[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strength training routine with resistance bands? I used to train
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 20inch-latex-set-1-2-3-4-5.jpg (156 KB, 1600x971) Image search: [Google]
20inch-latex-set-1-2-3-4-5.jpg
156 KB, 1600x971
Strength training routine with resistance bands?

I used to train quite a bit back in the day, but I've sort of lost the love for weight training. For one, I travel a lot and thus I often lost 40% of my lifts in a couple of months, which pissed me off. Secondly, I have fucked up arms, which interferes with my ROM and thus I can't do traditional strength training without bad posture (the last straw was when I had back aches for close to a month, and could barely walk because I'd done weight exercises with bad posture).

I was thinking that the solution to this are resistance bands, as they're portable, and adapt to your ROM... Anyone have experience with this? I'm not looking to become buff as hell, just maintain a decent level of functional strength.
>>
In regards to the "fucked up arms" thing, just meant to say that I can't fully stretch either one of my arms. As such, I have a permanent gorilla/t-rex walk if I don't put my arms on my back.
>>
bump
>>
Guys, anyone? Surely there must be someone knowledgeable in this. Or it seems me and the other guys are sadly out of luck...
>>
>>
>>37084402
Scooby has something on resistance band training, but it's a light travel routine, nothing complete...
>>
>>37085401
That's where I got the idea from. But I wanted to see if someone has actually gotten results purely from doing resistance bands. And if so, what they did.
>>
>>37085442
The problem with resistance bands is that you can't have progressive overload, which is the core concept of bodybuilding...
Is body weight an option for you? Because I'm pretty sure that resistance bands would not really work well or efficiently.
>>
>>37085442
resistance bands are okay for beginners, but you'll top out fairly quickly for anything other than maintenence of supplementing a barbell workout.

you can start there and transition to bodyweight progressions i.e. startbodyweight
>>
>>37085508
Well, there are resistance bands with various densities. I have two, one that is the equivalent of a 5-10kg dumbell, whilst another one that is the equivalent of 40kg when fully stretched out. Body weight is an option, everything except pushups (not that I'm not physically strong enough for pushups, I just can't stretch my arms far enough for it to be a full pushup)

>>37085512
Any recommendations on things I ought to read for bodyweight training?
>>
>>37083667
It's fine. There are even some exercises you can do with them that you can't do with regular weights like monster band walks, though they're of questionable value outside of physical therapy. But bands aren't safer or better than traditional weights, though. Or worse. Weight is weight and resistance is resistance, whether that's with a barbell, bands, or body weight.
>>
>>37085588
Hmm, in that case I might be wrong. Might be suffering from selection bias, as I've never been hurt with resistance bands. I guess I might not swing my body when I don't have a barbell or something....
>>
>>37085571
>Any recommendations on things I ought to read for bodyweight training?
>>37085512
>i.e. startbodyweight

nope, absolutely nothing
>>
>>37086142
Oh! I thought startbodyweight was a concept. As in that I should start body weight training. My bad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.