317
5/3/1 template, what does the 1? rep mean at the bottom?
>>
>>37109675

amrap?
>>
>>37109675
till failure, probably.
>>
>>37109688
Pretty sure the 1+ above it means AMRAP
>>
>>37109675
>>37109688
>>37109691
>>37109694

Presumably 1+ means amrap

What is the 1? after it
>>
>>37109675

It means you do 1 rep, but only hesitantly and without any real confidence about what your doing or whether you should be doing the rep at all.

Wendler gains.
>>
File: aas.jpg (15 KB, 255x213) Image search: [Google]
aas.jpg
15 KB, 255x213
>>37109702
>>
>>37109675

the question mark refers to muscle confusion.

It means the rep might be a bench, squat or deadlift.
>>
Does working out at different times of the day count as muscle confusion?
>>
Is pins and needles in your fingers normal after deadlifts

Not even heavy, just over 1pl8
>>
>>37109732
which fingers? if ring and little finger it might be ulnar nerve impingement
>>
I'm 6'1, 190lb at the moment and around 18%bf. Is my LBM high enough to not look like a complete skelly if I cut down to say 7%? Want to get leaner but it seems pointless if I can't even get to the fight club look.
>>
>>37109771

It's pretty much impossible for us to say with so little information. Assuming you have enough muscle mass now to not look like a skelly the biggest thing is going to be maintaining it on a cut.
>>
70 pound squat and 200 pound diddies.
Should I hold onto the deadlift progression?
For those wondering I just switched to a good gym, the old one didnt have a rack and didnt let people squat for safety concerns, only option was smith machine.
Im working on my skwawts, big mobility limitations in my legs/hip flexors
>>
>>37109675
>>37109675
>>37109675
Seriously though does anyone know?
>>
>>37109787
Your squats will improve quickly, keep deadlifting as usual.

Do front squats as well.
>>
>>37109768
Yeah, I'd say it is mostly those fingers. Ulnar nerve impingement eh? Can I alleviate this or should I just suck it up
>>
>>37108079
my left arm is noticeably larger than my right.

if i keep doing dumbbell isolation exercises without changing the weight over time will they eventually even out?

if not, how to fix?
>>
>>37109810
They're gonna "eventually" even out but it takes a long ass time, its just less noticeable once you have more overall muscle. If you're that concerned maybe just do an extra set with your right arm until the difference in looks is marginal.
>>
>>37109809
It's very treatable most of the time. You'll probably need a physio to diagnose the root cause of it though.

For most people it gets impinged at the elbow, which can be because of variations in joint physiology or sometimes muscle imbalances.

It can also be impinged at the shoulder, which can be due to rotator cuff inflammation, tight pectorals, tight lats, weak rhomboids etc.
>>
>>37109810

Complete symmetry is pretty hard to reach since it isn't lifting only that targets your muscles, most people have a stronger (and bigger) side.

As for dumbbells, start with the right arm and make sure the reps are clean. Contract the target muscle instead of "just lifting" the weight.
>>
>>37109833
>>37109838
thanks homies
>>
Anyone else experienced weighing less and looking better when they've taken time off from weight lifting for a week or so?

Been doing stronglifts and was progressing smoothly, have had to take time off to study and my weights dropped 5lbs in 5 days. It doesn't make any sense so I'm thinking weight lifting causes fluid retention in some way?

I also look better (slimmer), So it's just left me confused.

Anyone know anything about this and if it an be fixed?
>>
Don't want to work legs for a while because all pants now feel like skinny jeans, but my ass is still mostly fat and looks kinda flabby. Any way I can work my ass without really getting bigger legs?
>>
>>37108432
I use machines as a supplement. Free weights are much better though.
>>
>>37109926
just wait for the next cut, the fat will leave your ass too.
>>
>>37109081
Doesn't the sticky state cardio in a fasted state gives no benefit?
>>
>>37109926
Hip thrusts or glute bridges (same thing)
>>
>>37109969
thats correct. if anything its better to eat before hand
>>
>>37109915
You are correct about the fluid retention. Although I doubt you look noticeably different- at least to anyone else other than you.

Don't make the mistake of living and dying by the weight scales.
>>
I seem to get shin splints randomly for no apparent reason. Some days I can run 10k and be fine, other days they get to bad I can hardly walk to my gym.

If I get them walking becomes super painful for 2-4 days and then clears up without me doing anything. WTF is going on?
>>
>>37109926
>>37109958
This. The ass hips and belly are some of the places where most fat is stored. You can't get big legs from squats without getting a chiseled ass. Lose fat and your glorious posterior chain will be visible. No homo.
>>
I'm making my own preworkout supplement. Does heating Creatine and Beta-Alanine fuck with the chemicals and make them not work? I'm trying to make swole Coffee here.
>>
what do ottermode-people look like with too much bf%? Any pics?
I feel like I've already hit ottermode but still have ~20% bf. Only thing I'm worried about is my chest really 'cause it didn't grow for half a year and I only go it to grow a bit recently by doing A LOT of cest-exercises
>>
>>37110013
See a podiatrist
>>
Let's say I eat 3 bars of Mars a day for a months without exceeding my daily calorie need, will I get fat?
>>
>>37110143
No. You'll probably be hungry and feel like shit though since they aren't satiating
>>
>>37110153
To elaborate, you probably won't gain weight but depending on physical activity you may gain fat and lose lean mass
>>
>>37108458
It's not strictly true, but if you live by this principal you'll probably benefit.
>>
File: 1453400211291.gif (4 MB, 208x248) Image search: [Google]
1453400211291.gif
4 MB, 208x248
Recovering /fat/ fag here.

I've lost 50 pounds and have about 20 to go before i'm at 'ideal' body weight. How long can I expect to have to lift before i start showing hypertrophy instead of skinny fat?

5'9 175 lbs / 69 cm 79 kg
>>
My 1RM for diddly is 365lbs but I realized that I never feel my hamstrings being used or are sore

What am I doing wrong? Form?
>>
Why is eating sugar considered bad?
Aren't all Carbohydrates being split into monosaccharides anyways?
I get that only eating sugar leads to it being absorbed by the body too quickly and thus leading to a lot of fat being stored but suppose I'd have a constant flow of sugar into my body, such that my carbohydrate needs are met every 24h.
In addtition to enough vitamins, proteins and fats wouldn't that be a perffectly good solution?
>>
>>37109675
Possibly Joker set.
>>
What does fit think about fitbit, especially the Charge HR?
Has it an acceptable heart rate and calories accuracy?
Does it work during lifting?
Is it more than a gadget to make graphs?
>>
>>37110369
>more than a gadget to make graphs

>math project
>"plot the function f(x)=3e^(-.5x) from -3<x<3"
>run from a speed of 13.45 km/h to .67 km/h over 6 minutes
>let it plot graph
>print it
>hand it in
>A

works every time
>>
>>37108079
Free weights > Machines > Nothing
>>
>>37108079
According to the elliptical machine (n-no homo, trying to cut), i managed to somehow burn 100 calories in 5 mins of FUCK YEE NO ONE DOES CARDIO HARDER THAN I DO speed and max height/resistance. Is this accurate? I highly doubt it, and the bike at my gym gives me around 50 calories for 5 mins which also seems a bit high.
>>
what are the best workouts for my lower abs and obliques?
>>
>>37108473
Nuts.
>>
What was the link to that wiki again. The one where that trap who constantly uses anime pictures works on.
>>
>>37110331

Because "good carbs" have stuff that allows the sugar to be released slower, such as fibres and protein, not to mention other important nutritients.
>>
>>37110331
It's not that it's directly harmful, really. But because it has no real nutritional value aside from the carbohydrates, you're missing out on a bunch of essential stuff if a large part of your energy comes from sugar. And also, and this is also due to its poor nutritional value I think, it's just not a very filling food, which means you can take in a ton of calories (and nothing else) and be hungry again soon after. That's a good way to get fat.
>>
>>37110426
So you're saying the fitbit is the ultimate math tool?
>>
Will doing HIIT and ab isolations make me lose bellyfat even if I'm on a bulk or is there no point?
>>
>>37110490
fitbit>wolfram alpha
>>
>>37109696
New 1rm attempt. You may get one or you may fail.
>>
File: 1456374148827.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456374148827.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
been working out for 7 months now and making decent gains, except for in my chest and shoulders

So what is a good work out routine that builds up chest, shoulders, and arms?
>>
File: 1462814259398.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462814259398.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
Been cutting for some time now. Went from 200lbs to 181 this morning. I continue to decrease the calories as the weight drops. Currently my macro ratio is p - 40%, c - 40%, f - 20%. Is there a better ratio for cutting? Does it even matter? I'm trying to decrease as much fat as possible. I'm starting to see my abs for the first time in a long time.
>>
>>37110218
Look up Allan thrall on YouTube. He has a vid titled "stop deadlifting until you can do this" or something to that effect. It's a form issue.
>>37110505
Cardio on a bulk is a good idea.
>>37110651
For chest have a push motion like bench or push-ups and a squeeze motion like flys.
For shoulders try overhead press and front and lateral raises
3x8 alternate chest and shoulders everyday
>>
>>37110651
Have you tried a Push/Pull/Legs routine? The Push Days will involve chest, shoulder (front and side delts), and triceps. It's a bodybuilding routine so you should put on mass easier
>>
>>37110705
I would stick to that ratio until weight loss stalls. Try going to a low carb diet after that (You will lose weight very quickly on a low carb diet). Beware however, low carb diets will make you feel like shit, your lifts may decrease, and you might look "softer"
>>
>>37110792
And it doesn't make you lose fat any faster, just all the glycogen stores you had.
>>
This is stuff is healthy, right? Like it's nutritious, right?
How nutritious is it compared to nuts in their regular non-butter form?
>>
>>37110446
pls
>>
Should I be feeling DOMS after benching?

The first 2 weeks of lifting I got incredible doms from benching. Now I don't get any even though I really have to push myself to get through my 3x5. Do I need to switch up my sets and reps?
>>
>>37111358
just pretend it'S right and measure your weight. If you're still gaining weight/ not losing weight just eat less.
>>
>>37108079
Yes
>>
File: 1462460011228.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1462460011228.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
>start working out trying SS
>only have 10, 25, 35, 45 lb plates in gym
>some guy tells me that instead of upping the weight every workout, try to go for 6-8 reps in your last set and only increase it if you can do it with good form
I already ordered the plates but want to know if this is true. Shouldn't it be 6-8 reps in all your sets for it to make sense?
>>
>>37111520
You'e right, try doing 8 reps everywhere and then increase the weight. If you're progressing really slow or feel like 5 is as close as you can get to your maximum it can be helpfull to do
5/5/6, then 5/6/6 and then 6/6/6 in three workouts. This will prevent you from powering out too fast and then not having any energy for the last set. Happend to me earlier, I'd think I could do 12 reps on the firstand second set but couldn't reach my minimum in my last set anymore.
>>
>>37111358
It's definitely not right
>>
>>37108079
Why do people taller than me, with no gains, keep trying to be intimidating? like they go out of their way to leer over me, put their stuff on benches i'm using and watch me with smug expressions. and they act shocked and offended, legit mad, when i'm in no way intimidated by this.

it's never "big" guys, only lanklets. The same guy keeps doing the same shit, putting his drink bottle on the benchpress in between my sets, just to get me to say "excuse me, mind moving this?" then he gives me a smug look and slowly moves it. multiple people have told him to stop this and that he's bing a dickhead, including both his lifting buddies and his girlfriend. this has happened 5 times now, i have bench tomorrow, if he does it again what's the appropriate response? I'm thinking throw it across the gym and tell him to go fuck himself
>>
File: homogym.jpg (2 MB, 3831x2554) Image search: [Google]
homogym.jpg
2 MB, 3831x2554
>>37111520
>>only have 10, 25, 35, 45 lb plates in gym
My home gym is literally better equipped than you
>>
File: wrist pain.jpg (54 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
wrist pain.jpg
54 KB, 500x334
So I was doing bent over barbell rows today and my left wrist hurt like shit. Is this a common problem and what could be the reason/solution? Keep in my mind my wrists never hurt in any other exercise including deadlifts, push-ups, OHP, etc
>>
>>37111736
I once had this problem when my hands were too close to each other. Try watching the angle.

So, guys. My Gf is coming over to do some home-workout. She can do 1 Pushup and 0.5 situps. Any ideas what we could do? Got a few things here..
>>
File: hobbit_feet.jpg (25 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
hobbit_feet.jpg
25 KB, 400x345
>go to sleep thursday
>walk up with sore foot
>go to sleep friday
>wake up in excruciating
>can't put weight on my foot
It's now tuesday and I'm still in pain and can't walk, I've had my foot up since friday and the pain hasn't gone away. I noticed my foot was swollen on saturday but checked today and the swelling has gone down. the pain is located in the ankle and heel of my foot.
Has this happened to anyone else?
What is it?
Why is it happening?
I've been taking pill, icing and warming my foot which works for a little while to reduce the pain, but it doesn't seem to be healing.
>>
>>37111696
some people are just assholes, he's one of them. He's probably somehow gotten used to showing his worth by making fun of other people.
I'd just ask him if he's somehow lost the ability to learn as he always puts it there and always takes it away. There is no response that would somehow show how "cool" he is, thus maybe making him stop it since he doesn't want a confrontation again.
I'm autismo though so I don't know how people react to stuff.
>>
>>37109100
dont have pictures, sorry. Im 6'0 , 185. A year ago however, i was heavily malnourished and only weighed 145. I quit all the drugs and began working out and here we are. My bf is <15% last a i got it checked 2 months ago so im assuming most of this weight was muscle.
>>
>>37109982
Probably not.

Thanks
>>
>>37111788
>fuck for three hours
>she's burnt a lot of calories
>everything she needs to do to be hot
>>
>>37108143

Just do iifym
>>
How do I cycle Pre-WO?
And is it 'reeeally' that big of a deal to cycle it?
>>
>>37111800
hobbit fever.
You should start measuring your height too.
Oh and you might wanna stay away from rings or you'll lose all your gains.
>>
>>37111734
Sadly yes
>>37111565
I see, I will try as you say thanks.
>>
>>37111343
Check the ingredients. Good peanut butter should only have peanuts and salt on there.
>>
>>37108079
Whats /fit/'s thoughts on SARMS? good? bad? death?
>>
How do i know i cannot gain any muscle mass after being on a cut, a month or two? As i am on a cut and just started lifting as im a fatass
>>
>>37111884
thanks....
>>
whey concentrate or whey isolate?
>>
>>37111919
I mean they work, but you might as well just roid if youre going that route desu
>>
So ive been ill for like 5 days and havnt been able to eat at all (more or less). Whats the protocol for going back into regular eating, bearing in mind I was cutting before. Should I eat maintenance for a week or so? Mini bulk to negate any losses ive had? Jus keep cutting? halp
>>
>>37111931
You probably can gain muscle as you're a beginner. Only people who've been consistently working out for 3-5 years can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Look into body fat calipers that tell you how much of your weight is fat and how much is the rest. You can use a tape measure and the US navy formula but that's slightly less accurate. Don't go for the digital impedance body fat devices. They're more expensive and not as reliable.
>>37111467
What you're feeling is normal. Soreness is not an indicator of muscle gain.
>>37112000
Keep at cutting calories
>>
>>37111979
what would /fit/ chose from that enhancedathlete site? will they make my dick not work? I cant seem to find much to read about them
>>
>>37112023
They pretty much do what sterons do without as many of the harsher sides, but with worse results. Ive not heard of a SARM that effects libido, although some cause suppression and can even cause shutdown. Evolutionary has some decent info on different ones, have a read there
>>
>>37111945
Isolate
>>
>>37111931
You should be able to maintain lean mass while dropping fat if you lose ~1.5% bw a week
>>
what are your tips on training chest?
Mine has always been lacking, I managed to get it to grow a bit by doing a routine where I switched from incline to decline to normal and also flipping between barbell and dumbbell. Also did dips.
It's okay but still far behind what I'd want it to be at my proportions.
>>
How much bodyfat can I expect to lose per month on a cut?
>>
>>37112128
Bench more and do more bench variations.

Flat bench. incline bench, paused bench, dips etc
I've found my chest can handle a ton of volume and needs to be hit fairly hard about 3 times a week to grow at all.
>>
>>37112145
about 1.5% bodyweight a week is a maintainable rate of loss without risking losing lean mass if your diet and exercise is good.
>>
>>37112145
2lb on 500 cal deficit per day.
>>
>>37112155
>>37112128

this. The chest is really easy to grow by upping volume.
>>
>>37112087
but concentrate is way cheaper and only 3g less preiotins.
>>
>>37112208
It's 4 lbs, bro.
>>
>>37112128
Bench heavy, bench a lot and bench often. Same as any muscle.
>>
>>37112155
>>37112226
>>37112328

I was always affraid of working it out every training because "muh regeneration". What's up with that?
>>
>fat as fuck
>bodyweight squats
>good form
>knee pains for 2 weeks after

What do?
>>
>>37112398
sure it's good form?
Have you recorded your self, sideview?
It's basically the only thing I can think off.
>>
>>37112352
Over training is a meme. As long as you eat enough you should be fine. If you find yourself stalling over several weeks that may be a sign of under recovery but it's unlikely.

>>37112398
lose weight
>>
>>37108079
beginner here

doing SL for 1.5 months now and i wanted to ask
what if i incorporated ohp on every workout for lets say 3 sets of 8 reps?
i want to get bigger and stronger shoulders
>>
>>37111868
Anyone?
>>
>>37112484
bump
>>
Guys currently i do
A
8 reps x 3 sets Bench
8x3 skull crushers
8x3 curls/ hammer curls

B
8x3 Squat
8x3 Rows/ other back machines
8x3 Shoulder press
10-15x3 calves

ABABAxxABABAxx
should i switch to
ABABAxxBABABxx
or ABxABxxABxABxx

focusing on mass and strength any opinions or recommendation? im welcome to anything
>>
>>37112484
Stick to the routine for barbell OHP, as you start adding weight you'll need the recovery time (not to mention overworking the OHP will affect your bench), and doing 5x5 heavy will build your shoulders more.
Instead you can add dumbell ohp or side raises on your non OHP days if you'd like
>>
>>37112659
alright, sounds good thanks man
>>
>>37112444
Absolutely. I used to do them 2 years before, and it never happened. I gained a lot of weight since then. I'm 5'10 220 lbs if relevant.

>>37112472
>lose weight
Without squats?
>>
File: food.png (94 KB, 1582x1671) Image search: [Google]
food.png
94 KB, 1582x1671
Whole day of eating. Did I do good?

Atum is tuna
Queijo is cheese
>>
>>37112706

Every day is leg day when you're fat
>>
When shold I add OHP in a powerlifting program ?
I noticed there's no OHP in my powerlifting program, as I'm doing the Greg Nuckol intermediate training, any tips ?
>>
>>37112632
pls respond.
>>
I need a recipe for some extremely low calorie/sodium homemade teriyaki to put on my veggies and shit. Please respond
>>
File: 1462901694788-1778761241.jpg (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1462901694788-1778761241.jpg
4 MB, 2448x3264
I am training since januari.
83kg and 195 cm(dutch)
I lift three times a week like AxBxAx..
I am following a beginners program
My stats for 3x8 reps are:
Bp 65kg
Dl 95kg
Ohp 35kg
Should I move to more advanced program?
>>
File: 1462901910270490402933.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1462901910270490402933.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Hi i have been lifting since januari
83 kg and 195 cm
I am following a beginners program and want to know if i should move on to a more advanced one?
My stats are for 3*8:
Dl 95kg
Bp 65kg
Ohp 35kg
See pic for my schedule
>>
1.5PL/2.5PL/2Pl/2Pl
Mfw I can almost OHP more than I can squat/DL. I had a back injury years ago and it keeps me from doing those out of fear from exacerbatING my lower back.
BUT I can leg press 1100 pounds, so my legs arent snall, I just have core problems it seems.
Question - Will my lack of Squat/DL keep me from gaining muscle, or is it OK to do LP and just do regular core exercises?

I tend to lean fwd when Sq/Dl. I dunno what to do bros.
6'2 230 roughly 23% fatty Mc fatterson
>>
yo so I quit lifting for 3 months because my gf cheated on me with my best friend, but now im finally getting over it and started doing a full body work out routine of AxBxAxx to wake my body up after a long rest

usually I always slept for 9-12 hours straight, but now my body is waking itself up after only 4 hours of sleep and it's pissing me off cuz it's only half of what your body needs to fully recover isnt it? why is my body doing this now?
>>
Last week I had a little bit of upper ab definition.
Started yohimbine +cardio on Saturday, have had 1500 calories per day.

Lost about half a pound, but upper ab definition is gone. Does Yohimbine really cause that much water retention, taking 12.5mg, gonna take 15 tomorrow.
>>
>>37112632
ABxABxx should do
You need to rest. Goodluck, interesting program, you built it yourself ?
>>
>>37108969
Can I do deadlifts in that assisted squat rack thing?
>>
>>37112905
>Should I move to more advanced program?
Your program is ok, stick to it, your stats aren't that big to switch to some more advanced program.
Goodluck.
>>
File: blueshorts.jpg (65 KB, 571x539) Image search: [Google]
blueshorts.jpg
65 KB, 571x539
I've gone through periods of machines-only and free weights only and I don't notice a difference in progression. But it depends on the quality of machines, if you have access to good Med-X or similar variable cam stuff then they are superior to free weights. I do HIT style stuff so machines are really ideal for that with variable resistance.
>>
Does anyone get really dizzy or lightheaded doing bulgarian split squats? I have no problem with squats or any other leg workouts (I have some problem with db step ups), but they make me feel like my heart will explode.
>>
>>37109216
kek
>>
>>37111493
Explain
>>
>>37113129

It's God punishing you for doing meme lifts.
>>
>>37112706
Your joints probably hurt because you are fat, lose the weight first.
>>
>>37108143
Clearly your willpower isn't enough
>>
File: 1459459640813.jpg (49 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
1459459640813.jpg
49 KB, 700x540
>>37113155
>>
>>37113173
I don't know what motivates me anymore. I was doing well. Lost 15kg in 4-5months. Then.. existential lifting crisis. I need back on the gains train. Hopefully I can cut out sugar by next week. Excluding fruit. Hopefully I. ..Make it
>>
>>37111800
Go to the doctor.
I had something similar where my foot hurt whenever I walked on it, turned out to be some form of tendonitis.
It was kinda like when you bite the inside of your mouth then it swells up and you keep biting it.

I got some anti inflammatory pills and it went away in a few days.

Could also be a stress fracture, which would be more serious.
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 350x338
>>37113197
>Losing weight
>Gains
>>
>>37113311
*lean gains. Sorry Doc.
>>
Is there a specific weight that,once hit, means I should get a belt?

I'm on 2.5pl8 highbar squat atm and working steadily toward 3pl8 (5/3/1 so progress is comfortable if slow). 5'7,64kg if we're talking about weight proportion. I was only going to consider a belt if/when I get my 3pl8. Anons in other threads seem to suggest doing 3pl8 raw is asking for a herniated disc though. Pls advise.
>>
>>37113103
That's pretty motivating. The machines I have access too are the standard chest press, leg press, row ones. So based on you... and so long as I'm careful, it seems an entire routine based around these wouldn't be so bad. Thanks for the input : )
>>
>>37108531

JUST EAT FOOD

Veggies with rice and meat, burritos with meat, salsa, veggies.

Yes, even the high end ones aren't going to be as good as cruising the veggie and frozen meat section of your grocery store.
>>
Asked this a couple days ago, forgot about it and didn't read any potential answers:

I've been doing bodyweight exercises for a year with very little progress. I want to get into lifting now, but the big problem is that all the gyms in my area exclusively offer cardio shit (treadmills OR machines etc.).

What am I supposed to do?
>>
>>37113482
Keep doing bodyweight but a structured routine with progression built in if you haven't. That's the main reason people aren't progressing.
>>
Did SL 5x5 for two months, then checked my form cause of back pain and deloaded, switched to icf so I could do more shit. Now stalling hard on squat and dl at 90/95 kg, form keeps getting shit as soon as I add weight. What do?
>>
>>37113167
hmm i dont think so
>>
>>37113482
Alternatively, move somewhere not shit.
>>
>>37112726
Looking for feedback. Thank you.
>>
>>37113517
Thanks for the answer. I'm definitely going to continue doing bodyweight. As for the routine, I roughtly went with reddit's recommended routine, but modified with exercises I like to do. As for progress, I've been having the most trouble with pullups. I've been stuck on 5-7 since forever, they don't seem to be getting easier. For the amount of time I've put in it's laughable that I can't even consistently hit 7.
>>37113563
I just moved to a big(ger) town and I was pretty shocked to see that none of the gyms here seem to offer what everyone in this thread is doing.
>>
>>37113525
I wanna be stronk like u guys pls help
>>
Just got a tat monday on my tri's and today is chest/tri, should i switch with back/bi to let it heal enough or is it okay to bench ?
>>
>>37113729
how shit is your tat?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160510-205219.png (311 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160510-205219.png
311 KB, 1440x2560
BEST WAY OF TRACKING GAINZ COMING THROUGH

But honestly would like some feedback as to how everyone else does it?

I do 3 sets of 10 reps with increasing weight. If I do all 3 sets of 10, I increase the weight, just in case it wasn't clear from the screenshot.
>>
File: Frog.jpg (66 KB, 486x482) Image search: [Google]
Frog.jpg
66 KB, 486x482
>>37113787
You tell me (take in mind that i love it) Can i lift now ? I'm just waiting for a responce
>>
>>37113083
yes friend, after a while of doing it though i find my joints start to hurt after 5 days routine and 6 months. ill try it out hopefully i see some decent gains currently bulking.
>>
File: 1444588605594.png (73 KB, 226x297) Image search: [Google]
1444588605594.png
73 KB, 226x297
>>37113854
>>
>>37113854
AHJAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
THIS CAN'T BE REAL
IT JUST
CAN'T
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>37113896
>>37113872
I didn't got it for you turbo autismo.
That's the thread where people ask question and other respond. Now tell me if i can do some chest
>>
Outside of PL contexts, where the leverages and shortened moment arms are obviously critical, does sumo squatting have any benefits over a more normal stance?
i.e., should my actual training be done with sumo squats? They let me push bigger numbers, but I don't "feel" them like I do standard stanced squats.
>>
>>37113854
holy shit it's real
>>
File: 138860_1.jpg (19 KB, 362x460) Image search: [Google]
138860_1.jpg
19 KB, 362x460
I was thinking of buying straps since I can't grip the bar as of now. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>37113854
>>37113954
1.) that's a really weird tat, fella. I'm not gonna insult it, but it's strange.
2.) Ointment it up, wear a tanktop, then as long as you're not grinding your tris against the bench, you'll be fine.
source: tattoo artist
>>
>>37114026
I'd probably use them as an accessory (along with narrower stance squats)
>>
>>37114056
>Ointment it up, wear a tanktop, then as long as you're not grinding your tris against the bench, you'll be fine.
That's what i thought to do first. Thank mate ! Tonight my gains are for you, anonymous tattoo artist
>>
>>37108342
>frozen
What about frozen veggies? Those are super convenient.
>>
>>37114261
frozen veggies are fine if you struggle to get fresh veggies
>>
File: breh.gif (920 KB, 481x281) Image search: [Google]
breh.gif
920 KB, 481x281
>>37113854
>>
Should I shave my arms?

Have fair hair and got some quite joicy forearms after lots of farmers walks. Worried someone at work will notice but then again hair is fair and I got a decent tan at the weekend so looks kinda weird now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.