[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I drink around 4-6 cans of diet soda a day Pic related is currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 69794011_0_640x640.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
69794011_0_640x640.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
I drink around 4-6 cans of diet soda a day

Pic related is currently my favourite

Aside from the caffeine and strengthening one's hook on sweet stuff, is this stuff really bad for me? Is there any credible evidence?
>>
bumperoo
>>
>>37078622
Probably not but I imagine its hell on your teeth.
>>
>>37078622
i dont have the studies on hand but you'd need to drink 4+ Liters of diet drinks a day for it to be considered "not safe".

so you should be fine drinking it, the only thing i would worry about is how the carbonation/acid from the soda would mess with your teeth
>>
Won't the sodium levels raise water retention? I hear it sucks for facial aesthetics
>>
File: 1440914360955.jpg (152 KB, 567x461) Image search: [Google]
1440914360955.jpg
152 KB, 567x461
>>
>there are people who don't have the will to stop drinking that garbage

You will literally never make it
>>
Bad for your teeth. Weakens your enamel and stains them. It could facilitate the development of acid reflux. Like you said, it could make you want more sweet stuff. And that's a decent amount of caffeine. I'd cut down 2-3 if I were you. But everything's bad for you, diet soda isn't the worst thing you could put in your ass.
>>
>>37080454
I mean mouth
>>
Stop drinking that shit. It's impressively easy to stop binging on caffeine. I used to drink 2-3 cans a day a few years back, now I drink 1 can a month if that.
>>
File: diet-soda-400x400.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
diet-soda-400x400.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
I drink diet soda because I'm type one diabetic, and regular soda is a no-no for me. Plus, I'm trying to lose weight. I'm 60lbs down (40 more to go...) and I didn't change my diet soda drinking habits at all. I have about 2 - 3 cans a day.

My best friend, though, comes to me today and is like "yo, I'm only telling you this because I care about you man, but you really need to stop drinking diet soda. It'll mess with your blood sugar and I know you're trying to lose weight - it actually makes you gain weight."

I tried explaining why that's horseshit - especially the blood sugar part. I monitor my blood sugar and diet soda does NOTHING to it. But he insists that I need to stop drinking them because they're super unhealthy.

Granted, they're not healthy, but they're not nearly as detrimental as he's implying... right?
>>
>>37080646
Well, did you read the thread before posting or...
>>
my friend's aunt said it gives cancers.
>>
>>37080658
Well, no one really mentioned blood sugar.
>>
>>37080680
That's because it's bullshit. You've already lost 60lbs right? You have died from diabetic shock after drinking it right? Keep doing you and roll your eyes next time you friend says some bullshit.
>>
>>37080646

damn it sucks that we live in an age where we can't observe people's blood glucose levels to see if there's a reaction to diet sodas and if there wasn't it wouldn't be truly remarkable and not even worth mentioning because it's just a chemical that triggers the sensation of sweetness in our mouths making whatever we consume more palatable as our evolutionary adaptations have made us desire things that are very calorie dense because we are more likely to survive and thus we are simply superseding evolutionary traits by consuming artificially sweetened low calorie foods and beverages and whoever says that it causes a spike in blood sugar or makes you gain weight is an absolute twat who talks out of his arsehole.
>>
>>37080661
Yeah, if you inject 12 cans directly into your body for 10 years.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.