[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Triceps and tendonitis doesnt get better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tendonitis.jpg (63 KB, 360x199) Image search: [Google]
tendonitis.jpg
63 KB, 360x199
guys, when i first started going to gym about 3 months ago whenever i did any tricep excersise i would always get like a weird feeling in my elbow, gym trainer, friends, and my aunt who is a doctor agree it is tendonitis. i was told to avoid triceps for atleast 2 months. so i went to gym and got way more ahead on each excersise. when i finally did triceps i could do about 10kg rope pulldowns or whatever theyre called, while im doing way way way more with every excersise. anyways, i still get that same feeling in elbow tendons and if i lower the weight more than 10kg i dont feel any burns or whatever. ive tried many different exercises (skullcrushers, assisted dips, rope pulldowns, etc) and i still get the feeling. then i started feeling it in other exercises like bicep curls and bench press. so i stopped going to gym for atleast a month and just cutting and jogging every once in a while. when i went to a park about a month and a half or so and went to the calishthenics bodyweight shit on the fitness trail, and went to do assisted dips (i help a minimum ammount with one foot) and i still get same thing. what should i do? every other exercise is waaaay ahead of my triceps but i cant train them. please help.
ive done super low weight and i still get that shit after a few reps.
>>
bump pls help
>>
scooby pls
>>
>>37099815
Okay first of all don't despair. Even if you couldn't do another triceps extension for the rest of your life, you can still get huge triceps. Extensions are meant to be an assistance exercise - You can get really, really good size increases from compound pressing exercises such as dips or close-grip presses at various angles (if you have access to chains that's even better).

Anyway below are some elbow saving guidelines. It's not something you have to adhere to all the time (not all of it at least), but while you're still having severe issues, I'd do everything I could to rehab it, if I were you.

1) Warm up PROPERLY! That means you should be slightly sweating by the time you begin lifting weights.

2) Warm up even more! If you're about to do any exercise that may cause slight pain normally, then first do 2-3 sets of 30-40 (yes that many) reps in a random curl exercise. Doing so will force so much fluids into the elbow joint that it'll be all lubed up and protected.

3) Eliminate all pull-ups/chin-ups/pull-downs/rows with a bar or attachment that keeps your hands locked in place. Use only dumbbells, kettlebells, rings for a while.

4) Minimize all barbell pressing exercises. Use mainly dumbbells and/or rings. A few sets here and there are acceptable though.

5) When training biceps or another of the elbow flexor muscles, do not let your arms fully extend in the bottom of the rep. Stop the rep 1 cm before. Also do not use barbells or EZ-bars or anything that locks your hands into place. Stick to dumbbells.

6) When/if you do triceps extensions, stick to cable variations and do NO FEWER than 12 reps. That means light weight, high reps.

If you implement all of these tips, I'd be pretty surprised if your elbow doesn't start getting better.
>>
>>37100052
thanks, can this work for strength though? i need tricep strength for some things id like to do.
>>
>>37100090
What do you mean, exactly?
>>
>>37100102
like will the compound lifts and all the tips and such (screecapped thanks) only fix my tricep problems asthetically speaking, or functionally too? i need bicep strength and function over asthetics
>>
>>37100126
Absolutely.
>>
>>37100177
thanks
>>
File: 40261_image.jpg (153 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
40261_image.jpg
153 KB, 1000x1000
>>37099815
I've found a McDavid elbow compression sleeve helped my elbow/tendonitis. warming up made a big difference, too.
>>
>>37100243
cool ill see if i can get one in a pharmacy ive seen some generic ones.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.