[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I replace all the sugar in my diet with fruit and be fine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sugar[1].jpg (333 KB, 2048x1817) Image search: [Google]
sugar[1].jpg
333 KB, 2048x1817
Can I replace all the sugar in my diet with fruit and be fine? I have a huge sweet tooth and will it be healthy if i just eat shitload of sweet fruits? does it count towards sugar?
>>
>>37101995
No. Just stop eating sugar. It can be hard first week, but you can manage it
>>
>>37102026
Then how come fruit is being advised as something healthy?
>>
>>37102048

>healthy

That buzzword is the most retarded meme of the civilized world. Fruit can be part of your diet if it coincides with your goals, AKA if you have a sweet tooth eat fruit because it has loads of other nutrients that candy doesn't have including fiber and satiation and a much lower insulin spike.

If ones goal were to gain massive amounts of fat then you could drink shit loaded with added sugar like soda.
>>
>>37102107
Why can't you just eat/drink sugar then take a multivitamin? Same thing as eating fruit if we judge by that logic?
>>
>>37101995
>will it be healthy if i just eat shitload of sweet fruits
What the fuck do you think? I swear, I think the people that come here are getting dumber than /b/tards...
>>
Fruit actually has very little fructose.

Because of its high fiber to sugar amount, most fruit will not even create an insulin response. Fruit is extremely low on the insulin index and glycemic index.

Fruit sugar being bad for you is one of the most retarded and ignorant fitness myths to date

You'd need an abnormally large diet of fruit to match the the amount fructose in one soda

You should aim to eat as much fruit as possible each day
>>
>>37102138

It's not the same as eating fruit because you're comparing a food to a vitamin. You do realize fruit has macro nutrients like carbs, proteins, and fats right? I'm not surprised though because I've seen multiple threads of people on here trying to supplement fucking eating with taking vitamins because they can't grocery shop or stomach normal food humans have been eating for centuries.

TLDR: Learn what fruit is, it ain't just sugar poopoo
>>
>>37102196
>>37102201
what about the banana? I heard it has a lot of sugar content mainly
>>
>>37102216

Bananas have roughly 14g of sugar but around 3g of fiber. Eating 14g of sugar from a candy bar will fill you up for all of 3 seconds but eating a banana is snack choice that can fuel you for much longer because the fiber slows digestion.

Eat a variety of all types of fruits and vegetables and you will never need to come to this board for nutrition again. Unless you wan't people to tell you to drink gallons of milk a day.
>>
>>37102216

Bananas have a low glycemic index

A diabetic can eat up to 10 bananas without an insulin spike
>>
>>37102292
thank you for helping me, no really, most people just troll or tell you ure stupid. U just teached me a big lesson in life, to eat fruit and vegetables you know what i mean? thanks man!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.