[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I structure my training around a construction job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: construction.jpg (41 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
construction.jpg
41 KB, 400x300
How do I structure my training around a construction job?
>>
low reps
low volume
high perecentage of your 1RM
focus on injury prevention
>>
File: rtn.png (23 KB, 246x564) Image search: [Google]
rtn.png
23 KB, 246x564
>>37075569
fuck bro, forget about doing a lot of volume, pic related was my routine before I started working, I needed a full week recovery after two weeks doing both things. It's fucking overkill, even more if you are only doing throw downs (is this a correct term? I'm spanish) and carrying waste. Just stick to a couple-days routine and don't push yourself too much, at least until you are stronger. And EAT A FUCKLOAD OF GOOD FOOD
>>
>>37075590
Thank you
>>
>>37075569
What the other guys said. Trust me, keep them shoulders and back as healthy as you can fucking manage.

I personally prefer to program it so that I have either monday/friday off from training, it creates the illusion of a long weekend.
>>
>>37075569
i work as a plumber and when i started it was all about full body routine,wanted gains (light) in arms and back to prevent injuries.
Now that i'm in the gym for about 10 month, i do more heavy rep, and i feel good with it at work....
i'm more muscular and it's all good.
i eat late (around 9) got sleep kinda late (11 or 12) and it's okay in the morning (6h45)
>>
>>37075569
I used to wake at 3am, work started at 530am. Would be asleep by 9pm. After a couple weeks it was easy, made mild gains because of routine though.
>>
>>37075590
Be as over budget and past the deadline as possible. Then blame the unions
>>
File: heights.jpg (83 KB, 636x850) Image search: [Google]
heights.jpg
83 KB, 636x850
I want to work construction but am afraid of heights. Wat do?
>>
>>37077573
Steel workers mostly deal with great heights in the open. But if your looking to get in, I'd recommend city, and utilities. Or prepare for instability, applying for another company once sometimes twice year.
>>
Drink lots and lots of water. Prepare your meals the night before. Your body will get used to the constant cardio throughout the day. Get enough sleep. 8 Hours minimum. Lift for strength/hypertrophy at the gym. Relax, be stress free, smile.
>>
3x5 Crane Cleans
2x8 Cinder Lifts
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.