[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats so bad about salt, /fit/? how does it affect your gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 615x409
whats so bad about salt, /fit/? how does it affect your gains?
>>
>>37098410

Bloating?
>>
A majority of people are sedentary, that's the only way salt is bad. If you're even slightly active the 2.4g recommendation is thrown out the window. You can't get to much. Whatever isn't used is either sweated or pissed out. Salt hate is up there with le saturated fats and cholesterol from eggs meme. A couple flawed studies and a Dr oz special then suddenly everyone fancies themself a dietitian, despite looking like shit.
>>
>>37098410
salt helps you retain water which helps you not have to pee every 10 minutes and allows you to drink much more water and stay hydrated
>>
File: image.png (680 KB, 603x568) Image search: [Google]
image.png
680 KB, 603x568
bump
>>
>>37098863
The things you people have in 'murica, no wonder so many of you are fat
>>
>>37098410
Nothing

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/
>>
>>37098703
>You can't get to much. Whatever isn't used is either sweated or pissed out. Salt hate is up there with le saturated fats and cholesterol from eggs meme.

Thaaaat's not really true. Too much salt will contribute to high blood pressure, and you don't automatically piss out excess just because you drink plenty of water
>>
If you want to have a six pack, cutting down on salt is advised since your skin will just bloat up and cover everything
>>
>>37099401
someone pls confirm if this is true or just broscience
>>
>>37099646

It's basic biology mate. Try eating something salty which will make you want to drink 2L of water and see how bloated you get.
Even competing bodybuilders dehydrate themselves to look more shredded.
>>
No its fine. Unless you eat 500 grams a day
>>
Unless you are a boomer with hearth problems you have nothing to worry about. It has no lasting consequences, you just piss or sweat it out.
>>
>>37099803
>hearth problems
I hate it when I get salt in my hearth
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.